Cricket Player Manager
Page 41 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    100 for flynn
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    Is this really just for two games as it implies? New Zealand Cricket - Tait, Borgas join the Firebirds

Like...why bother?
    I think a lot of these smash and grab overseas signings are made with the Champions League in mind. If Wellington qualify but the Strikers and Thunder don't then they'll be able to play the whole CL for them. Getting anywhere in that competition would be such a massive windfall for a New Zealand domestic side that they figure it's worth some cheeky medium-term investment.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 05-11-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Ah, cunning, the "one game so he's eligible" situation.

Looks like CD are set fair for an innings win. Every time I refresh the scorecard another wicket falls. It'll be time for Colin to come in and drop anchor soon..

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Century for Anderson!

Northern now rapidly moving towards an unassailable position.
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Lost some love for Anderson when he ditched Canterbury without telling them after being contracted and injurred for 2 seasons.. Hopefully he can get some consistancey for once and become the force we know he can be.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Century for Anderson!

Northern now rapidly moving towards an unassailable position.
    and sets it up for Sodhi to have a long spell tomorrow, with an attacking field.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Lost some love for Anderson when he ditched Canterbury without telling them after being contracted and injurred for 2 seasons
    Don't know this story - dish the dirt?

Also - are you the 'Blain' who's on Fromthepavilion?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    “The Hell Wellington Firebirds has nothing short of an All Stars look about it, with Tait and Borgas joining the likes of Ryder, Gillespie, McKay, Elliott, Woodcock, and Ronchi. The team is primed and ready, and we’re looking for some great local support to really get the HRV Cup season underway in style” said Clinton."

Yep - Grant Elliott, Andy McKay and Luke Woodcock make me think of an All Stars side.

As an aside, the advertising around Wellington for the HRV Cup features Andy McKay... Batting...

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    “The Hell Wellington Firebirds has nothing short of an All Stars look about it, with Tait and Borgas joining the likes of Ryder, Gillespie, McKay, Elliott, Woodcock, and Ronchi. The team is primed and ready, and we’re looking for some great local support to really get the HRV Cup season underway in style” said Clinton."

Yep - Grant Elliott, Andy McKay and Luke Woodcock make me think of an All Stars side.

As an aside, the advertising around Wellington for the HRV Cup features Andy McKay... Batting...
    Hah, yeah I noticed that too!

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say whoever was contracted to do the marketing for Wellington Cricket isn't the biggest follower of the sport...

Some queries?

Apart from Sodhi,Will Young and Duffy are there any seriously decent youngsters around in NZ ? The best seem to be pinched by Rugby.What happened to Simon Hickey who won back to back NZC Young Cricketer Awards in 2010 and 2011? Now in the Auckland ITM squad.M. Collins of Otago is another.

When is the 2012 Gillette Cup and which schools are in it ? No news on the NZC website !

What funding does NZC receive annually from ICC? And how many $$ does NZC dedicate to youth pathways a la the Warriors and NZ Rugby ? When did NZ last have a young cricketer at Lords like Ross Taylor?

Any answers?

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Domination

Although it must be said Otago's bowling attack was pretty toothless today, a lot of freebies on offer. Anderson was brillant though, he just has so much time.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DG Brownlie, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Don't know this story - dish the dirt?

Also - are you the 'Blain' who's on Fromthepavilion?
    Cricket boss bowled by Anderson's decision | Stuff.co.nz

Thought he would have repaid a little bit of faith put into him by Canterbury Cricket, thats all.

Sure am mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippaah View Post
    Some queries?

Apart from Sodhi,Will Young and Duffy are there any seriously decent youngsters around in NZ ? The best seem to be pinched by Rugby.What happened to Simon Hickey who won back to back NZC Young Cricketer Awards in 2010 and 2011? Now in the Auckland ITM squad.M. Collins of Otago is another.

When is the 2012 Gillette Cup and which schools are in it ? No news on the NZC website !

What funding does NZC receive annually from ICC? And how many $$ does NZC dedicate to youth pathways a la the Warriors and NZ Rugby ? When did NZ last have a young cricketer at Lords like Ross Taylor?

Any answers?
    Gillette Cup is early December at Lincoln, probably won't be a release though until all finalists have been found. Hutt Valley High for Wgtn, King's for Auckland, Chch Boys High are in. Official site was actually quite good to it last year after they brought the tournament to Lincoln
    New Zealand Cricket - Follow Gillette Cup live on blackcaps.co.nz

Henry Nicholls was the most recent young cricketer to Lord's, Tim Johnston before that in 2010.
    Henry Nicholls - 2012 Young Cricketers - MCC Young Cricketers - MCC - Lord's
    Tim Johnston - 2010 Player Profiles - MCC Young Cricketers - MCC - Lord's
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Hah, yeah I noticed that too!

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say whoever was contracted to do the marketing for Wellington Cricket isn't the biggest follower of the sport...
    Haha I saw these last weekend too...but no, nothing to do with Wellington's marketing gurus. The shots were taken at Lincoln during the NZ A series. They pulled one player each from the provinces and did their shots in bowling and batting. There was a suggestion from A.McKay that it would make a mockery of it with him batting but that's the way they went.

Thread Information