Page 212 of 221 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    Some thoughts on NZ ODI make-up, with Ford Trophy round-robin over now. Couple if things standing out to me.

Derek de Boorder's keeping. I have seen him standing up to the stumps this year to Butler, Duffy, Neesham etc. he has 4 stumping (in 8 games) this season. He is also averaging 46 with the bat this season, and averages 36 in his career.

If you have read 'The Old Batsman' blog on Hampshires keeper (who can't bat, but is awesome standing up to quicks) - it gave me a different appreciation of the (currently unmeasured) value of good keeping in short formats. With batsmen moving around crease to turn Yorkers in full tosses or half volleys. A keeper who keeps a batsman in his crease makes the bowlers job much easier.

Kippax, I don't know how to use that filter, can you upload all his stumpings

The other thing standing out to me is Nethula's season and career List A record compared to N McCullum. Nathan doesn't match up.I think we need a spin option that has a wicket taking threat. I know Nethula had "attitude" problem and fell out with current mgmt.

This probably reads like an anti-McCullums post. But I'm actually OK with Brendan as captain now. Although his keeping has looked rusty in the first few games of a series (he looks much chunkier these days). N McCullum is OK for me in T20 team.
    Looks like we have good depth in wicketkeepers, its a shame we don't have the same depth in spin bowling and batsman.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    Pretty sure he used to read this forum. Keep baiting him. See what he does next game.
    I find this completely bizarre tbh. If I was a domestic/international cricketer I would be tempted, but think would stay away from cricket forums and a lot of the cricket news and opinion pieces too.

Derek De Boorder's been a little unlucky to always be a nearly-man for NZ so far in his career. Will surely get a chance at some point, though I'm not sure in which format - tests looking very unlikely now that Watling and probably Ronchi have leap-frogged him... and it will be tough to get a limited overs gig too with McCullum keeping and Watling and Ronchi (probably) around the team too.

Ronchi's FC batting this year was awesome. He's been injured around the Ford Trophy time. Plus welly top order been scoring all the runs anyway.

On his keeping: I didn't notice him standing up to the stumps. Tugaga 125km out swingers would benefit from someone standing up.

Not saying he doesn't stand up. I don't go out of my way to look at the keeping, I just keep seeing de Boorder standing up when looking at batting or bowling video of other players.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    I find this completely bizarre tbh. If I was a domestic/international cricketer I would be tempted, but think would stay away from cricket forums and a lot of the cricket news and opinion pieces too.
    Some people just can't help themselves, and it's human nature to be inquisitive.

That was were career best List A return for Gillespie. 6-38, previous was 5-35

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Beard's elbow impressively managing to steal the spotlight in that vid tbh.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    he has 4 stumping (in 8 games) this season.
    1_049_05 - YouTube

Pooch boys correctly called that run out IMO, but didn't get into stats chat with Payne about it.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Milne's bowling is looking pretty loopy there. Don't reckon he has much of a pace edge over any of the other domestic bowlers atm. Bennett looked quicker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    I'd probably still have 30,000+ posts.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It would be awesome if one of the CW posters around the McHesson takeover was Ross Taylor.

"Man, not sure what is up with those guys. The way they treated was Ross was just ****. Not calling Hesson a liar, but I reckon he isn't telling the truth."

I always used to think I'd be told to can it with the posting if I actually was an international cricketer, but what these blokes post on twitter makes me think I'd be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Probably more as you'd need a good 10,000 defending against 'Your batting/bowling is ****house, I can't believe you were selected for this match. Go back to domestix.'

U19 12th Man
    Cricket: Bradburn resigns from Northern Districts | Stuff.co.nz

Slightly surprising, he'd had good success with ND. But probably a good career move, hopefully spend a couple of years overseas before coming back and taking over the Black Caps.

Thread Information