• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A tour of SA would be a pretty tough re-introduction to international cricket. Ryder may want to avoid such a stiff challenge until he's had more than 4 PS matches under his belt.

Ryder rushed his return to the national side last year, and as a result we lost him for a year. I don't mind him taking a more cautious approach this time.

On a side note, does it strike anyone as curious scheduling that Wellington won't play another PS match for nearly 3 weeks?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We'll see. If he continues to make a bag full of runs, I can't see why waiting until England arrives makes a lick of difference. But they may decide it does
Agree it's a bit of jumping through arbitrary hoops. Maybe slow and steady will do the trick but we'll just have to wait to find out.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
On a side note, does it strike anyone as curious scheduling that Wellington won't play another PS match for nearly 3 weeks?
A bit like an east coast swing on a pro golf tour, seems they're making more of a conscious effort to not lose the integrity of four-day games to a day of bad weather now. Also reins back the success of 120kph men pre-Christmas perhaps, like bugs getting into the pie ingredients.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agree it's a bit of jumping through arbitrary hoops. Maybe slow and steady will do the trick but we'll just have to wait to find out.
My team mate claimed he heard a radio interview saying that Ryder wanted to call the shots and wasn't interested in returning straight away.

Blain

U19 Captain
I'm keen for Ryder to get consistancey in the domestic stuff before being rushed back. Give him until Xmas and access then. It could be the making or breaking of him, so take it slow and let him do his own thing imo.

I see the Firebirds have signed Tait for a couple games. I'll be there to watch him!!

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
My team mate claimed he heard a radio interview saying that Ryder wanted to call the shots and wasn't interested in returning straight away.
That's exactly the vibe I'm picking up: it's not that the selectors aren't considering him, it's that Ryder wants to come back when he feels ready. Or as Siddons says, "My gut feeling is: don't ask him yet". I think he's taking it one step at a time. Just 'cos his season has started blindingly well, no need to rush into anything.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah I went and watched it, pretty tame really, especially with how Otago went about chasing it.

Just a couple of things. Awesome to see Corey Anderson with ball in hand, albeit looking like he was in about second gear, great signs. And secondly, the sooner Jimmy Neesham is playing international cricket the better. Serious ability that kid, the best striker of a cricket ball in the country IMO. Decent bowler too, looks no slower than the likes or Duffy and Butler live.

Howsie

International Captain
Brad Wilson (captain), Joseph Yovich, Daniel Flynn, James Marshall, Anton Devcich, Daryl Mitchell, Corey Anderson, Adam Wheater, Ish Sodhi, Tony Goodin, Brent Arnel, James Baker.

Wow, Tony Goodin. That is a blast from the past. He would open the bowling with Trent Boult during the age group years and would absolutely dominate, he would make Boult look pedestrian as hell. He was the type of bowler where at 15 years old we would all speculate that he must be at least 140K (he obvs wasn't) because he was that much faster then anyone else. I noticed he was back for Bay of Plenty last season but before that last I'd heard he was in Western Australia working in the mines while being in and around the WA setup. Interested to see how he goes.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Neesham Compilation - YouTube
Yeah I'd have New Jimmeh batting a bit higher in that Otago side to help get him there. Michael Bracewell may have a good FC campaign but never looks to have a 60 off 40 in him tbh.

Three players will debut for the Knights. Tony Goodin is a medium fast bowler from BOP who came through ND age group teams and player development programmes before moving to live in Australia. Since his return to NZ he has been a consistent wicket taker for BOP in District Association Cricket. He gets his opportunity with Graeme Aldridge on a limited bowling workload as he recovers from off season surgery and with Anurag Verma attending University exams.
Cricket: Globetrotter changes tempo - Cricket - NZ Herald News

CD: Kieran Noema-Barnett (c), Jamie How, Jeet Raval, Carl Cachopa, Mathew Sinclair, Kruger van Wyk, Doug Bracewell, Will Young, Andrew Lamb, Tarun Nethula, Andrew Mathieson, Ben Wheeler.

Auckland: Gareth Hopkins (c), Tim McIntosh, Lou Vincent, Reece Young, Anaru Kitchen, Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Munro, Bhupinder Singh, Bruce Martin, Michael Bates, Mitchell McClenaghan, Chris Martin.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
omg Lou's first FC game in ages! he can go back in my XI now...

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Neesham Compilation - YouTube
Yeah I'd have New Jimmeh batting a bit higher in that Otago side to help get him there. Michael Bracewell may have a good FC campaign but never looks to have a 60 off 40 in him tbh.
Lovin it. Very similar in style to Ben Stokes, who I watched for England U19s a couple of years back. Just seemed to be caressing a few of these big hits - very effortless.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, NZC pulled its temporary funding for four-dayers, just a bit of a pacifier until the steam went out of the backlash. Radio Sport have said they'll do shorter forms.

Wells missing, so New Jimmeh gets a top 6 berth. Goodin actually playing, ****, maybe he'll get just this one game. :shy:
New Zealand Domestic Seamers A-Z - YouTube

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket | Black Caps v Sri Lanka | No Radio Coverage... | Stuff.co.nz

Meanwhile, White confirmed NZ Cricket had pulled its funding for live internet streaming of Plunket Shield commentaries this season.

The Radio Network was flooded by complaints from listeners last year when it ceased commentaries from Plunket Shield venues, a popular feature of its summer programming in years past.

NZ Cricket stepped in earlier this year to pay for live internet streaming of commentaries, but White confirmed that that had stopped.
Have to see if backlash regathers steam...
Get live commentary of Plunket Shield cricket back on Radio Sport | Facebook

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
hope Adam Wheater goes well. One of my favourite players. Is a pretty ridiculous player, really talented. Will play loads of shots- both good and bad, some really bad. Always fun to see a guy at 5'5'' trying to smash the ball out of the ground.