Page 194 of 221 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Milne still clocking 140+ or has he dropped pace?
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Papps and Murdoch are showing why the N McCullum school of non-wicket-taking spinners is becoming obsolete.

I like Mattress, but it's Papps (I dunno if I've ever heard of Murdoch). If he is allowed to milk 5 an over during the middle overs without ever having their wicket threatened...We can do better, basically.
    Murdoch has been building quite an impressive record over the last few seasons and seems to be back in form after early struggles this season after becoming captain. He rose to prominence after scoring 225 not out off 157 balls in a 50 over Under 23 game a few years ago.

Stephen Murdoch’s name was on every cricket followers lips In January after his commanding match winning 225 not out off just 157 balls to help the Powerade Wellington U23s to an exhilarating 50-over win over their Auckland annual counterparts at the inaugural National U23 tournament at Lincoln.

Chasing 356 for victory, Murdoch batted beautifully to guide us to a hugely satisfying 3-wicket win with 5 balls to spare. Starting off slowly he then exploded and his innings eventually included 156 runs in boundaries. He cleared the boundary rope to hit the winning runs off the first ball of the last over.

The double century for Murdoch came hot on the heels of his scores of 79 and 156 against Otago in the three-day tournament opener earlier in the week. In four innings he scored 498 runs, using this tournament as a springboard to forcing his way into the Wellington Firebirds for the remainder of the season.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 25-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rphin3 View Post
    Milne still clocking 140+ or has he dropped pace?
    Yep, was clocked at 149k in the HRV cup. He's still bowling utter rubbish too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Excellent chase by Wellington. Should get the 55 from 48 required from here. I'm amazed Papps has had such a good season - really seemed a spent force a little while ago.

And Papps 162* ftw

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Excellent chase by Wellington. Should get the 55 from 48 required from here. I'm amazed Papps has had such a good season - really seemed a spent force a little while ago.
    Yeah, it's a bit like how Elliott is playing useful innings for NZ just a couple of months after we were advocating his Wellington dropping.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Papps and Murdoch are showing why the N McCullum school of non-wicket-taking spinners is becoming obsolete.

I like Mattress, but it's Papps (I dunno if I've ever heard of Murdoch). If he is allowed to milk 5 an over during the middle overs without ever having their wicket threatened...We can do better, basically.
    Why is he called 'Mattress'? For the obvious reasons? Or something more subtle and witty, and less laddish and puerile?

Great win for Welly. Pleased to see Murdoch in the runs and at a decent clip as well.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    He is getting his runs quicker than I ever remember as well. The evergreen Michael Papps.

Saw him at Countdown the other day after a hundred, looked like he was still in his early 20's!

Shame Mitchell missed a hundred, but an exciting first day of list A matches. Am I the only one who loves 1 dayers? They are a great mix of the other formats, in T/20 you have a couple bad overs and you'r screwed. I like the balance you get in 50 over games.

Cachopa, gun. Never thought I would say that after last season for Wellington, really battled. Good on him, still very young, but we really are light on young batters coming through. Him, Rutherford, Latham, Young, Mitchell, Boam and Anderson are carrying the next hope really.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Saw him at Countdown the other day after a hundred, looked like he was still in his early 20's!

Shame Mitchell missed a hundred, but an exciting first day of list A matches. Am I the only one who loves 1 dayers? They are a great mix of the other formats, in T/20 you have a couple bad overs and you'r screwed. I like the balance you get in 50 over games.

Cachopa, gun. Never thought I would say that after last season for Wellington, really battled. Good on him, still very young, but we really are light on young batters coming through. Him, Rutherford, Latham, Young, Mitchell, Boam and Anderson are carrying the next hope really.
    I like the balance you get in 50 over games too. M Bracewell is another young batsman who has done reasonably well this season..

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    I like the balance you get in 50 over games too. M Bracewell is another young batsman who has done reasonably well this season..
    he's tall with long levers, yet seems to just flick his wrists and it goes for six.

I watched him warm up with throwdowns and he times everything. Minimal effort and the ball races from his bat.

One to watch next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Van Wyk LBW to Trent Boult is pretty funny

CENTRAL STAGS vs NORTHERN KNIGHTS

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    did that hit him on the full??
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I realise the match was all but over and didn't matter, but surely that struck a good 15cm outside offstump.

Have seen a fair few suspect lbw calls this season on the video scorecards tbh

Flynn's lbw surely pitched outside leg too.

Way back for Flynn into NZ team might be to score one-day runs - we're short of ODI openers at the moment and he doesn't have the same unfortunate 'tried and failed' air in limited overs as tests.

Thread Information