• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Blain

U19 Captain
Rutherford seems to have trouble getting started.. Alot of nicks and plays and misses. But he looks like a great driver of the ball and can score big. Has got a couple 90s lately, would be good to see him score a hundy. I wouldnt want him playing tests for another season at least though. Only really been consistent in the side since mid last season.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Rutherford seems to have trouble getting started.. Alot of nicks and plays and misses. But he looks like a great driver of the ball and can score big. Has got a couple 90s lately, would be good to see him score a hundy. I wouldnt want him playing tests for another season at least though. Only really been consistent in the side since mid last season.[/QUOTE

Did you watch him today? What are you basing this on - very interested in a first hand report.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie doesn't exactly look like he's charging in. Unsure if his arse is bigger than usual too or if it's always been that size and I'd just forgotten :ph34r:. Gut feel is he's not going to bowl well if he plays for NZ this season, unfortunately. Someone needs to make him angry so he runs in harder and gets it through quicker - Wellington should threaten to drop him again imo.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
@ Hurricane, na I didnt watch him yesterday, but I watch all his highlights and watched him in a couple live streams. Seems to get a nick or two through the slips early on pretty often. Obviously that happens with the new ball, along with the play and misses.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
3 left armers in the Canterbury attack this match, fairly unusual. I'm guessing wicket may be a bit sticky this morning.

Was it Jamie How, in a kippax upload of 11/12 dismissals, that kept getting out to left armers?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If there's a player with a bigger chasm between how good he thinks he is and how good he actually is than A.Devcich, I can't think of him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Really irritated by Ryder's dismissals this season, particularly in last weeks game v Auckland. It shows that he's nowhere near ready for international cricket. If he tries that sort of rubbish against Anderson and Broad he's going to be humiliated. We all know that Jesse's too good for domestic cricket, but he needs to treat it for what it is - preparation for his return to the national side - and start playing accordingly.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes it annoys me too - completely agree.

Canterbury 19/4 vs ND :laugh:. If that doesn't say 'green seamer' by itself, surely Ryan McCone taking 4 wickets does.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's really an accurate measure of how desperate he is (or in this case isn't) to get back in the national side. He knows they'll have him at any given opportunity anyway. He can have a bit of fun and slog around merrily on flat pitches against domestic attacks.

Similar situation for Lou. Can't believe that people are talking about him as an alternative for Guppy in the Test side. He's making quick 30s with lofted drives over mid-off-cover then nicking out getting stuck over his front foot, as he always has. He's only here to play HRV and fill in time around it.

Immenso

So Astle is playing. Part of conversation on the other thread .... About Wagner and Martin not plating ...

So Hira gets first FC match in years, didn't bowl as it is a greentop, then replaced before he can bat. Or did online scorecard just have it wrong from the start?

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Nah the scorecard has it right. I think Hira now heads to Rangiora to play for Canterbury A, he's probably not had a lot of bowling recently.

Wagner and Martin will come in for the next innings I imagine.

Immenso

Wagner in Duffy out.

And Bartlett in the wickets. I see yesterday Hopkins made the schoolboy error of bowling him away from the camera, so we didn't get the benefit of his fearsome front on action, and Rutherford cashed in .......

Mike5181

International Captain
Taylor shoots up ICC rankings

Following the BLACKCAPS fine win against Sri Lanka in Colombo, a number of players have made big movements up the ICC ranking ladder.

Head of the pack is captain Ross Taylor, who bolted up to eighth on the Test batting list. It’s a career high for the skipper, who is reaping the rewards from his scores of 142 and 74 in the recent victory.

It’s not surprising to see Taylor rise so high, with the 28 year-old having scored centuries in the West Indies, India and Sri Lanka this year alone. He also holds a healthy average of 43.57.

With the South Africa series just around the corner he will have the chance to continue elevating, with Kevin Pietersen a mere three points ahead of him in seventh.

Fellow batsman Kane Williamson is also befitting from his big century in the last Test, having climbed 13 positions to a personal best 35th spot.

In the bowling rankings, Tim Southee has broken into the top 20 for the first time having jumped 13 spots from 33rd. It’s fair reward for what was a breakout series for Southee, highlighted by his figures of eight for 120 in Colombo.

He joins Chris Martin on the ladder, who sits two positions higher in 18th. Bright prospect Trent Boult has not yet worked his way up that high, but few would doubt he won’t in time having impressed many during the series.

The 23 year-old sits in 48th, having ascended 16 spots. Doug Bracewell also went up three spots to be ranked 38th.

New Zealand Cricket - Taylor shoots up ICC rankings

When's the last time we had a batsman that high in the rankings?

Immenso

I had vague recollections of Munro being more of a bowler in his first stint, so I checked on Cricket Archive. He batted 11 on his FC debut. And bowled first change. He had moved to number 10 by his second match.