Page 182 of 221 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

CENTRAL STAGS: Jeet Raval, Jamie How, Carl Cachopa, Mathew Sinclair, Kieran Noema-Barnett (captain), Kruger van Wyk, Doug Bracewell, Tarun Nethula, Ajaz Patel, Andrew Lamb, Andrew Mathieson, Ben Wheeler, Will Young.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    CENTRAL STAGS: Jeet Raval, Jamie How, Carl Cachopa, Mathew Sinclair, Kieran Noema-Barnett (captain), Kruger van Wyk, Doug Bracewell, Tarun Nethula, Ajaz Patel, Andrew Lamb, Andrew Mathieson, Ben Wheeler, Will Young.
    Great news for both Wheeler and Young, and for CD. I thought both were out for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesLara View Post
    There isn't one. As someone who was in the setup at 16/17/18 in academies in Auckland, all we could muster up to develop us was Dipak Patel, and with all respect to him, he just never really did it for me (or most of the spinners tbh). Then came Paul Strang, who on paper really looked like a guy who would help develop you, especially being a leggie, but once he holds a grudge you can bid farewell to him even caring remotely for you
    Yep I heard Sodhi say he started out with Dipak. Did Strang really not rate Sodhi at all? Was there no real fostering or pathway in place for him regardless of whether they thought he warranted immediate Aces play?

Seeing Sodhi interviews suggesting he's now trying to tap Bradburn for advice doesn't fill me with great confidence tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Yep I heard Sodhi say he started out with Dipak. Did Strang really not rate Sodhi at all? Was there no real fostering or pathway in place for him regardless of whether they thought he warranted immediate Aces play?

Seeing Sodhi interviews suggesting he's now trying to tap Bradburn for advice doesn't fill me with great confidence tbh.
    Yeah we all did, our academy was Ish, Bhupinder Singh, myself and a few of the under 15 guys and with Dipak, much like Strang, if they they get along with you personally, then their sorta is no vested interest regardless of your talent. I'm not too sure whether Strang rated Ish or not to be fair to Strang, but you have to wonder whats up when Tarun was leading wickettaker a few season back, the next season he hardly got a bowl.

Strang has his favourites, thats just how it is really and its why there was such an exodus regarding young Auckland talent leaving for other opportunities. Obviously its hard in Auckland where the depth supersedes that of any other district due in part to the obvious population difference, but there is also something to be said when you look at the ages of the guys leaving (Neesham, Fuller, Raval, Cachopas (and to think Craig only got a contract due to the luck that was Tuffey's retirement) Ish, etc) are all guys who happen to come across Strangs reign.

Im obviously sounding bias and almost bitter (do not like Strang, point blank) but when you talk to these guys about why they were not given an opportunity, there really wasnt a decent reason given by Auckland Cricket. It's of no surprise now that you see guys like Michael Barry, Guptill-Bunce etc all getting a run now because Matt Horne is already establishing a nice core of young players who are ready to make that step.
    The world just doesn't understand leg spin

Has Bhupinder Singh always had a"bit" of a bent arm? It's worse than Williamsons.. I really like Ajaz Patels action btw, could be someone to watch.

Awesome to see Young and Wheeler back.

NORTHERN KNIGHTS: Brad Wilson (captain), Daniel Flynn, Joseph Yovich, James Marshall, Daryl Mitchell, Corey Anderson, Cameron Fletcher, Graeme Aldridge, Ish Sodhi, Brent Arnel, Jono Boult, Anurag Verma

Cam Fletcher officially snaked, whats Auckland up to? One of their best in the A Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    It's always sad to see a player you grew up watching retire. Good luck to him for whatever he decides to do with the rest of his life.
    Yeah, I'm about the same age as him and remember the Herald did a profile on him in 1997 when he had returned from High School in Australia and was highly rated. He was part of that 1998 Under 19 side that made the World Cup final (along with the Marshall's, Engelfield, Franklin, Mills, B Martin & McGlashan).

Making your debut opening the batting at the WACA against Brett Lee, Jason Gillespie, Glenn McGrath & Shane Warne can't have been easy. But he scored a century in the first innings and a run a ball half century in the second.

For whatever reason he probably never really fulfilled his potential at test level. Looking at his innings by innings list I think he was discarded a little too quickly after the Pakistan series in 2003 having just scored a century in India before that series. And again after Zimbabwe in 2005 (although by that stage he was competing with a pretty strong middle order).

Final word goes to Craig McMillan in Out of the Park:

Lou Vincent would always make my side and he is probably the most talented cricketer I have seen. He had all the shots against any bowler, he could destroy attacks, he could also bowl and he has kept for New Zealand as well.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 19-02-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    For whatever reason he probably never really fulfilled his potential at test level. Looking at his innings by innings list I think he was discarded a little too quickly after the Pakistan series in 2003 having just scored a century in India before that series. And again after Zimbabwe in 2005 (although by that stage he was competing with a pretty strong middle order).
    The second dropping, he was made to open then was dropped after he expressed his feelings on the matter, that he was a middle order player and the like. And pretty strong middle order? Yes indeed, Fleming, Astle, Styris and...Hamish Marshall! It's retrospect, but if we knew then, Lou should've been the one to keep in the side. Didn't help that his last test innings was to open after Cumming got injured.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Hakaria opening for Auckland?

Brodie is due some runs.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khodder View Post
    Hakaria opening for Auckland?
    CharlesLara to comment. Is this a precursor to dropping him? Auckland obviously have too many middle order batsmen; even too many middle order batsmen who bowl, considering that Munro will come back at some point. And their top order certainly has been poor this season.

Still, tough gig opening after previously batting down at 6/7.
    Last edited by straw man; 19-02-2013 at 03:31 PM.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Looks like Wells is getting some more responsibility in this Otago lineup - batting up the order last match or two and now first change bowler. Like this as he clearly has raw ability and this will showcase what he can (or can't) do.

Awesome that Wheeler is back for CD.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Looks like Wells is getting some more responsibility in this Otago lineup - batting up the order last match or two and now first change bowler. Like this as he clearly has raw ability and this will showcase what he can (or can't) do.

Awesome that Wheeler is back for CD.
    Wells has been batting 5 all season (in PS). Moved up with hole left by Cummings retirement. In some pre-Xmas rounds he batted 5 and didn't bowl (due to a bowling injury)

But has bowled a lot recently, with Butler missing, and Wagner sometimes missing, and bowled well.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Hahahaha classic.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Will Young not playing is so ****ing annoying. At least Wheeler is back, I guess.

Thread Information