Page 22 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    They probably have someone reading this thread too; wouldn't be the first time.
    Ferguson's a RM still: when they change that, we know they're reading.

They did the same in response to constant complaints on the Kent forum about Matt Coles's classification last season.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    Was it the one by the canal? Problem is the whole canal area is a bit of a crime-fest now by leafy Leamington standards! You're right though, it's a lovely mellow place to live. It's easy to forget how nice. I work in a listed building for one thing-it's the converted old Pump Rooms, now a library.
    It was fairly near the Canal, but I think I know the one you mean - one that closed a good few years ago now, perhaps? I've just Google StreetMapped it and the Brunswick is now called The Jet. Great for lock ins, pool table, darts board, juke box with Toto's "Africa" on it to be played on loop by the Kenyan member of our ensemble, rabbits in the garden, random man always at the bar who coughed, but never spoke. Bliss.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Right-click and save as those mp4s, in Chrome you could look it them in a new tab. Lara Flynn Boyle looks worse every time I see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Right-click and save as those mp4s, in Chrome you could look it them in a new tab. Lara Flynn Boyle looks worse every time I see him.
    Last time he's likely to be mentioned in connection with Lara in a hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Cricket Wellington have a very nice stats module on their website for all levels of Club Cricket, but you could certainly easily get the information about general performance levels in Club Cricket, at least in our region.

Then on CricketWeb, I think there are guys who've played for Hamilton, Marlborough and North Otago at Hawke Cup level in recent years.

Ewan Chatfield's still playing Club Cricket - so whack him in the database, aye?
    Who was the member who played for North Otago?

Anyway, there's a cricket tragic in Oamaru who has set up the website for the North Otago Cricket Association. Very comprehensive, including this player page.

Player Pages - NOCA

School Boy/Girl Captain
    It was fairly near the Canal, but I think I know the one you mean - one that closed a good few years ago now, perhaps? I've just Google StreetMapped it and the Brunswick is now called The Jet. Great for lock ins, pool table, darts board, juke box with Toto's "Africa" on it to be played on loop by the Kenyan member of our ensemble, rabbits in the garden, random man always at the bar who coughed, but never spoke. Bliss.
    Ha, brilliant, I'll have to swing by sometime and see if it's changed much! That's twice in a week I've been hit with "Africa", having watched this the other day: Toto - Africa (Family Guy 1023 Internal Affairs) on Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post

Anyway, there's a cricket tragic in Oamaru who has set up the website for the North Otago Cricket Association. Very comprehensive, including this player page.

Player Pages - NOCA
    Haha. Yeah, one of the guys on that page is on CricketWeb - I'll leave it over to him whether he wants to reveal it as I don't think he has on here.

That's a bloody comprehensive website the stats on there are top notch. Is the website designer Ozzy?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post

Player Pages - NOCA
    Well this guy's on Cricsim EDIT: removed with respect the above!

So I added him to my DB at the weekend

Now I look, with good justification-season on season improvement in his bowling performances.
    Last edited by Cricket CoachDB; 16-10-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Well this guy's on Cricsim
    Are you on CricSim?

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    I might need a bit of an idiots-guide to getting these pooch.blob's to work: they just open on a blank window for me.

But yes, he's the guy. But actually it seems Cricinfo are wrong to have him down as Auckland, as he played for ND U18: The Home of CricketArchive

The Home of CricketArchive

Those stats very much paint a picture of a bowler, generally he batted 8-9 in those games.

He did this last season: The Home of CricketArchive

The Home of CricketArchive

Yet for the national team, he was batting top 6 and bowled less than Horne: Cricket Records | Records | Quadrangular Under-19 Series (Australia), 2012 - New Zealand Under-19s | Batting and bowling averages | ESPN Cricinfo
    Yep he's ND. Was named Academy player of the year last season.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Whatever happened to Greg Morgan? He was the third highly touted player (Well 4th with Corey Anderson) from the age group team that included Southee and Boult

Oh yeah, good point! Haven't heard about him for a couple of years. Wasn't he the one who often fell over during his follow through?
    Last edited by _Ed_; 16-10-2012 at 06:34 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Are you on CricSim?
    No, but I read the thread on there and I recognise a lot of user-names from here! If I do join up it would be as a non-playing member as all my free time goes on researching players.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by otagoman View Post
    Whatever happened to Greg Morgan? He was the third highly touted player (Well 4th with Corey Anderson) from the age group team that included Southee and Boult

He's playing for Howick Pakuranga, although being overshadowed by Grobelaar just now:

Men's premier cricket: slogs and surprises | Auckland Sport | Surfing, Rugby, Soccer, Football, Cricket in Auckland

I see the name Blair Parlane in that report-any famous relatives?

A nice preview of the Auckland Premier season here: Article - Auckland Cricket

Morgan is mentioned as having had injuries but the article says "a fully fit Greg Morgan could also put himself into contention for Aces selection."

I can't find the link at the moment, but I have seen averages of his club performances and he was one of the better bowlers at that level.

I also spy a certain James Fuller turning out for Takapuna. He should more than adequately replace Brad Cachopa for them-decent hitter as well as a lively if inconsistent bowler.

Another thing of interest is that Ajaz Patel | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

-an Auckland A player who I was trying to get details on, has moved to Central Districts (is he Glenn Roeder to Jeet Raval's Paul Gascoigne?), so I expect he'll be involved at Club and possibly Provincial A level for them next season. I still need his bowling style and DOB if anybody out there knows them!

I've popped Gareth Shaw back into my DB seeing as he's skippering Papatoetoe. I'll keep Lance out seeing as he's taking a "year off".
    Last edited by Cricket CoachDB; 16-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yep he's ND. Was named Academy player of the year last season.
    So what's your verdict, Howsie? Bowler, batsman, batting-all-rounder or bowling all-rounder?

Thread Information