• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Watched some Cachopa, short balls early on from Butler looked a bit ugly. So yeah, might be an issue there for him to work on,. He stll tonned up though ...

Blain

U19 Captain
Munro looks good for 150. He is another one sticking his hand up for the number 6 who can bowl spot.

Guptill
B Mac
Williamson
Taylor
Flynn
Munro/Brownlie/Franko/Cachopa
Watling +
Vettori
Bracewell
Southee
Boult

Maybe..

Also congrats to Craig Cachopa on his first ton, looked hopeless when he was with the Firebirds at the start of the year.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Eden Park is going to make heroes of plenty of batsmen and head cases of plenty of bowlers this season. It might also count against Auckland winning the Plunket Shield. They love playing there but Colin Munro Park might be a better option trophy-wise.

And I'm certain somewhere that old man Cachopa is cupping his testicles and telling anyone who will listen that 'this is where centuries come from'.

Flem274*

123/5
I doubt Auckland can win unless Wellington bat terribad. I just want to see how many runs Munro can score. At this rate 300 is on the cards if he doesn't run out of partners.

Flem274*

123/5
He's not going to get a call up any time soon and I realise this pitch is probably a road, but how do other peeps feel about Munro and how likely he would be to succeed in tests and ODIs?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, no switching off after reaching the milestone - the next two balls went for six.

Blain

U19 Captain
I have confidence in the selection panel now that Crowe and truner are involved, instead of a lawn bowler with pie charts. I would expect Crowe would be watching Munro bat and would be interested to hear his comments on him. 229 off 226 balls, against a solid bowling attack which includes an English and NZ international opening bowler.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Partnership 31 from 25. Mills has 1 off 10.

EDIT: Oh, and he's gone now for 1 off 11. His batting's really gone downhill.

Last edited:

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
I'd take Munro over Ellis.
Our lack of genuine ODI allrounder options is something that doesn't seem to get a lot of airtime but is a major problem when it comes to the make up of our batting lineup. We used to be swelling with medium-pace options; Harris, Cairns, Oram etc but we've gone through a pretty lean patch in recent years.

The fact that Ellis got anywhere near the blackcaps highlights this. Tama Canning, Colin De gramhoweveryouspellit etc can add to that list.

I'd take Munro over Ellis any day of the week, but he's still a weak option and there certainly doesnt seem to be many other options rising through the ranks.

Mike5181

International Captain
Our lack of genuine ODI allrounder options is something that doesn't seem to get a lot of airtime but is a major problem when it comes to the make up of our batting lineup. We used to be swelling with medium-pace options; Harris, Cairns, Oram etc but we've gone through a pretty lean patch in recent years.

The fact that Ellis got anywhere near the blackcaps highlights this. Tama Canning, Colin De gramhoweveryouspellit etc can add to that list.

I'd take Munro over Ellis any day of the week, but he's still a weak option and there certainly doesnt seem to be many other options rising through the ranks.
Jimmy Neesham is getting there in my opinion.

jcas0167

International Debutant

Maybe Corey Anderson now he's bowling again? A few years ago he looked to be a certainty for higher honours as a hard hitting all rounder.

As mentioned above - Jimmy Neesham.

Carl Cachopa? He showed some power hitting ability in the T20 on Friday, to go with his sequence of trophy hundreds, and seems to get a few wickets in the trophy matches. Not sure about his bowling stats in shorter form though.

I would have thought de Grandhomme would be next in line after Ellis and Franklin.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
247* from 242 with 12 sixes :blink: - that is quite some innings no matter who the bowling attack is or on what ground.