• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hope Adam Wheater goes well. One of my favourite players. Is a pretty ridiculous player, really talented. Will play loads of shots- both good and bad, some really bad. Always fun to see a guy at 5'5'' trying to smash the ball out of the ground.
Heef likes this post.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Battle of the good bowling attacks (and suspect batting sides) in ND vs Otago. ND 123/6 but could see them bowling Otago out for 200 as well.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I went and watched it, pretty tame really, especially with how Otago went about chasing it.

Just a couple of things. Awesome to see Corey Anderson with ball in hand, albeit looking like he was in about second gear, great signs. And secondly, the sooner Jimmy Neesham is playing international cricket the better. Serious ability that kid, the best striker of a cricket ball in the country IMO. Decent bowler too, looks no slower than the likes or Duffy and Butler live.
I disagree re Neesham's pace with the ball. I thought Duffy looked much sharper and bowled a more testing length and line. I was very impressed with him.

Considering how quick Neesham was when at school I'm surprised by his bowling - seems he is focussing more on being a batting alrounder.

But the timing of his shots is something else though huh.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Battle of the good bowling attacks (and suspect batting sides) in ND vs Otago. ND 123/6 but could see them bowling Otago out for 200 as well.
Prophetic words! If anything you may have been generous.15 wickets in a day? If that happened in England, the pitch inspector would be sniffing around.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Prophetic words! If anything you may have been generous.15 wickets in a day? If that happened in England, the pitch inspector would be sniffing around.
Heh, I was pretty happy with that prediction. Bloddy Arnel - from Kippax's replay he looked to be charging in, getting a bit of swing and generally bowling very well - why could he never do that for NZ?

Neesham looked good. I see what people mean about hitting the ball cleanly. A slight worry that he seems to close off his stance just before the ball is bowled - i.e. brings front pad across as if he's going to play into offside. Could get into trouble with that imo. Hoping for a breakthrough season from him, particularly in FC.

Blain

U19 Captain
Cachopa looking for another century! We are needing an all rounder in the Blackcaps.. Neesham and Cachopa are more batters but I have more faith in them than Ellis.. Shame Boam isnt getting game time.

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah, Cachopa in some crazy form recently. Can't say I've ever been that impressed when I've seen him play, but I suppose it's the results that matter. Anyway, went to check exactly what he has scored in the last few games and got this on the Blackcaps website:

I suppose he's doing alright for a bloke still shy of his first birthday.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Fifth ton in eight knocks, love to know who did that last actually, let alone a first five.

Ish does get nervous, same sort of early yips as U19 semi I suspect. Might unlist Youtube shrine. take the pressure down. Chuck it to Devcich, to turn 'em around. :(

Blain

U19 Captain
Hahaha nice. Yeah the Blackcaps website player profiles suck hard.

105, 1/8, 29, 1/28 Central D v Wellington Napier 28 Oct 2012 FC
111, 1/7, 38 Central D v Northern D Napier 26 Mar 2012 FC
0/30 Central D v Wellington Wellington 18 Mar 2012 FC
1/49, 151, 4 Central D v Canterbury Nelson 9 Mar 2012 FC
0/28, 28, 0/4, 108 Central D v Auckland Napier 2 Mar 2012 FC

Hundreds in last 4 games bar 1, and he didnt bat. Now 93*, great form.