Page 37 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    A tour of SA would be a pretty tough re-introduction to international cricket. Ryder may want to avoid such a stiff challenge until he's had more than 4 PS matches under his belt.

Ryder rushed his return to the national side last year, and as a result we lost him for a year. I don't mind him taking a more cautious approach this time.

On a side note, does it strike anyone as curious scheduling that Wellington won't play another PS match for nearly 3 weeks?
    Last edited by Bahnz; 31-10-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    We'll see. If he continues to make a bag full of runs, I can't see why waiting until England arrives makes a lick of difference. But they may decide it does
    Agree it's a bit of jumping through arbitrary hoops. Maybe slow and steady will do the trick but we'll just have to wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    On a side note, does it strike anyone as curious scheduling that Wellington won't play another PS match for nearly 3 weeks?
    A bit like an east coast swing on a pro golf tour, seems they're making more of a conscious effort to not lose the integrity of four-day games to a day of bad weather now. Also reins back the success of 120kph men pre-Christmas perhaps, like bugs getting into the pie ingredients.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Agree it's a bit of jumping through arbitrary hoops. Maybe slow and steady will do the trick but we'll just have to wait to find out.
    My team mate claimed he heard a radio interview saying that Ryder wanted to call the shots and wasn't interested in returning straight away.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

I'm keen for Ryder to get consistancey in the domestic stuff before being rushed back. Give him until Xmas and access then. It could be the making or breaking of him, so take it slow and let him do his own thing imo.

I see the Firebirds have signed Tait for a couple games. I'll be there to watch him!!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    My team mate claimed he heard a radio interview saying that Ryder wanted to call the shots and wasn't interested in returning straight away.
    That's exactly the vibe I'm picking up: it's not that the selectors aren't considering him, it's that Ryder wants to come back when he feels ready. Or as Siddons says, "My gut feeling is: don't ask him yet". I think he's taking it one step at a time. Just 'cos his season has started blindingly well, no need to rush into anything.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Did anyone actually watch the T20 tonight? It's funny how few ****s are given about that stuff generally.

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Yeah I went and watched it, pretty tame really, especially with how Otago went about chasing it.

Just a couple of things. Awesome to see Corey Anderson with ball in hand, albeit looking like he was in about second gear, great signs. And secondly, the sooner Jimmy Neesham is playing international cricket the better. Serious ability that kid, the best striker of a cricket ball in the country IMO. Decent bowler too, looks no slower than the likes or Duffy and Butler live.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Brad Wilson (captain), Joseph Yovich, Daniel Flynn, James Marshall, Anton Devcich, Daryl Mitchell, Corey Anderson, Adam Wheater, Ish Sodhi, Tony Goodin, Brent Arnel, James Baker.

Wow, Tony Goodin. That is a blast from the past. He would open the bowling with Trent Boult during the age group years and would absolutely dominate, he would make Boult look pedestrian as hell. He was the type of bowler where at 15 years old we would all speculate that he must be at least 140K (he obvs wasn't) because he was that much faster then anyone else. I noticed he was back for Bay of Plenty last season but before that last I'd heard he was in Western Australia working in the mines while being in and around the WA setup. Interested to see how he goes.

Neesham Compilation - YouTube
    Yeah I'd have New Jimmeh batting a bit higher in that Otago side to help get him there. Michael Bracewell may have a good FC campaign but never looks to have a 60 off 40 in him tbh.

Three players will debut for the Knights. Tony Goodin is a medium fast bowler from BOP who came through ND age group teams and player development programmes before moving to live in Australia. Since his return to NZ he has been a consistent wicket taker for BOP in District Association Cricket. He gets his opportunity with Graeme Aldridge on a limited bowling workload as he recovers from off season surgery and with Anurag Verma attending University exams.
    Cricket: Globetrotter changes tempo - Cricket - NZ Herald News

CD: Kieran Noema-Barnett (c), Jamie How, Jeet Raval, Carl Cachopa, Mathew Sinclair, Kruger van Wyk, Doug Bracewell, Will Young, Andrew Lamb, Tarun Nethula, Andrew Mathieson, Ben Wheeler.

Auckland: Gareth Hopkins (c), Tim McIntosh, Lou Vincent, Reece Young, Anaru Kitchen, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro, Bhupinder Singh, Bruce Martin, Michael Bates, Mitchell McClenaghan, Chris Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Did anyone actually watch the T20 tonight? It's funny how few ****s are given about that stuff generally.
    Didn't care about the result, but good to see the DUFFMAN in action.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    omg Lou's first FC game in ages! he can go back in my XI now...
    Last edited by NZTailender; 02-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Neesham Compilation - YouTube
    Yeah I'd have New Jimmeh batting a bit higher in that Otago side to help get him there. Michael Bracewell may have a good FC campaign but never looks to have a 60 off 40 in him tbh.

Lovin it. Very similar in style to Ben Stokes, who I watched for England U19s a couple of years back. Just seemed to be caressing a few of these big hits - very effortless.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Loved the pull off McKay. The leg side flicks for six remind me of the Old Jimmeh.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Prefer Jimmy Snr myself.

Thread Information