Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Toothache for Ryder apparently.
    Some of those pies must have been harder than he realised

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Some of those pies must have been harder than he realised
    Probably opening beer bottles with his teeth.

Assume Wheeler broke down mid over.

Looks like it was difficult early at Hagley Oval, then much easier. Omission of Nethula not such a good idea, Mathieson 0 for 73

Mathieson bowling short filth to Ellis. Milne could've had a full ten under 40 if you hadn't used him at the death. Wheeler leaves mid-spell injured. How is going to get out to the left-arm of McCone.

C'mon ****s, you could give Wgtn a double life here if you knuckle down. Try to avert the cliches.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Good to see Neesham in the wickets yet again, from the little i have seen of him he seems to be developing into a very handly LO bowler.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Gillespie doing alright. The Ford Trophy table is going to be an absolute jumble at the end of this round.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    LOL at Gillespie telling me to go **** myself after I said he was finished in the England tour thread.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    LOL at Gillespie telling me to go **** myself after I said he was finished in the England tour thread.
    Such a shame he had to bowl 20 or so no balls during that warm up game, otherwise he would probably be in the squad right now ahead of butler

Pretty sure he used to read this forum. Keep baiting him. See what he does next game.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    Good to see Neesham in the wickets yet again, from the little i have seen of him he seems to be developing into a very handly LO bowler.
    Commentators today saying he bowls a deceptively heavy ball and get's more bounce than one might expect.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Where the **** am I whenever professional cricketers rip into CWers. Link?
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Where the **** am I whenever professional cricketers rip into CWers. Link?
    Not literally. He means he took a 6fer an hour or so after he had called him finished in the other thread.
    Last edited by Immenso; 20-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Anyway. I watched Gillespies opening spell on the vault, and while he is not booming thru the crease - he bowled a very good spell. Prob beat the bat almost 20 times in the 6 overs.

Several to lift, as well as the Devcich's dismissal (which Devcich's not happy about). He also ballooned one each off shoulder of Flynn's and Hickey's bat.

Didn't bother watching his last spell, which also got him 3 wickets, but was the slog overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    Commentators today saying he bowls a deceptively heavy ball and get's more bounce than one might expect.
    Yeah when he played for NZ he was bowling high 130's, I was thinking late 120's when I've seen him elsewhere. His batting has a pretty high ceiling also, should go over to England as an all rounder. Didn't get bowled enough when he played for NZ btw. McCullum with his Franklin loving..

Some thoughts on NZ ODI make-up, with Ford Trophy round-robin over now. Couple if things standing out to me.

Derek de Boorder's keeping. I have seen him standing up to the stumps this year to Butler, Duffy, Neesham etc. he has 4 stumping (in 8 games) this season. He is also averaging 46 with the bat this season, and averages 36 in his career.

If you have read 'The Old Batsman' blog on Hampshires keeper (who can't bat, but is awesome standing up to quicks) - it gave me a different appreciation of the (currently unmeasured) value of good keeping in short formats. With batsmen moving around crease to turn Yorkers in full tosses or half volleys. A keeper who keeps a batsman in his crease makes the bowlers job much easier.

Kippax, I don't know how to use that filter, can you upload all his stumpings?

The other thing standing out to me is Nethula's season and career List A record compared to N McCullum. Nathan doesn't match up.I think we need a spin option that has a wicket taking threat. I know Nethula had "attitude" problem and fell out with current mgmt.

This probably reads like an anti-McCullums post. But I'm actually OK with Brendan as captain now. Although his keeping has looked rusty in the first few games of a series (he looks much chunkier these days). N McCullum is OK for me in T20 team.
    Last edited by Immenso; 20-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Thread Information