• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
That is the most atrocious piece of writing I've ever read, I don't need to narrow it down to just this week.
That Anendra Singh guy does have an infuriatingly provincial style and is ****ing hard to read. Marty Kain's action and a mustachioed, wicket-keeping Sinclair tomorrow night won't do anything to stem the Hills Have Eyes taunts we associate with Central Districts either. :laugh:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can bowl a doosra pretty competently but I clearly chuck it. Can I play? Sinclair's not gonna call me out on it after all; he loves me too much.

Flametree

International 12th Man
So Peter Fulton seems to be having a pretty decent season this year? I have seen zero minutes of actual cricket so far this year, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Any thoughts that he might be worth a (third, or is it fourth?) try in the national side?

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think Fulton should play for NZ again unless he shows changes in his game and has a truckload of runs behind him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He's nearly 34, which is a bit old for a return, even for my tastes. Also, if he was even to come anywhere near the selector's attention, he'd need to have to keep up his current form pretty much all season.

Still, I quite liked Fulton. Tall, good off the back foot, powerful through the leg side, seemed to have most of the tools necessary, even if his footwork was always a little suspect.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Hadn't realised he was quite that old. We turned over so many batsmen in the previous decade... Bell, Papps, Fulton, Howe, Cumming, Redmond, Marshall J, etc, plus a few others in ODIs. Not to mention Sinclair of course.

Quite a few of them did go back to first class cricket and score a few runs though no-one really racked up the numbers Fulton seems to be accumulating this season.

I just want one of them to come back like a Hayden/Langer/Martyn and take a second chance. Flynn is looking a possibility at present but he'd better start converting those 40s and 50s into 130's pretty soon.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Fulton should play for NZ again unless he shows changes in his game and has a truckload of runs behind him.
No, think Straw Man tipped a 'nothing's changed' domestic season and I think he's proven more right than he knew. Probably on course for the most pre-Xmas runs ever, with the return of Fulton and Papps to the top of the charts like we're back in 2004, plus the continued emergence of Cachopa. All three pretty ungainly tstl against a quick short ball and lovers of a slow and low east coast venue. Cachopa vs. Short Stuff - YouTube

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Small playing for Manawatu at the Hutt Rec this weekend. Flat-out doesn't make the T20 side at the moment though apparently, Milne-Wheeler-Trego-Nethula-Kain or Patel-KNB-Cachopa.

Flem274*

123/5
Cachopa isn't a bad player tbf, and with Milne and Mathieson bowling to him in the nets he has the opportunity that not many NZ batsmen get to work on his problem against two of the fastest blokes in the country.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I do like the fact you can visibly see he's trying to run a much tighter ship than almost anyone, strong on the cut but highly suspect on the pull, flinching when confronted by Ellis bouncers just isn't on. Not by a long chalk.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ellis managed to bounce De Villiers (?) out tbf iirc. Can get a bit of rise from the surface. But yeah, Cachopa clearly much prefers it in his half.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
A NZ domestic speedgun! Kippax had to lobby Richardson's lust for genu-wine pace on Twitter to get this done, cool though.