• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Plunket Shield: Otago...chokes after Christmas they say. But this time may still win.
Wooden spoon: Canterbury
One day: Auckland
HRV Cup: Auckland
Wooden spoon: Canterbury

Highest FC run-scorer: Lou Vincent
Highest U-23: Michael Bracewell
Highest FC wicket-taker: Ish Sodhi
HRV Cup MVP: Luke Ronchi

Black Cap LO debuts: Sodhi, Jimmy Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Anaru Kitchen, Bevan Small
Black Cap Test debuts: Sodhi
Batting 6 in Test team at end of summer: Todd Astle apparently ;) Real guess, Franklin

I ran a sim of the forthcoming season on Cricket Coach last night and your Vincent and Sodhi predictions came true! Jeet Raval second in the batting averages. As it happens the Sodhi performance is a bit buggy given the rating I've given him (and really Sinclair should have beaten Vincent), but it did make me smile.

Back in reality-least Brodie's injured rather than dropped, ditto Small; some guys have none of the luck, as the song doesn't go.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I ran a sim of the forthcoming season on Cricket Coach last night and your Vincent and Sodhi predictions came true! Jeet Raval second in the batting averages. As it happens the Sodhi performance is a bit buggy given the rating I've given him (and really Sinclair should have beaten Vincent), but it did make me smile.
Eden Park Outer Oval has a lot to do with my Vincent call. :p Whether it quickly reverts to a Jeet Raval 256 level of batter-friendliness or not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Back in reality-least Brodie's injured rather than dropped, ditto Small; some guys have none of the luck, as the song doesn't go.
Sinclair should've dominated because he was the best bat, but in the end he under-performed slightly and missed the boat? Sounds realistic actually. :(

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased to see Wagner's wickets were proper fast-bowler wickets. Rutherford and Redmond now on the way to first centuries of the season. Otago could threaten for Plunket Shield title but they'll lose a lot when Wagner's away plus I expect their batting to fall over at key moments during the season.

Astle's 95 was a hack - not going to score any more runs than Bracewell if he plays for NZ.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Otago could threaten for Plunket Shield title but they'll lose a lot when Wagner's away plus I expect their batting to fall over at key moments during the season.
Right on cue, Otago crash from 1/253 to 7/296 :blink:

Tim Johnston FC debut is it? Three bowleds and an lbw.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not quite Johnston's debut, but 33 overs to a Test spinner's 7? Derek de Boorder caught sub, Astle must be off.

Both sides were talking about wanting two spinners for this pitch days out, so Otago in a bit of trouble here if 300 isn't beyond Canty's batting completely.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, there's Astle.

Carl Cachopa all four FC hundreds in his last seven innings, might have to make a 2011/12 dismissals video to check he's an absolute no-go.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but we are trying to use the Plunket shield to develop peeps and Young is an up and comer.

Van Wyk is already in the test team and 7 is high enough for him.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah but we are trying to use the Plunket shield to develop peeps and Young is an up and comer.

Van Wyk is already in the test team and 7 is high enough for him.
Ideally Van Wyk should bat at five, Young at six, and Noema-Barnett at seven.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but we are trying to use the Plunket shield to develop peeps
The best way to develop peeps is to make them earn their stripes and play to win; not give them handouts for one reason or another. It would be absurd to bat van Wyk at seven given the success he had last season.

Anyway, taste it Wellington. Taste Sinclair's ton. Might even be enough to get him back in the NZ CPL team.