• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
Daniel Flynn is also Khawaja with commitment and balls.

That guy is more of a Sinclair-Guptill mould with better front foot technique but Carlchopa esque bouncer handling.

Front foot offside, rinse and repeat.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
True, I guess. He definitely has the same stylish looseness about him though, if you can see where I'm coming from. Compared to a guy like Seifert who's far more of a rough-around-the-edges McCullum/DeVilliers type brutaliser.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Weerasundara could be playing FC next season if he continues to look like that tbh. Many of the current openers can't be far from calling it a day.

Flem274*

123/5
de Villiers is weird. He started out pretty correct iirc and has slowly stripped his technique down over the years. Usually it goes the other way.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah I've just never found him a pleasant batsman to watch. Has an absurdly good eye and a killer pull but none of it's got much flair or natural flourish to it.

Meridio

International Regular
Have played against Weerasundara a few times ftr. Looks like he's grown a bit - was pretty short when I played him, he would've been maybe 15 the first time and then 16 or 17 the last time. Looked a decent player then but I got the feeling he was one of those guys that is a bit scared to play shots - maybe he's growing out of that.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a couple of games in the vault where he and others are trying to keep out the shooters on a Karori Park pitch; he scores 0(21) and 10(33). What he managed at Lincoln probably erased years of Wellington pitches telling him he was only a reasonable young player tbh. Nice flat tracks in Darwin in July could see his shares on the Benchmark00 Penny Dreadful Index unfurling their true potential, handily close to domestic contracts day.

Daniel Flynn is also Khawaja with commitment and balls.

That guy is more of a Sinclair-Guptill mould with better front foot technique but Carlchopa esque bouncer handling.

Front foot offside, rinse and repeat.
Haha true. Although if Carlchopa ever plays a hook shot right off his grill like the one at 0.39, the children of CW will be sent home for the day.