Cricket Player Manager
Page 44 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Cricket should not be played at the ****ing Westpac Stadium. **** off you ****stains.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Cricket should not be played at the ****ing Westpac Stadium. **** off you ****stains.
    What's the reasoning for having games there anyway? The Basin is such a beautiful cricket ground; it boggles the mind that they'd play anywhere else if it was available. Are they playing something else there today or something?
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    What's the reasoning for having games there anyway? The Basin is such a beautiful cricket ground; it boggles the mind that they'd play anywhere else if it was available. Are they playing something else there today or something?
    The theory is they'll make more money as guys will go to the stadium after work on a Friday. There's not a cat in hell's chance of the Basin ever getting lights, so we have this ****ing farce. The turnout is ****, the ground is ****, the facilities are **** (guaranteed the majority of outlets in the stadium aren't open) its ********. Cricket wellington are ********. This is a joke.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    I havn't seen the published reasons PEWS. But it is way better for public transport.

Peeps like myself are more likely to go.
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

The only legit reason I'll accept is that they've done it to deliberately troll me.

The theory is they'll make more money as guys will go to the stadium after work on a Friday. There's not a cat in hell's chance of the Basin ever getting lights, so we have this ****ing farce. The turnout is ****, the ground is ****, the facilities are **** (guaranteed the majority of outlets in the stadium aren't open) its ********. Cricket wellington are ********. This is a joke.
    Ahh, well that vaguely makes sense I guess. Still must be bloody annoying though. Is Westpac Stadium the Cake Tin? Where they play the odd NRL game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I havn't seen the published reasons PEWS. But it is way better for public transport.

Peeps like myself are more likely to go.
    If you can't walk the 20 minutes to the Basin or catch the five minutely buses from train station to Basin, then I'm flabbergasted. The Basin is ideal for cricket. Laze on the bank with a beer or two and not be harassed by steward ****s. If you think this farce is good for cricket, then... Well... I'm lost for words.

Ahh, well that vaguely makes sense I guess. Still must be bloody annoying though. Is Westpac Stadium the Cake Tin? Where they play the odd NRL game?
    Yeah. Not sure they've played Nrl there for some time though?

The only legit reason I'll accept is that they've done it to deliberately troll me.
    As long as I get my yearly test at the basin I am happy. Such a fantastic ground for that.

Actually I speak to soon - if we go to day night cricket tests - then the basin may lose those too...

Yeah. Not sure they've played Nrl there for some time though?
    Yeah not for ages I don't think but I was just trying to figure out if I knew the ground. It'd be terrible for cricket IMO, although probably still not quite as bad as ANZ Homebush.

If you can't walk the 20 minutes to the Basin or catch the five minutely buses from train station to Basin, then I'm flabbergasted. The Basin is ideal for cricket. Laze on the bank with a beer or two and not be harassed by steward ****s. If you think this farce is good for cricket, then... Well... I'm lost for words.
    Try 35 minute walk.

Look I already said it was classic for tests. No doubt the basin is a better experience. I just reckon the logistics of the cake tin are better.

They have a choice about appealing to their classic test match fan - or the more casual fan. And they have obviously done some market analysis.

Hah, flick it on and hear idiots talking 'three provinces could form a syndicate, get Gayle' drivel and a Toytown straight hit.

Cricket Wgtn really nothing to do with this, presumably the attraction for Sky to actually buy the domestic rights was they can demand 7pm Friday night starts, the very week their rugby runs dry.
    Last edited by Kippax; 09-11-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

I dig this Johnston guy's release and grip on his off spinner. Love him going around the wicket too.

Tv reasons. 5 weeks of Friday nightt games, then the block around Xmas.
    Also diversifies the financial risk a little, like ND getting decimated at mt maunganui last season by a single weather system.

Caketin is fine as a cricket field. Bigger than seddon park. But they have brought in the straight boundary 30 meters.!
    But obviously Basin is better from a sunny day and grass bank POV, but it is out of action at the moment anyway being relaid. But with only 3 venues with lights, the caketin was always going to be used during this friday night sequence even if basin was available.

Just to make clear. I am very happy with this scheduling. No problem with caketin(will still be games at basin around Xmas). I am just insulted by the artificial kindy size straight boundary. I wont be going next week.
    Last edited by Immenso; 09-11-2012 at 02:01 AM.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Ryder looking more than a little rusty out there. Still he seems to be missing the right balls and middling enough to still score at 10 rpo.
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Thread Information