Cricket Player Manager
Page 58 of 221 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Haha yeah I hope so. Someone might have given him the tap on the shoulder to say even if he does somehow manage to become a test standard number six (har), he needs to offer something more than the likes of Anderson, Munro and Neesham can promise.

Getting back the bowling that got him 79 wickets at 27 in test cricket would be a good start.

We've heard it all before though. Every season he smokes some poor county blokes with the ball and we get our hopes up, only for him to trundle in and average 40 in the Plunket Shield. It must be constantly overcast during the English summer or something.
    Can confirm that is indeed the case.

Have actually been reminiscing recently about Franklin's days as a good bowler. Don't really think there'll be any serious attempt to turn him back into one though. Having said that, while it's pretty obvious he just runs through the crease these days, I do think he can do a bit more than he currently does. What I'd like to see is him swinging the ball - haven't really seen him do this recently, and even if he trundles in at 125 km/h, it could still be useful in the right conditions.

U19 12th Man
    Haha yeah I hope so. Someone might have given him the tap on the shoulder to say even if he does somehow manage to become a test standard number six (har), he needs to offer something more than the likes of Anderson, Munro and Neesham can promise.

Getting back the bowling that got him 79 wickets at 27 in test cricket would be a good start.

We've heard it all before though. Every season he smokes some poor county blokes with the ball and we get our hopes up, only for him to trundle in and average 40 in the Plunket Shield. It must be constantly overcast during the English summer or something.
    that was on a good day last summer.

Vintage Franklin vs. Recent Franklin - YouTube

Tim Seifert, Peter Montgomery interview

Cricket: Knights struggling in Plunket Shield | Stuff.co.nz

wicketkeeper/batsman BJ Watling will be available for the next round and allrounder Daniel Vettori is eyeing the encounter as his first-class return from injury.
    Cricket: CD more comfortable now topping shield... | Stuff.co.nz

But it's Twenty20 cricket that's now on the agenda for the Stags, when they're hosted by ND in Hamilton on Friday. Star import Peter Trego might be in their lineup, although there's still some negotiation going on there.

The Somerset allrounder isn't officially due till next month, but could be on deck, Hunt said.

Black Caps allrounder Jacob Oram won't be, having made himself unavailable for personal reasons.
    Last edited by Kippax; 20-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

State Captain
    Personal reasons, ie he wants to play with his dog. And see his family. I could be wrong and if it's something wrong, I'd be embarrassed but that's the way it seems with him.

You know what - that's fine. No one can ever begrudge him that. But give the game up. You're contracted by NZC and part of that is making yourself available for your province. Otherwise you're just going through the motions to keep the pay rolling in.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Yes it's a long way from:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Oram, 2007, on playing in the upcoming ODI world cup
    "If it means cutting the finger off, if that's the last resort, I'll do that, there's no way I'm missing this,"
    to:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Oram, 2012, in response to the question "What's one thing about you that cricket fans generally don't know and might be surprised to learn?"
    "I'd probably rather be at home with my son, my family and my dog right now than touring the world playing cricket."
    Clearly his heart is not in it any more and so the right thing to do would be to retire.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Wellington are getting a bit smoked by these two. Brownlie wants to go join the collapse fest in Sri Lanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Well I jinxed Fulton...

School Boy/Girl Captain

That's exactly what it is. If it stops raining long enough to just be overcast!

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Cricket: Knights struggling in Plunket Shield | Stuff.co.nz

wicketkeeper/batsman BJ Watling will be available for the next round and allrounder Daniel Vettori is eyeing the encounter as his first-class return from injury.
    Great, was wondering when Vettori would be returning from injury. Although it will lead to endless debates again about his role in the side, it's a good problem to have.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Great, was wondering when Vettori would be returning from injury. Although it will lead to endless debates again about his role in the side, it's a good problem to have.
    He can't really replace jeets, given how poorly Vettori has bowled of late. But if he can return to his pre-2012 batting form, he's a lock for number 6. Deserves a few chances to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

With this century, Brownlie also passes 2000 career runs. Congrats.
    His record is starting to stack up.

"Wizards declaration bowling..."

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Just noticed this

old joke. keep up ****.

edit: what were you doing looking up grant elliott on the internet anyway?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Damn, went through all the effort of editing it as well.

So sad that he's only got 36 facebook likes, poor bloke must have no friends.

Thread Information