• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

brockley

International Captain
I guess Rhodes will have to make it work in NSW,he wasn't qualified for NZ was he? Will follow his name in grade,shame the year before last he had a good year in NZ domestic cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Fun fact about the poor fella that Styris battered all over the place this morning for 38 in an over: he's a Kiwi, too. James Fuller, played club cricket for North Shore, then NZ U-19s before Bracewell took him over to Gloucester. Judging on his FC numbers, that hasn't worked out too well just yet...

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Fun fact about the poor fella that Styris battered all over the place this morning for 38 in an over: he's a Kiwi, too. James Fuller, played club cricket for North Shore, then NZ U-19s before Bracewell took him over to Gloucester. Judging on his FC numbers, that hasn't worked out too well just yet...
He's actually done reasonably well in the limited overs stuff I think. Not outstanding but not horrible either. He's in the second year of a three year contract (I think) so will be interesting to see if he comes back here after that.

Adwalks

Cricket Spectator
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a few games for Otago this Summer, he was heavily involved in the set-up over the Summer, but I'm pretty sure he was injured for most of the Summer. With our lack of quick bowlers and his connection with the province, I'm sure he'll be a feature.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Kippax you lurking out there? I am trying to find some clips of Jamie How on the blackcaps web site...but they won't play for me. Do you need a specific media player?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be a flash issue. Suggest Chrome (with flash built-in) or getting the latest flash here.

Also very easy for me (using the match filter function) to put up any video anyone wants on Youtube. One particular innings, a few minutes facing certain bowlers, all FC 2011/12 dismissals, etc.

They can be unlisted too so the channel doesn't risk copping its first red lightsaber for vending dodgy meats under false pretences (in a Quik-E-Mart kind of way), but hell, worth remembering Jeets has made the grade.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I was using chrome already? But will investigate your link...

Can you do me a favour - can you make a youtube clip or a mpeg or something of a couple of classic Jamie How forward defensive strokes? I wish to make a positive post about them and want to have some evidence...

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I was using chrome already? But will investigate your link...

Can you do me a favour - can you make a youtube clip or a mpeg or something of a couple of classic Jamie How forward defensive strokes? I wish to make a positive post about them and want to have some evidence...
About how technically correct he is and how absolutely baffling it is that he never cracked it at the top level?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It is not baffling to me - as I don't think he mastered all of the shots in the book. I also think his temperament wasn't quite right. I just rate his forward defence as you will note in my post I will make if Kippax is kind enough to provide me with some evidence.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
All those dismissals look so horrible - flashing at wide ones, chopping on, turning a hook into a convoluted way to get bowled, leaving big inswingers on middle and off..

Apart from that freakish return run-out, though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All those dismissals look so horrible - flashing at wide ones, chopping on, turning a hook into a convoluted way to get bowled, leaving big inswingers on middle and off..

Apart from that freakish return run-out, though.
Yeah he's not the greatest player going around. The one he left and it took out his off stump was vicious. With the left armers angle you should be able to leave those.

When I play I leave anything that pitches on off stump from left arm over unless he has shown he can bring them back a long way.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It was a very vicious ball.

But he decided not to play it so late and tried to cover it, but his feet didn't get far enough across. Should have at least got pad to it and put some doubt in the umpire's mind, IMO. If I'm leaving a right armer angling across dramatically (being a left hander screws things up a bit), I make sure to completely cover off stump. There's a better chance of getting away with an LBW because of the angle.

The LBW at 0:28 looked to pitch outside leg, in fairness.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You're licking your lips if you're a left-arm seamer next summer...

One other thought - if you're an umpire, and people aren't appealing with any sort of conviction...don't give it (as per the one v Otago, think it's Wells bowling and Phil Jones the umpire). Especially when you take ages. It looks awful.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be a flash issue. Suggest Chrome (with flash built-in) or getting the latest flash here.

Also very easy for me (using the match filter function) to put up any video anyone wants on Youtube. One particular innings, a few minutes facing certain bowlers, all FC 2011/12 dismissals, etc.

They can be unlisted too so the channel doesn't risk copping its first red lightsaber for vending dodgy meats under false pretences (in a Quik-E-Mart kind of way), but hell, worth remembering Jeets has made the grade.
I think you and I are going to become very good friends, if we aren't already.

Can I have Colin de Grandhomme dismissals, across all formats? If too hard, just FC will be fine. I need a laugh