• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I'd say the bowling attack is ok. Gillespie and Woakes are internationals.

But I'm assuming Outer Oval has gotten even smaller with concourse built for the main stadium redevelopment encroaching onto the former outfield.

Blain

U19 Captain
I agree on Anderson and Neesham, they certainly have the potential, but niether are scoring consistantly or getting regular wickets. They are still learning the ropes and need more time in domestic to be real options imo.

Munro 269, his FC average is over 55 now!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, yeah, it's probably worth remembering that the address of Eden Park Outer Oval is:

1 Road Rd, Roadington
Roadsville
Roadesia

Still a fantastic effort. Cachopa once again in the wickets.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
CD destroying Otago with the part-time bowling of Carl Cachopa and Jeet Raval :happy:. Tbf, before I saw Cachopa bowl I'd assumed he was a true part-timer - was impressed to see he runs in hard, has a nice action, is above dibbly dobbly pace and gets a bit of swing. And a bit of a golden-arm this season.

CD surely huge favourites for the Plunket Shield now - they look a good side even though their top 6 have been unusually suspect this season (exc Cachopa).

jcas0167

International Debutant
CD destroying Otago with the part-time bowling of Carl Cachopa and Jeet Raval :happy:. Tbf, before I saw Cachopa bowl I'd assumed he was a true part-timer - was impressed to see he runs in hard, has a nice action, is above dibbly dobbly pace and gets a bit of swing. And a bit of a golden-arm this season.

CD surely huge favourites for the Plunket Shield now - they look a good side even though their top 6 have been unusually suspect this season (exc Cachopa).
Cool, maybe he could come into the test side at no6?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL, that was the Roadesian innings I wanted from Vincent dammit. I'll never get back in the race now.

But I did get on the Stags at $3.75 during the week.

$5.50 for the one-day comp amazing value too, KvW to return, ND and Wgtn to lose their imports, Styris, Ryder, maybe Ronchi.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cool, maybe he could come into the test side at no6?
It's certainly tempting while we don't have Ryder and none of our other top 6 batsmen can bowl.

In the short term though you'd have to say Brownlie is a better batsman and also consider Vettori.

Cachopa may well play for NZ at some point and chances are he'll follow the path of Flynn, Brownlie etc - initial stint in the side is ultimately unsuccessful and, if he then improves, fixes some technical issues and matures further, may succeed second time round. So I wouldn't be opposed to him being in the side if a spot opens up, preferably at six to begin with.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Munro 269* - the watch has been updated. Didn't we say that everyone with a double gets a run for NZ at some point?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Domination. If Milne, Mathieson and Wheeler stay fit (and if none of them are selected for New Zealand) then CD will be tough to stop this year.

Love that, on form, Dougeh is probably the weakest of CD's young pace quartet, and even then, that's with Small out injured.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Our young pace options are going through the roof. We have the bunch of early 30 guys (Gillespie, Mckay, Mills, Martin, Aldridge, Arnel etc), then the young guns coming through who are now starting to press for their spots. CD have an insane young fast bowling squad.

Bracewell
Wheeler
Milne
Small
Mathieson

Would love to see that on a hard pitch.

Flem274*

123/5
Our young pace options are going through the roof. We have the bunch of early 30 guys (Gillespie, Mckay, Mills, Martin, Aldridge, Arnel etc), then the young guns coming through who are now starting to press for their spots. CD have an insane young fast bowling squad.

Bracewell
Wheeler
Milne
Small
Mathieson

Would love to see that on a hard pitch.
who bats 6/7?

we'll never see that team. nethula will play on everything bar a total greenie, and KNB is the skipper and will bowl.

we also like picking Lamb.

Blain

U19 Captain
Yeah I know, that's why I would love to see it ;)

In saying that it seems 4 of them have a bit of talent with the bat which will develop.

Howsie

International Captain
Andy Mathieson :wub:

I've said it before but he was easily good enough to be playing first class cricket three years ago, he just had zero support in the area. It was so frustrating having him on the sidelines (especially last season) while scrubs like Brandon Hiini were getting opportunities.