Page 56 of 221 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    3 sixes in an over, poor Johnston.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

See we're ingeniously getting Gillespie into "I'll do it all myself, with maybe an adventurous cbf innings from Ryder, thanks ****s" mode quite early this year, Wgtn's best mode of all. Got a few stumps flying in Rangiora last time, I still expect a modest first innings lead against these tipped-for-the-spoon shunts.

Nothing short of an All Stars look about Ellis, can only presume we'll bring him to his natural home one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Looks like Wheeler and Milne are bowling well. Ellis taking six wickets is laughable though.
    Gives neesham, wells, munro, boam something to aim for. You need to be better than this.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    100 run partnership between Gillespie and McKay.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Awww, Worker! A 100 for a No. 11 was right there ffs.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    5th V 6th. How cute.

But seriously how bad is that Canterbury attack, Nuttall looks a decent prospect but it's pretty trash.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    5th V 6th. How cute.

But seriously how bad is that Canterbury attack, Nuttall looks a decent prospect but it's pretty trash.
    Wellington have already won more games this season than ND will.

Haha, agree about the attack though. Really hope that it's a total green top, cause otherwise Jesus Christ.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Oh man I cannot wait to watch todays play.

Sodhi is also shaping up to be a really annoying lower order batsman isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    95 runs, should be enough

So happy to see Mitchell rack up a decent innings, he was insane for the Valley during the Hawke Cup last season, racked up a few 100's against some pretty handy attacks. Scored 120 odd not out against a Hamilton attack featuring Mathieson, Verma, Baker and Scott and his team struggled to make 200. Quality bat and a bloody decent bowling option.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Oh man I cannot wait to watch todays play.

Sodhi is also shaping up to be a really annoying lower order batsman isn't he?
    He's a more than handy batsman, batted No.3 for his club side in Auckland. I know that's not always the best guide but he can definitely play, and defensively/attacking as well.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Kippax, would I be able to request Cachopa and Brownlie tons plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    Right, so he probably had the option of playing for either. I'd suggest a swift change of allegiance before the next U19I games may be in order?
    The lad sounds better known outside N Z.

Didn't play in this year's ICC U19 World Cup for NZ.

But send him to Colombo urgently ! Has played there before for HK I see.

Chapman leads Hong Kong to maiden victory in Sri Lanka | Cricket News | Hong Kong | ESPN Cricinfo

HK were keen to have him last year

Boost for HK as Chapman confirms availability for Dubai tournament | Cricket News | Hong Kong | ESPN Cricinfo

He even gets interviewed when back in HK. Not bad at 16-17 years old.

http://hongkongca.sportzvault.com/fi...ayJuly2011.pdf

Keeping a low profile in NZ. Wise move.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.
    Don't hear much in NZ about these Associate teams. Or their ICC WCL competitions .Perception here is I guess they traditionally make up the numbers and get hammered at World Cup time.How would say Namibia or UAE go v FC sides in N Z like ND or Wellington in a 4 day game ? It would be a team of Amateurs V Pro's I assume.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippaah View Post
    Don't hear much in NZ about these Associate teams. Or their ICC WCL competitions .Perception here is I guess they traditionally make up the numbers and get hammered at World Cup time.How would say Namibia or UAE go v FC sides in N Z like ND or Wellington in a 4 day game ? It would be a team of Amateurs V Pro's I assume.
    Most of them are what we'd consider slightly sub-FC in standard really. I'd say the Dutch would be capable enough in shorter formats-they were actually looking like potential semi-finalists in the English CB40 this season before they got worked out a bit towards the end. I think they'd win the odd game but be second bottom at best in 4 day in New Zealand. Same goes for Scotland (who beat Bangladesh recently).

Namibia is a really interesting one in that they play in the SA semi-pro second tier (which is FC). They generally finish bottom but bloody a few noses, with their best 4 or 5 players delivering the sort of numbers that mark them out as good enough to be reasonable players in County or NZ domestic cricket. Again, I wouldn't see them anything other than bottom as they don't have the depth.

UAE are just the definition of inconsistency-they'll beat Afghanistan one game and lose to Nepal the next. Every so often Khuram Khan might win a game on his own, but he's a bit ancient now.

But if you were to pick an XI out of the slightly lower Associates, they'd give any domestic NZ side a good game. Nepal's best spinner wouldn't be far off Kiwi international honours..and I'd say most of the top 10 Associates sides would do really well in a 2nd XI competition. Chapman's in that "just under FC" level as a top HK performer-only that was almost 2 years ago when he was still a child!
    Last edited by Cricket CoachDB; 19-11-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Thread Information