• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Blain

U19 Captain
Must be a flat track in the CD Otago game, Nethula a tonne and Milne 74*. Is Milne a bit of a gun batter? Has only been dismissed in first class cricket, and would average over 45 now. Sounds like a handy number 9 to have!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Milne on fire! Must be angry at missing out on a century.

Rutherford's scoring tailing off this season after a good start. I think NZ are destined to have Martin 'warm sick' Guptill opening for the next five years :happy:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, that is hilarious. Out for 97, then takes two wickets in his first over.

Can we arrange to have him get out agonisingly close to a milestone every time he bats?

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah Rutherford needed a big ton here to stake his claim to bugger off Guptill, but I don't think we'll be seeing too many big runs outside flat pitches with the quality of attacks on offer this season. Canterbury still have Henry and Bennett to return as well. Otago the only team lacking in firepower and they'll be getting Wagner back soon enough,:ph34r:

Vettori and Brownlie to open in testz!

Flem274*

123/5
I'd put $10 on Bennett never playing for NZ again. He's really injury prone and he's got competition so we'll gravitate towards the fitter bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
Milne wants to go to South Africa.

Get Mathieson on for the macho factor. Two 145kph mofos bowling for CD how can you resist skipper?:cool:

Howsie

International Captain
You have to take him afaic. Said it last week but you're kidding yourself if you believe either Martin or Wagner would be a better option.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
You have to take him afaic. Said it last week but you're kidding yourself if you believe either Martin or Wagner would be a better option.
I'd take him, definitely. Van Wyk needs replacing, so in comes Watling. If he gets injured, de Boorder should be the next guy to get a go if he's in some form. Nicol isn't as good as Brownlie in the first place so I'd add him to the squad. I doubt we'd run with a keeper/Astle 6/7 combo over in South Africa. If Ryder's not available, Brownlie's probably the best option there.

Martin Guptill
Brendon McCullum
Kane Williamson
Ross Taylor (c)
Jesse Ryder
Daniel Flynn
BJ Watling+
Doug Bracewell
Tim Southee
Jeetan Patel
Trent Boult

12.Dean Brownlie
13.Adam Milne
14.Neil Wagner
15.Todd Astle/de Boorder if we're taking a second keeper

Play Patel if the conditions suit, otherwise Milne gets a go.

Blain

U19 Captain
Good squad Mike, I agree fully. I think they will take Van Wyk as back up keeper though, I cant see south africa going for spinning pitches due to Tahirs performances.

Milne 5/30, Neesham gone for a golden. Damn! But good at the same time for Milne.