• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
CD continue to set the standard for **** fielding.

Milne really not looking that quick atm.

Flem274*

123/5
2nd Test starts Sunday doesn't it, will leave the password as it is for a while.
Nah no dramas, I'll just use that other way to watch when it's cricket time. Cheers for the offer though.:)

I also may have just deleted your message because I'm diligent like that/awesome at leaving inboxes open unattended.:ph34r:

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Journo writing that loves his long-windedness-and sponsors-doesn't he? I've never heard any of the team sponsors names before now. And I reckon Word would have told him "sentence fragment, consider revising" at least a few times in that article. Flows about as smoothly as a dustbin falling down a mountain! I reckon he was struggling to reach his word-count target :laugh:

My fave bit is possibly the utterly context-less and bewildering sentence:

"While Sinclair's Movember growth was "a beauty", Kain said he would have to up the tempo with the bat and keep wickets."

Genius :laugh:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've run into the bloke a couple of times, he is a different kettle of fish. The CD boys don't speak all that highly of him, that is for sure. And his daughter plays for the Hinds (?) so they get a bit more coverage than they're due as well

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope, 50 something Indian bloke. Talks in riddles, asks ridiculous questions, marries it all up in his writing. Saved in all CD phones as DONOTANSWER

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No, think Straw Man tipped a 'nothing's changed' domestic season and I think he's proven more right than he knew. Probably on course for the most pre-Xmas runs ever, with the return of Fulton and Papps to the top of the charts like we're back in 2004
Ha yes, though I was more picking Sinclair and Arnel to dominate rather than a resurgence for Fulton, Papps and Redmond.

That 2004 top scorers list is very interesting... and full of disappointment.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
May I ask why?
Apart from being a rhyme, it was also true. The younger less established players were **** scared of him and fearful to make an error because Styris would jump down their throats. They certainly didn't feel supported, coached or even valued.

In fact one player's request to take a day off training last week, after a pretty solid start to the season, was met by one of the coaching staff saying 'don't be a Styris'.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Trego in for CD, Young looks like being 12th man.

Seamers are Milne, Mathiesen, Lamb. No Wheeler, is this rotation? Or a niggle?
Probably sensible teaming an old pro with those two at this stage anyway.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
and Wells is back already for Otago, I thought he was out for quite a while? Looks like will bat 5. No rotation at Otago with no Wagner available and I assume McMillan injured. Quite a big early season workload for young Duffy, teamed with another greenhorn again (Soper).

I wonder if Wells will bowl