• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouldn't you be bumping the *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 1994/95 thread to make yet another post about Lee ****ing Germon about now?
Not now that Adam Wheater will be playing in this. For the first time, I'll be backing ND when they're not playing Wellington. So, back to the modern day, thanks. WHICH, coincidentally, means there's no need to waste bandwidth on Mathew Sinclair.

Although any news on Mike Garnham would be welcomed.

Blain

U19 Captain
Yeah pulled out halfway through an over.. Doesnt sound great. Canterbury having a bit of a fight back.

Anyone know much about Henry Nicholls? 20yo, didnt make U/19s but has made a good start to his career.

Nice to see Rutherford getting more runs, shame he couldnt get another century. Not often do young batsman get consistant hundreds in this country.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wagner got hit on the head by a ball in warm-ups. Tried to soldier on but it's been giving him grief, so he went off. Nothing too serious.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
2 wickets to Matthiessen. Good stuff, interested to see what he is like on the video player

Howsie

International Captain
For a few minutes... Ronchi cleaned up by Mathieson for 15. All hopes on Ryder from here, CD are still 200 behind.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, now it turns to ****. Should've really sent in Ryder at 3 after a good opening stand. Now we've got 42* out of his great form and he's with Jeets at 8. 8-)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, now it turns to ****. Should've really sent in Ryder at 3 after a good opening stand. Now we've got 42* out of his great form and he's with Jeets at 8. 8-)
If it weren't for Ryder's ongoing mental vulnerability, I would happily advocate for him to bat at 3 for NZ, whilst Kane is still finding his feet at the top level. It seems to me like he could make a decent fist of it. He has a sound defensive technique and knows where his off stump is.

Yikes, Wellington has a hopeless tail. Have to hope that Jeets can hang around for a while and give Jess some support. Although I'm nervous that BFJ will start thinking that he has to hit every ball now that he's out of proper batting partners.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Rangiora game is setting up great for a neutral but can Otago take the new ball ffs? Took them seven balls to get through the last two wickets in 1st inns, Astle didn't like McMillan's pace at all.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cripes, Tastle making runs two innings in a row? What a purple patch he's going through!

CD wheeling out Nethula, obviously shooting for a classic Ryder brain-fade against spin.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if it was the right strategy for Ryder to take the 1's on offer and let McKay face the bulk of the strike. He'll need to go for it now, as Gillespie never sticks around for long.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Scorecard actually says they did at 80.1 and Craig's kept going, unusual pitch conditions tstl. Tomorrow is right there for Tastle to have the best match of his life!
He'd have to bowl well, you know, seeing that's his core skill and the reason he's been picked...

McMillan also broke down along with Wagner so that would have made things tough. And Mark Craig is a tricky customer with a new ball (plus an HP man so you know he's a player).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McMillan also broke down along with Wagner so that would have made things tough. And Mark Craig is a tricky customer with a new ball (plus an HP man so you know he's a player).
That's bad luck for Otago. Is McMillan even worth having in the team? Fairly average numbers plus injury risk. Is there anyone apart from Duffy they could bring in.

Pleased Brownlie scored some runs, even if it was against a weakened attack. Tempted to change my 'number 6 at end of summer' from Flynn to Brownlie as the merrygoround may be back to him by then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also, reckon the much-maligned KNB is going to score some runs for CD this season, having mastered NZ domestix in the same fashion as the Woodcocks and Hopkins of this world

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That's bad luck for Otago. Is McMillan even worth having in the team? Fairly average numbers plus injury risk. Is there anyone apart from Duffy they could bring in.

Pleased Brownlie scored some runs, even if it was against a weakened attack. Tempted to change my 'number 6 at end of summer' from Flynn to Brownlie as the merrygoround may be back to him by then.
Four-day wise with McMillan, possibly not in the future. Probably better to limit himself to T20 and maybe 50-over. Duffy would be the obvious replacement, unless Wazza McSkimming is still available, which I doubt