Page 46 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Blair Soper and Nick Beard in for Otago tomorrow. Wells a hamstring injury, out for 4-6 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Auckland really hurting ND with this 7th wicket partnership between Craig Cachopa and Bruce Martin - 147 now and 89 run lead. Not good for my prediction of ND winning the Plunket Shield again.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    How's he going? He's been in my Database for over a year based on a few things I read about him. Rumour back then was that he was undecided between hockey and cricket for a career-I take it he's made the smart choice and chosen cricket. He certainly had a great U18 season last year-should have made the U19WC based on that IMO.
    He's been training with the ND squad all off-season and played in all their warm up games before the season started. Liked his view from behind the stumps when Ryder whacked that 40 ball 100 against ND a month ago apparently

I think the plan with him his to allow for some more growth before throwing him into the deep end, hence the Wheater signing. Let him play some more association cricket, ND "A" etc and bring him into the mix next season. He's still at school at the moment but he's been part of the ND set up for about two years now, massive future in the game. Scored a ton of runs at school and has been talked up since he was about 13 years old.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Auckland really hurting ND with this 7th wicket partnership between Craig Cachopa and Bruce Martin - 147 now and 89 run lead. Not good for my prediction of ND winning the Plunket Shield again.
    Paying the price for not having a Andy Mathieson type to call on IMO. With Anderson and Mitchell in the squad someone like Baker is probably a little redundant. Five bowlers who all bowl around that 130-135 mark.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    How's Wheater been keeping, Howsie? I've not seen him keep for Essex before.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Looked sharp from what I saw during Otago's first innings last week, mind you he didn't have that much work to do. Impressed a few people keeping to Sodhi in that second innings though apparently.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Seems to have picked up a decent number of dismissals already - including a few in the first couple of overs, which is usually a good sign. I'll be hoping he's in the team when ND come down to Wellington for the Plunket Shield.

VOLTS VISION EP 1: Aaron Redmond and Blair Soper - YouTube

Oh ffs, accept no substitutes this summer. Two separate attempts on Franklin's identity now by the Volts.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    He's been training with the ND squad all off-season and played in all their warm up games before the season started. Liked his view from behind the stumps when Ryder whacked that 40 ball 100 against ND a month ago apparently

I think the plan with him his to allow for some more growth before throwing him into the deep end, hence the Wheater signing. Let him play some more association cricket, ND "A" etc and bring him into the mix next season. He's still at school at the moment but he's been part of the ND set up for about two years now, massive future in the game. Scored a ton of runs at school and has been talked up since he was about 13 years old.
    It's fantastic to hear that he's been involved with the first team. It was a real thrill to see how he did at U18 level as it put some stats at a higher level on top what had before been just a few whispers and school scorecards. So often there's a buzz about a young kid, only for them to disappear-you only have to think about how much any person changes between the ages of 13 and 19!

Agreed that it does make sense to not rush him whilst giving him a taste in "A" cricket. That said, if he was Sri Lankan he'd probably have made the WC T20...

School Boy/Girl Captain
    OK so if his batting played a part in Astle's international call-up, it's a card that Martin can lay on the table now too!

Duffy not getting many overs, has he picked up an injury? Or bowling pies?

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    This could be the best season in ages for the Wellington Ryderbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Watched Karori Prems against I think Wainui on the pitch next to me.

Karori have Boam, Murdoch, and McKay. Karori scored 380 in 50 overs.

Incredible. Boam 110. Murdoch 150.

I watched Murdoch build his inning. Very cicumspect at first. He faced many maidens against a bowler who I personally felt I could have played some attacking strokes to. Instead he kept it ticking over off the other bowlers. Then with 15-20 overs to go they cut loose.

Massive 6s and 4s everywhere. But he built his inning and looked classy playing in grade cricket.

CricHQ | Matches

In Wainui's chase - some poor mongrel was facing McKay who bowled him a no ball. So on the free hit delivery McKay just bent his back and bowled a bouncer and the batsman wanted no part of it.
    pretty good write up in the Dom about their partnership. Also some snippets about Boam's development of his game in off season. Sounds similar to Franklin a few years ago. Too correct, learning to smash 6s in this t20 world we live in .....

Which served him well on Fri night in a typical under-used Wellington appearance. DNB and DNB.

Kugs also got a club ton
    Last edited by Immenso; 11-11-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Badenhorst (who I think Hurricane liked in the A-Z) 10/14 against Taranaki on Saturday.

Small played but was the dud sadly with 1/34, Mason 9/51.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha that Taranaki top order is pretty handy too; fair effort.
    ~ Cribbage

Thread Information