Cricket Player Manager
Page 184 of 221 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Wow, Shannon "the mud wrestler" Stewart
    Shanan it is. Lol at this high-falutin' Shannon stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    He's meant to be an allrounder though isn't he? So about par?
    He usually bats at 8 so I would say he is the bowler who bats a bit; Woodcock and Boam would be the true allroudners. Woody the spinner, Boam the batsman who bowls a bit and Kuggs that bowler who bats a bit in the 5-7-8 range.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Considering Auckland have been collapsing in a heap on their road of a home pitch all season, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that getting their wickets away from home is a first in, first served kinda deal. I wouldn't read too much into a part timer destroying the worst batting line up of the season. These things happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    The highlights are up and it looks pretty awful.

Craig Cachopa and Hopkins beaten all ends up be full swinging balls from Stewart - no blaming the pitch there.
    Kitchen edges down leg off Stewart
    Guptill-Bunce misses a full straight one from Stewart (possibly sliding down leg but still...)
    De Grandhomme bounced out by McCone
    B Marting thoroughly bounced out by McCone
    Astle uses one of his trademark appeals to get a wicket.

TBF, this is the battle of the wooden-spooners
    Yeah, those Stewart wickets; innocuous bowling and bad batting. Apologies to Lee Germon and the groundsman for my assumption the pitch was under-prepared again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    He's lively. Seems thinner/leaner than a year ago than when the show. Or was that TV adding a few pounds?

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Some of those bouncers looked pretty lethal.
    Last edited by Mike5181; 20-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Yeah, I should make it known there was a heck of a lot of really raw, short and wide filth left on the cutting room floor of that video. His chances of Ford Trophy play are zero itbt, but he'd be a great watch at Roadington, so I've done what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Considering Auckland have been collapsing in a heap on their road of a home pitch all season, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that getting their wickets away from home is a first in, first served kinda deal. I wouldn't read too much into a part timer destroying the worst batting line up of the season. These things happen.
    I'd like to get in and rescue Michael Barry ftr before we put a torch to that barn. Held JimmyGS to joint Suburbs New Lynn youth cricketer of the year in 2010, looks a slightly belated addition to the FC circuit tbh.

Beard getting more runs at night watchmen, maybe he should just bat 4! Otago have a few good all rounders dont they.

Raval has had a really solid season, he just hasn't had the 1 or 2 big scores to make it a good one. Hopefully he can kick on here, seems like a good nuggety opener, which is what we need in our test side..

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    He's lively. Seems thinner/leaner than a year ago than when the show. Or was that TV adding a few pounds?
    Yeah, I should make it known there was a heck of a lot of really raw, short and wide filth left on the cutting room floor of that video. His chances of Ford Trophy play are zero itbt, but he'd be a great watch at Roadington, so I've done what I can.
    It's amazing how much difference the rear vs front-on camera angle makes (to my watching anyway). From the front-on camera Ferguson looks damn quick and intimidating there, even if wildly inaccurate as Kippax points out. When it switches to the rear view that we're more accustomed to suddenly his approach to the crease looks leisurely and the big wind-up and release also looks less impressive.

Still reckon he gets it through at a fair pace. Might have to dial it back a bit to get some semblance of accuracy though.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Jeet Raval finally closing in on a ton to go with the myriad of starts and 50's that he's made this year. It's worth noting that he currently has a better average this season than Hutherford, and has lasted for significantly longer at the crease in terms of balls faced (average of over 80 balls per completed innings, compared to Rutherford's average of 55 balls per innings).

To keep things in context, it's also probably worth noting that he's still not doing as well as Fulton or Redmond.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 20-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    I was a little bit surprised they didn't include Raval in the warm up team for the tests actually. The guy isn't far off averaging 40 in first-class, and for a 24 year old opener in New Zealand, that's pretty decent.

I think Raval is unlucky also, Rutherford might be ok for the shorter stuff, but I think he i still another season off for tests. Needs to keep building runs and exp.

If Raval had scored this century 2 weeks ago, he would be there in front of Latham. I rate Latham, but not as a opener. Will probably end up a very good number 4.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    I rate Latham, but not as a opener. Will probably end up a very good number 4.
    awta

Also was watching highlights of Gillespie's bowling vs Otago. I thought this game might be when he would step it up to try to impress the selectors, but instead he looks to be giving 70-80% and bowling pus. I guess there's still the England vs NZ XI warmup but he's going to have to bowl a LOT better as right now he's unpickable.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Seriously odd bowling changes from Murdoch at times this season. Just seems to believe in the big names and doesn't bowl others enough. Gillespie and Patel have bowled 18 and 20+ respectively, Kuggs 10 and then Tuggs and Boam less than 10.

Tuggs comes on and finally gets Redmond out. I seem to remember similar patterns all season.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    And when Tuggs gets the wicket, let's take him straight out of the attack...

...In order for Woodcock to be taken to the proverbial cleaners.
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 20-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Thread Information