• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Both teams who won toss decided to bowl.

Welly need to hope it seams all game. 4 fast men, 2 seamers, plus part time seam from Ryder. O spinners ( unless Ryder bowls his off breaks). Houghton is 12th man, no Woodcock (who got 5-for in club cricket on Saturday). Think he had personal leave coming up, wedding? Something like that sounds familiar.

Blain

U19 Captain
I think he's just had his first kid.

Wellington line up looks wierd.. Boam batting 8? **** Elliott should be batting 8 if anywhere. Pace attach looks good though.

Hope Wheelers not too bad, must have more niggles.

Aces are such an old man team. Not imterested in many of their players tbh.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
The younger less established players were **** scared of him and fearful to make an error because Styris would jump down their throats..
Sounds like Coventry City goalkeeper Joe Murphy. Goes nuts whenever we concede, even if it's his fault. Saturday was a great example, and he topped it off with an "I'm an angry troll, grrrrr" jump-up-and-down stupidly tantrum. Although I was gutted to see my side concede a last minute equaliser, it made me laugh out loud!

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Paper down here saying Wells won't bowl at this stage.

Re: Duffy bowling loads, I imagine they'd planned for him to get a game off at some stage but he hasn't been bowling huge amounts of overs so far. Certainly nothing like the number a perpetually injured young Aussie quick bowled in one of his first FC games, which just happened to be the Sheffield Shield final.

Also - Soper has got How and Sinclair today. To go with Fulton and Worker in his first game. Has always had a knack for getting high quality players out.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Yeah. With Neesham having a good season with the ball,Otago have 4 good seam options per match. So not too much load on the bowlers. Plus Craig has bowled a lot if overs and got a lot of wickets so far.

Spinners in general getting plenty of overs and wickets in Plunket shield so far, not even Dec yet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I've seen on here a few times that Mathieson bowls 140+. Is this NZ domestic "140+" which means 135km/h with an occasional ball at 140km/h or is he genuinely really consistently quick?

Can see why Ryder would score runs against this Auckland attack - lots of 130km/h medium pace that relies on accuracy and just a little swing or nibble off the seam to get wickets. Breakfast for Jesse.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Houghton is 12th man
Good to hear he's still in the mix somewhere. Had a decent game on the weekend. A ton and 3-for. Still, it's very hard to read much into the Pearce Cup this year given they've diluted the standard somewhat. Good indications for those (like Woodcock, I think) who were playing Hazlett last year though.

Flem274*

123/5
I've seen on here a few times that Mathieson bowls 140+. Is this NZ domestic "140+" which means 135km/h with an occasional ball at 140km/h or is he genuinely really consistently quick?

Can see why Ryder would score runs against this Auckland attack - lots of 130km/h medium pace that relies on accuracy and just a little swing or nibble off the seam to get wickets. Breakfast for Jesse.
I've seen a small amount of Mathieson and I think Howsie has it right - the bloke would be terrifying when he gets it right. It's not just the similar looking pace to Milne, it's the bounce.

Howsie

International Captain
He's proper quick, 140+ most of the time I'd say. He was clocked at 150 last season while in Australia with a New Zealand academy squad.

Edit: Plus he's about 6'6 so as Flem said it's the bounce he gets to.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
this.

he looked good though. May have just been working on greater accuracy as the others are saying differently.

Last edited: