• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant! Kippax, you are truly a hero. I'm actually playing golf with the great man today, I'll give him a look

Bob Nicol, again feasting on the minnows. 133 v Holland for Gloucestershire. If NZ ever run into PNG or the likes in a World Cup, they're in huge trouble.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone with an August Skywatch that can tell me if there's any U19 WC games or highlights featuring? Starts on the 11th, final is on the 25th.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have august's skywatch. But did have another request.

Could you possibly post some footage of Harry Boam bowling. I wish to study his action.
Would also like some of him batting in an inning (not his dismissals)

Howsie

International Captain
Anyone with an August Skywatch that can tell me if there's any U19 WC games or highlights featuring? Starts on the 11th, final is on the 25th.
Doesn't appear to be any, could easily change though knowing how Sky is.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
U19 WC will be on ESPN won't it? That's where it was in 2008 I think. Obviously on Sky Sport last time cause we hosted it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
BCCI announces itinerary for India A tour of New Zealand | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

India 'A' will tour New Zealand in September-October for two four-day matches, three one-dayers and one Twenty20 game.

The All-India Senior Selection Committee met in Mumbai and announced the tour itinerary.

The tour commences with a four-day match at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval on September 18.

The Schedule: India 'A' tour of New Zealand

September 18-21: four-day match (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University)

September 24-27: four-day match (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University)

September 30: 1st One-Dayer (OD) (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University)

October 2: second OD (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University)

October 4: third OD (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University)

October 6: Twenty20 game (Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University).
Not sure any NZ media picked up on this. Matches at that time of year versus Indians....now I really am pretty ****ed Matt Henry didn't make that 30-man T20 WC squad.

Matt Henry, 1/27 vs. South Africa, Feb 2012 - YouTube

Howsie

International Captain
Pretty sure Matt Henry is out of action until at least December iirc, had surgery on his back over the winter.

Flem274*

123/5
BCCI announces itinerary for India A tour of New Zealand | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

Not sure any NZ media picked up on this. Matches at that time of year versus Indians....now I really am pretty ****ed Matt Henry didn't make that 30-man T20 WC squad.

Hahaha yes it will be carnage when we bowl. Provided our best reserves are fit their batsmen haven't a hope in hell at that time of year.

Gutted there's no Henry.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently none of us have actually seen Henry bowl without back pain, if not a stress fracture. WAG!

Cricket | Recovery mission for Wizards cricket flatmates... | Stuff.co.nz

Injured Canterbury cricketer Matt Henry goes under the knife next week, but he should expect little sympathy or help around the house from flatmate and fellow quick Ryan McCone.

McCone has his own surgery today, to remove a floating piece of bone from his landing ankle.

His recovery is likely to be a relatively quick one – four to six weeks – while Henry could be out until Christmas.

The 20-year-old will have major back surgery next Tuesday to repair a stress fracture in the lower back.

It is the same surgery – performed by the same surgeon – as a trio of other Canterbury bowlers have had.

Shane Bond's career was extended by the procedure, while Andrew Ellis has rocketed himself into the New Zealand team after the surgery strengthened his back and improved his confidence in it. Hamish Bennett had the surgery in February and is still on the mend.

Throughout the domestic season, Henry had to miss games to rest what was thought at that stage to just be a "stress reaction", but further scans after the season ended revealed the pain was being caused by a stress fracture.

Five consecutive summers playing cricket had improved the talented youngster's form enough to first be picked for the Canterbury side then impress outgoing Black Caps coach John Wright.

But it had also damaged Henry's back.

"It was probably just before my debut [for Canterbury] in late 2010 that I started feeling it," he said.

"We just had to manage it, but at the end of this season it was really bad and I had to come off at the end of each spell for a rub down."

From there it was a no-brainer to have the surgery, he said, despite feeling nervous at the prospect.

It was too early to say how much time away from the game he would have to spend, but it would be at least three months until he would be given the all-clear by the surgeon to push himself and the end of the year is a fair estimate for a return to domestic cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

India A set to tour New Zealand - Cricket - Sportal New Zealand

Sportal are usually pretty good for cricket. Got it sussed back in June, knew I'd seen it. Not prone to the usual guessing crap that Stuff indulge in.

Very bad news about Henry, was hoping he'd push for an NZ spot sooner rather than later. Seems that'll be later than this summer.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Good to see Kippax's work getting used by ND in their write-up of new signing Ish Sodhi.

So he got a contract along with Brett Hampton, Bradley Scott, Scott Styris and Anurag Verma.

Auckland - Lockie Ferguson
C.D. - Roald Badenhorst
Wellington - Tipene Friday
Canterbury - Tim Johnston
Otago - Jacob Duffy

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Should've known that would backfire and only help Sodhi get snapped up by the M.A. with the big online presence. Dammit!

Auckland could well regret this call if their reasoning was 'we need our second guy to turn it the opposite way to Martin'. Sodhi's already hinted he's going to be gun to left-handers doing exactly that.