Page 6 of 221 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Three/four-day squad: Reece Young (c), Andy McKay, Brent Arnel, Dean Brownlie, George Worker, Hamish Rutherford, Luke Woodcock, Neil Broom, Neil Wagner, Sam Wells, Tarun Nethula, Tom Latham, Trent Boult.
    McKay? Does Athlai even like McKay?

Selectors' intuition only 5% of the pie I guess, consistency of (taking 2/90 for Wgtn) performance 25%, fitness 10% (McKay's a physio).

The elusive stags don't stand much of a chance with this "breakdown", possibly for the best they didn't run in hard on heavy turf at Lincoln anyway. Possibly why Gillespie's not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    damien wright cbf. quitting after the t20 wc
    Hahahahha

He realised that NZ was bad for his resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    So the schedules for the season are out.

Plunket Shield starts late October, breaks just before Christmas then picks up again in late January. Final round starts on 20th of February.

Ford Trophy has a dedicated window, starting on the 26th of February, following the conclusion of the First Class season.

HRV Cup starts in early November with a single weekly Friday night game before the main competition kicks off over the Christmas/New Year period. Final on 20th of January.

The International players will miss the majority of the T20 stuff by the looks of it as they'll be in South Africa. So they'll play Plunket Shield, go to SA, come back and have a week off then play England. While the England series is on there will only be One Day domestic cricket for those not involved.
    Last edited by BackFootPunch; 04-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Aren't we playing Sri Lanka in November/December?

Was a goer, can tell you that much.

Ceylon Today | Sri Lanka to host Kiwis

Sri Lanka to host Kiwis

Date:2012-05-26 17:48:00

By Champika Fernando

Sri Lanka will host New Zealand for two Tests, five ODIs and a T-20 match in October-November before heading for Australia for a full cricket series of three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s on December 3.

New Zealand will arrive for the first time since 2009 to play a bilateral series in Colombo on October 20.

The tour will kick off with the T20 on October 24 at the Pallekelle stadium where the first ODI is also expected to be played on October 27.

Hambantota will host the second and third limited over matches on October 31 and November 3 and Colombo the fourth and the fifth ODI scheduled at the R Premadasa stadium.

The fourth ODI will be on November 7 while the final match will be on November 10.

New Zealand who suffered a 2-0 defeat in their last two match Test series in mid 2009 will play a two-day warm up match on November 13 and 14 at the P. Sara Oval before the two match series begins on November 17.

The first Test will be at the Galle International Stadium while the second Test will be in Colombo starting November 25.

Friday nights at the Cake Tin without NZ players, pretty hopeful there.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Kinda odd that there's nothing on the NZC website about the Sri Lanka tour. Perhaps the Lankans have been slack in getting it organised given they're hosting the T20 WC in a couple of weeks?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    At least our players should be somewhat used to local conditions with the ODIs and a warmup before the tests. Still would prefer three tests obviously - just doesn't feel like a proper series otherwise.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Kinda odd that there's nothing on the NZC website about the Sri Lanka tour. Perhaps the Lankans have been slack in getting it organised given they're hosting the T20 WC in a couple of weeks?
    I actually convinced myself there wasn't a tour, even when I knew there was. And when Ross told me there was on the radio yesterday. Weird by NZC.

NZ players or no NZ players, Friday night HRV is bladdy good.

I’m really pleased they have re-jigged the domestic calendar to get rid of the separate blocks for the 3 forms of cricket.

But until I can see the domestic calendar alongside the Blackcaps calendar (SL tour, SA tour, Eng inbound tour) I will still reserve some judgement.

I read a few months David White saying something about this changing. This is the first positive move of his since taking over from Vaughan, so off to a positive start IMO.

The absolute disrespect our administration has shown to Plunket Shield and test cricket over the last decade has revealed them as an organisation geared up solely as an overseas TV money harvester. Hopefully we will now see a more balanced and sustainable approach. Because being completely useless at playing cricket puts a lot of that overseas money at great risk.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Friday nights at the Cake Tin without NZ players, pretty hopeful there.
    Is it really at the cake tin. Have mixed feelings about that. The basin is tough to get to by train while the cake tin is a brief walk from the train station. So for a friday night venue it is better for me - but it will be stink sitting in a massive empty stadium.

Also the best part of the HRV cup is the black caps. You can really see the gulf, between a black cap and the other players - and it is heart warming to see crowds turn up just to see Scott Styris (former blackcap) Kane and Tim.

I see James Fuller got his first FC 5-for over night. 5-29. Congrats to him.

Ish Sodhi's Batting Heroics, U19 World Cup Quarterfinal - YouTube (yep, U19 WC video is now in the vault).

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Is it really at the cake tin. Have mixed feelings about that. The basin is tough to get to by train while the cake tin is a brief walk from the train station. So for a friday night venue it is better for me - but it will be stink sitting in a massive empty stadium.
    Yeah, a ghost town (even worse at Eden Park) will dictate the mood of Sky's product a lot too, but even with say $10 tickets I'm not sure they'll generate an atmosphere. May have to look at Martin Crowe and Graeme Hughes making a comeback for Friday Night Max....I mean, HRV, to make it 'showtime' and special.

Ryder and Ronchi opening up for the Firebirds, Vettori the only top-class LO bowler on the radar I can think of at this stage, this is definitely Athlai's Champions League year.
    Luke Ronchi 64(28) - West Indies v Australia 5th ODI at St Kitts 2008 - YouTube
    Last edited by Kippax; 06-09-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Bowled some deliveries at below 70kph there, interesting. Good turn, but didn't seem to be beating the batsmen outside off an awful lot which is strange.
    Sodhi vs. Scotland U19 - YouTube
    Certainly rips it past the outside edge of Scotland's bats in a low-key group match.

The late 2013 Bangladesh tour I reckon he wins (or has already won) a Test cap, Sodhi on course to have just a little bit more game than Greg Loveridge at 20.

Page 6 of 221 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information