• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder looking more than a little rusty out there. Still he seems to be missing the right balls and middling enough to still score at 10 rpo.
Bah he's out!

Wait he's not - my $5 on Borgas to get out next is still alive.

Anyway in response to you - he is just missing some slogs. But it is T20.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, what do these ****s take us for? that is the most pathetic straight boundary I have ever seen. Switching back over to the gabba for some real cricket. I'm actually insulted that they think we're that stupid. Thank god I couldnt make it to the the stadium tonight.
This.

Ryder aside, and the Aussie bowlers aside, that was really amateur stuff. It looked like woman's cricket with the boundaries brought in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This.

Ryder aside, and the Aussie bowlers aside, that was really amateur stuff. It looked like woman's cricket with the boundaries brought in.
Not as amateur as Cachopa's keeping. Missed 2 easy stumpings, a catch and gifted Wellington about 20 free runs. Real club level stuff.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cool, Auckland vs ND first class match starts today. Auckland should be happy to have ND 125/4.

As much as I hate to say it (because I don't like NZ domestic sides' tendency to shift bowlers who can bat a bit up into the top 6), Yovich has done pretty well since his shift to opener.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I'm really not sure if that's serious or not..I may have missed that the highlights were already up though.

Kruger completely done for pace in 2nd dig, pretty awful dismissal for a Test player
I asked because I haven't been on here much lately and my understanding was that Mitch M was a late 130 to early 140k bowler. You can understand that possibly I thought there was someone new (due in part to the news more Aussies are playing here).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bruce Martin continues on his merry way, taking wickets completely unnoticed by the selectors.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Watched Karori Prems against I think Wainui on the pitch next to me.

Karori have Boam, Murdoch, and McKay. Karori scored 380 in 50 overs.

Incredible. Boam 110. Murdoch 150.

I watched Murdoch build his inning. Very cicumspect at first. He faced many maidens against a bowler who I personally felt I could have played some attacking strokes to. Instead he kept it ticking over off the other bowlers. Then with 15-20 overs to go they cut loose.

Massive 6s and 4s everywhere. But he built his inning and looked classy playing in grade cricket.

CricHQ | Matches

In Wainui's chase - some poor mongrel was facing McKay who bowled him a no ball. So on the free hit delivery McKay just bent his back and bowled a bouncer and the batsman wanted no part of it.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Bruce Martin continues on his merry way, taking wickets completely unnoticed by the selectors.
Our game has an option to stop highly rated players from getting selected at international level in order to mirror real-life stupid selectors. Martin has had one set for just over two years now. Clearly a better bet than Nethula and Astle from where I'm sat. Which, granted, is on the other side of the world-but it's good to see others agreeing with me!

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Not a Hamiltonian but St Peters Cambridge has attractive school grounds so not sure about the Village Green. And a they have great 1st XI this year. Hence Gillette Cup qualification. 3 Co-Ed schools have made it to Lincoln from 220 + entries in 2012.Their Captain Tim Seifert is one to watch.

See

St Peter's Cambridge

Welcome to St Peter's - St Peter's Cambridge
How's he going? He's been in my Database for over a year based on a few things I read about him. Rumour back then was that he was undecided between hockey and cricket for a career-I take it he's made the smart choice and chosen cricket. He certainly had a great U18 season last year-should have made the U19WC based on that IMO.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Blair Soper and Nick Beard in for Otago tomorrow. Wells a hamstring injury, out for 4-6 weeks.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland really hurting ND with this 7th wicket partnership between Craig Cachopa and Bruce Martin - 147 now and 89 run lead. Not good for my prediction of ND winning the Plunket Shield again.

Howsie

International Captain
How's he going? He's been in my Database for over a year based on a few things I read about him. Rumour back then was that he was undecided between hockey and cricket for a career-I take it he's made the smart choice and chosen cricket. He certainly had a great U18 season last year-should have made the U19WC based on that IMO.
He's been training with the ND squad all off-season and played in all their warm up games before the season started. Liked his view from behind the stumps when Ryder whacked that 40 ball 100 against ND a month ago apparently :sleep:

I think the plan with him his to allow for some more growth before throwing him into the deep end, hence the Wheater signing. Let him play some more association cricket, ND "A" etc and bring him into the mix next season. He's still at school at the moment but he's been part of the ND set up for about two years now, massive future in the game. Scored a ton of runs at school and has been talked up since he was about 13 years old.

Howsie

International Captain
Auckland really hurting ND with this 7th wicket partnership between Craig Cachopa and Bruce Martin - 147 now and 89 run lead. Not good for my prediction of ND winning the Plunket Shield again.
Paying the price for not having a Andy Mathieson type to call on IMO. With Anderson and Mitchell in the squad someone like Baker is probably a little redundant. Five bowlers who all bowl around that 130-135 mark.