• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Haha yeah I hope so. Someone might have given him the tap on the shoulder to say even if he does somehow manage to become a test standard number six (har), he needs to offer something more than the likes of Anderson, Munro and Neesham can promise.

Getting back the bowling that got him 79 wickets at 27 in test cricket would be a good start.

We've heard it all before though. Every season he smokes some poor county blokes with the ball and we get our hopes up, only for him to trundle in and average 40 in the Plunket Shield. It must be constantly overcast during the English summer or something.

That's exactly what it is. If it stops raining long enough to just be overcast!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great, was wondering when Vettori would be returning from injury. Although it will lead to endless debates again about his role in the side, it's a good problem to have.
He can't really replace jeets, given how poorly Vettori has bowled of late. But if he can return to his pre-2012 batting form, he's a lock for number 6. Deserves a few chances to do so.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
With this century, Brownlie also passes 2000 career runs. Congrats.
His record is starting to stack up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn, went through all the effort of editing it as well.

So sad that he's only got 36 facebook likes, poor bloke must have no friends.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, after the drought comes the deluge for Fulton, closing in on his 3rd hundred in 4 innings for Canty.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Time ticking down on Gillespie tbh, presume his 4/74 was nothing too special. Not sure if you reserve a spot on him for SA on the basis of his vs. Proteas record or not, if the alternative is Wagner I suppose you do. Hopefully they don't name the Test squad about a month too early again with the LO leg coming first.

McKay out for a couple of weeks with a side strain.

Last edited:

Immenso

I think the SA tour goes T20, tests, odi's.

Tough one to manage logistically. It is the first test (boxing day) that has been turned into t20 at last minute(ish), hence strange schedule.

If we weren't so ****, prepared ourselves properly, we wouldn't be such a repulsive drawcard for our hosts.

Immenso

I'd definitely like gillespie on the tour, but only if fit, with overs under his belt, and on form. There's still 2 more pre Xmas games to go at least. Doesn't strike me as a good addition if things aren't quite riight.

With Bracewell's patchy form, it would be handy if he finds his mojo.