• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Good opportunity for Ronchi to show everyone that he's not a useless shunt.

Woodcock to save us!!!

Not Woodcock, then! Ronchi or a back-from-the-dead knock by Elliott?

As I write the scores are 52/5 and 97/5.Not quite sure who the hero's going to be for ND.

Interesting to see Hira named 12th man for Canterbury; that would have been his first FC appearance since March 2008! I assumed he just didn't do FC..

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
See we're ingeniously getting Gillespie into "I'll do it all myself, with maybe an adventurous cbf innings from Ryder, thanks ****s" mode quite early this year, Wgtn's best mode of all. Got a few stumps flying in Rangiora last time, I still expect a modest first innings lead against these tipped-for-the-spoon shunts.

Nothing short of an All Stars look about Ellis, can only presume we'll bring him to his natural home one day.

Howsie

International Captain
5th V 6th. How cute.

But seriously how bad is that Canterbury attack, Nuttall looks a decent prospect but it's pretty trash.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
5th V 6th. How cute.

But seriously how bad is that Canterbury attack, Nuttall looks a decent prospect but it's pretty trash.
Wellington have already won more games this season than ND will. :p

Haha, agree about the attack though. Really hope that it's a total green top, cause otherwise Jesus Christ.

Flem274*

123/5
Oh man I cannot wait to watch todays play.

Sodhi is also shaping up to be a really annoying lower order batsman isn't he?

Howsie

International Captain
95 runs, should be enough :ph34r:

So happy to see Mitchell rack up a decent innings, he was insane for the Valley during the Hawke Cup last season, racked up a few 100's against some pretty handy attacks. Scored 120 odd not out against a Hamilton attack featuring Mathieson, Verma, Baker and Scott and his team struggled to make 200. Quality bat and a bloody decent bowling option.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man I cannot wait to watch todays play.

Sodhi is also shaping up to be a really annoying lower order batsman isn't he?
He's a more than handy batsman, batted No.3 for his club side in Auckland. I know that's not always the best guide but he can definitely play, and defensively/attacking as well.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Right, so he probably had the option of playing for either. I'd suggest a swift change of allegiance before the next U19I games may be in order?
The lad sounds better known outside N Z.

Didn't play in this year's ICC U19 World Cup for NZ.

But send him to Colombo urgently ! :) Has played there before for HK I see.

Chapman leads Hong Kong to maiden victory in Sri Lanka | Cricket News | Hong Kong | ESPN Cricinfo

HK were keen to have him last year

Boost for HK as Chapman confirms availability for Dubai tournament | Cricket News | Hong Kong | ESPN Cricinfo

He even gets interviewed when back in HK. Not bad at 16-17 years old.

http://hongkongca.sportzvault.com/files/36350/files/Power Play/PowerPlayJuly2011.pdf

Keeping a low profile in NZ. Wise move.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.
Don't hear much in NZ about these Associate teams. Or their ICC WCL competitions .Perception here is I guess they traditionally make up the numbers and get hammered at World Cup time.How would say Namibia or UAE go v FC sides in N Z like ND or Wellington in a 4 day game ? It would be a team of Amateurs V Pro's I assume.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Don't hear much in NZ about these Associate teams. Or their ICC WCL competitions .Perception here is I guess they traditionally make up the numbers and get hammered at World Cup time.How would say Namibia or UAE go v FC sides in N Z like ND or Wellington in a 4 day game ? It would be a team of Amateurs V Pro's I assume.
Most of them are what we'd consider slightly sub-FC in standard really. I'd say the Dutch would be capable enough in shorter formats-they were actually looking like potential semi-finalists in the English CB40 this season before they got worked out a bit towards the end. I think they'd win the odd game but be second bottom at best in 4 day in New Zealand. Same goes for Scotland (who beat Bangladesh recently).

Namibia is a really interesting one in that they play in the SA semi-pro second tier (which is FC). They generally finish bottom but bloody a few noses, with their best 4 or 5 players delivering the sort of numbers that mark them out as good enough to be reasonable players in County or NZ domestic cricket. Again, I wouldn't see them anything other than bottom as they don't have the depth.

UAE are just the definition of inconsistency-they'll beat Afghanistan one game and lose to Nepal the next. Every so often Khuram Khan might win a game on his own, but he's a bit ancient now.

But if you were to pick an XI out of the slightly lower Associates, they'd give any domestic NZ side a good game. Nepal's best spinner wouldn't be far off Kiwi international honours..and I'd say most of the top 10 Associates sides would do really well in a 2nd XI competition. Chapman's in that "just under FC" level as a top HK performer-only that was almost 2 years ago when he was still a child!

Last edited: