Page 54 of 221 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Wheater top scorer!!

Sadly, only with 53 runs and getting out to a Cachopa...
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quietly pleased with Upper hutt's premier div team - we won the game today. had to battle against dane hutchinson charging in.

Grade cricket in general is awesome to watch - the quality of the ball striking is terrific,
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Err don't be lumping English domestic cricket in with New Zealand. There are probably 2-3 awful teams, but just as many if not more who'd be a match for any domestic side out there.

The depth is pretty good considering the number of players involved.
    Read again and you'll see that I wasn't commenting in the slightest on the comparative standard in New Zealand and England; I was saying that a good Grade player who hasn't quite made it in Australia would be good enough to do OK in either. QED!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    Decent BBQs, as in he's a big guy? Definitely not the case. Mark Chapman is a lil fella, part Asian - has already played for Hong Kong I think? Bowls left-arm offies and very technically correct batsman.

I'd wondered where Chapman had disappeared to-he was one of Hong Kong's best players at a stupidly young age (several of his team-mates were old enough to be his dad..almost grandad!) but hasn't played for them since April 2011. I guess he's relocated, in which case he's got to be a future FC player. I hope he gets some "A" games this season.

International 12th Man
    I don't think he ever relocated - always been at King's College in Auckland as far as I'm aware. Just linked up with HK every now and then as a benefit to both parties.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I don't think he ever relocated - always been at King's College in Auckland as far as I'm aware. Just linked up with HK every now and then as a benefit to both parties.
    Right, so he probably had the option of playing for either. I'd suggest a swift change of allegiance before the next U19I games may be in order?

International 12th Man
    I can't imagine that would be a problem. Certainly if the bureaucrats got in the way of that it'd be the wrong thing to be doing

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Cricket: Brownlie determined to bounce back - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Wish Brownlie would score some bloody runs. I like the idea of him at six against SA a lot more than say Franklin, IF Brownlie is playing well. I guess he's had two centuries including the NZA match so I shouldn't complain, but everything other innings has been a failure.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    He could put his hand up to bat in the top 3 and avoid starting his innings against spin if he gets an opportunity there.

There's a lot of congestion in the middle order between players of similar quality (bar Ryder). Ryder will smoke his way back in eventually so you've got Flynn, Franklin and Brownlie all going for one spot with maybe Watling in there if van Wyk or de Boorder keep wicket. In an ideal world Vettori would be fighting for that spot as well but I suspect three pacers and Vettori will resume when he gets back because no one has the guts to tell him he isn't doing enough with the ball.

Add to that Williamson might get yo-yo'd down to six again so anyone willing to put their hand up for the top order only has to show they're better value than Guptill or Williamson (as a 3).
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    In other news someone has finally gotten Cachopa out before 100.

International Vice-Captain
    Who are the overseas players for the T20's when the Aussies go to Big Bash in a couple of weeks.No Azhar Mahmood.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    If you were ND, you'd be mad.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Nothing like a last wicket partnership to rub salt in the wounds! They're over 50 now-and just a few runs shy of ND's highest partnership. Seems that Smith has remembered how to bat as well as learning how to keep. Although I still don't understand why Cleaver isn't playing.

Gotta love Carl Cachopa..has a mediocre game with the bat for once? It's OK, he's already contributed by ripping out the ND top order with the ball. Strings to bows and all that.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Who are the overseas players for the T20's when the Aussies go to Big Bash in a couple of weeks.No Azhar Mahmood.
    Auckland got Phil Mustard instead. Wellington have Woakes and Tamim to replace their Aussies. Canterbury have Mitch Claydon again, CD have Peter Trego, Otago have Ryan ten Doeschate, ND have Foster and Croft.

Adam milne has only been dismissed twice in all his career so far.

Accross formats I make it 37 matches, 17 innings so far, 15 not outs.

New Zealand Cricket - Adam Milne

Watched kug on the pooch. I reckon he has changed his delivery action over winter, not jumping toward popping crease in delivery stride.

As someone said earlier, excellent slower ball. Along with his decent Yorkers I reckon he has a bright t20 future. Looked like he didn't quite land all of them, on another day would have been an impressive spell

Thread Information