• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
ND and Otago playing in the style of NZ from 5+ years ago :happy:. Pretty good bowling and then the batsman come out...... just long enough to wear the shine off the new ball, leaving numbers 7-10 (the engine room of the batting effort) to manfully stick around and hit some boundaries to score 250.

Neesham's innings brought Otago level and that could be a matchwinning 61* from Butler.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Butler and Duffy such a strong 10-11 at Plunket level, as a coach I'd struggle with the sheer waste of it. Neesham to 5, Wells can return at 6, Nick Beard in a stonewalling red inker's role at 11 I'd probably have it, damn strong side. :p

vandem

International 12th Man
... Ish does get nervous, same sort of early yips as U19 semi I suspect. Might unlist Youtube shrine. take the pressure down....
At least he got some runs.

The last time a young ND player had this much expectation on them for their first class debut, result was
lbw Adams 2 (2) and lbw Adams 0 (10). :(

Howsie

International Captain
lol, Andrew Lamb picks up Vincent, Young and Kitchen in the same over. Auckland in the ****ter big time here.

Watched Jacob Duffy bowl this afternoon and I really don't get the fuss. He's not particularly quick nor does he do much with the ball, I've seen at least half a dozen better bowlers pop up in the last couple of years at the age he is now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
vettori got interviewed last night on some cricket show. Has no thoughts on giving it away. I hope he can re-find his form.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cachopa = the surprise package.

Not sure that 'surprise' package is the right word. You can almost guarantee a successful innings every week from Cachopa, seeing as there is a proliferation of them the likes of which haven't been seen in cricket since the Smiths took on the Joneses.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I've got to admit I inwardly groaned a bit when Carl cachopa started playing regularly for CD last season, especially his success with his bowling( I was imagining a midget dibbly dobbler, hadn't seen him, no pooch then, only seen his much shorter brothers in HRV)

Now I'm loving it, have taken notice and watched a bit of his play on then video. He looks quite a rounded batsman to my amateur eye, and pretty organized.
Love it when guys come on strong in their second coming, making up for lost time (same for Rutherford and Murdoch). I reckon reaction to early disappointment is character building stuff, As long as they have the required technique, then who knows .........

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sweet! Was just cruising through the scorecards and saw Jimmeh got his maiden first class ton.

Congrats dude!

Meridio

International Regular
Awaiting a comeback post from JimmyGS to celebrate his maiden FC hundred.

Come on Jimmy, we know you're reading.

Last edited:

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Heh, I was pretty happy with that prediction. Bloddy Arnel - from Kippax's replay he looked to be charging in, getting a bit of swing and generally bowling very well - why could he never do that for NZ?

Neesham looked good. I see what people mean about hitting the ball cleanly. A slight worry that he seems to close off his stance just before the ball is bowled - i.e. brings front pad across as if he's going to play into offside. Could get into trouble with that imo. Hoping for a breakthrough season from him, particularly in FC.
I almost matched you-I was this close to typing "unless of course Jimmy can smash a miracle". But I decided it was too unlikely..

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watched Cachopa's 4s on blackcaps site - looked a proper batsman early on and then hit out later. You can only tell so much about a batsman from their boundaries but I thought he looked impressive.

Flynn and Anderson scoring runs :thumbsup:

Auckland's side is just... yuck - looking to take the mantle of least promising team and least likely to produce test BCs from Wellington :p Will watch Munro's innings later and McClenaghan looked to bowl ok but that's about it.

Last edited: