Page 35 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International 12th Man
    I might just take a break from posting and pretending I know arse from elbow for a while...

In my defence, I did remember Crowe said something. That's not bad.

That retraction sounds very much like he was put up to it by SKY - ie Mexted being cut down for making critical comments about their product. He's gone from brickbats at Redmond to bouquets for every single man involved in the squad. And how I know it's fluff is that even Justin Vaughan gets a tick. And he's a dick.
    Last edited by SteveNZ; 30-10-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I might just take a break from posting and pretending I know arse from elbow for a while...

In my defence, I did remember Crowe said something. That's not bad.

That retraction sounds very much like he was put up to it by SKY - ie Mexted being cut down for making critical comments about their product. He's gone from brickbats at Redmond to bouquets for every single man involved in the squad. And how I know it's fluff is that even Justin Vaughan gets a tick. And he's a dick.
    I think part of his criticism of Redmond stemmed from the fact that he really rated McIntosh, who was his eventual replacement. Crowe was very keen for that change and worked as McIntosh's batting coach for a little while too.

That said, while Redmond was perhaps unlucky to be dropped, he was luckier to be selected in the first place IMO. I don't think he's ever been one of the best two openers in New Zealand. He got dropped from the Plunket Shield at one point last season didn't he? Staggering fall from grace, twin tons this week not withstanding.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International 12th Man
    Yeah, agreed on both. Crowe saw McIntosh as a pure Test opener and wanted him in. Obviously had a vested interest as well, some would say, but could also be said he knew of his talents and ability to occupy the crease.

I think we can all agree Redmond wasn't a long-term Test opener, even if it did seem harsh when he was dropped. Cumming, with the right assistance, I believe could have been.

Nothing new on the pooch, so watched some of hutchisons first innings overs. Bowled well to raval, in fact had him at first slip off a no ball, also trouble cachopa early with quite a few french cuts.
    Looks like he moves it away from lefties and into righties.

Andrew Mathieson, Stags Debut - YouTube There you go Howsie. In return I want you at Seddon Park with a camera this evening to get me a few clips of Sodhi trick-or-treating CdG and Munro. Tricking I suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Just to recap, Tastle put in the shade with the ball by Johnston, Jeets eclipsed as a threat by Woodcock, Kruger the one getting out to Woodcock, Bracewell wicketless...

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    but hey, both Tastle and Bracewell scored runs

Domestic cricket too easy for Jesse Ryder

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Tbf, when he's in touch Ryder makes international cricket look too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Tbf, when he's in touch Ryder makes international cricket look too easy.
    Yeah, I don't see why he can't average 45+ in test cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why he can't average 45+ in test cricket.
    Besides the obvious you mean. Anyway, BFJ brings up a ton at quicker than a run a ball for the second time in the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Besides the obvious you mean. Anyway, BFJ brings up a ton at quicker than a run a ball for the second time in the match.
    He bowled 23 overs in the match as well.

Central need to get Ryder out now. 45 overs left and 170 needed. If Ryder stays, Wellington should win easy.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    It was somewhat inevitable but Ryder's form will present a dilemma fairly soon. Either:

- Put him back in the NZ team soon (SA tour) - risk that he hasn't 'done the time', may not have sufficiently demonstrated that he really wants to be part of NZ team, only back in because BCs need him and may contribute to attitude that he can do whatever the hell he feels like.

- Leave him in domestix for most or all of the season - risk that he finds it far too easy to slap around domestic bowlers, loses the mindset required to tough it out against better bowlers, and develops technical flaws or shortcuts that will be exposed at higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    It was somewhat inevitable but Ryder's form will present a dilemma fairly soon. Either:

- Put him back in the NZ team soon (SA tour) - risk that he hasn't 'done the time', may not have sufficiently demonstrated that he really wants to be part of NZ team, only back in because BCs need him and may contribute to attitude that he can do whatever the hell he feels like.

- Leave him in domestix for most or all of the season - risk that he finds it far too easy to slap around domestic bowlers, loses the mindset required to tough it out against better bowlers, and develops technical flaws or shortcuts that will be exposed at higher level.
    Apparently it's up to Ryder when he comes back. If he made himself available for the South African series they said they would seriously consider him.

International 12th Man
    The Herald article said it was up to Jesse when he came back, based on an interview where his manager basically said nothing. And to be fair, his manager has no idea how to play the media game.

It's a non-negotiable that Jesse goes to Africa. Just as Ben Cousins got a million chances because he was a rare talent, just as Dan and Richie get to bugger off and have sabbaticals because they are special, Jesse gets the same. Argue right or wrong, but we cannot afford to be without him. Then you have to find the right management, support and people around him to make it work.

Hell, if someone does a hammy tomorrow I'd take him to Sri Lanka. Tell him he's had plenty of time for mental recovery and get on that plane.

Thread Information