Cricket Player Manager
Page 179 of 221 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Sorry, probably not the best example as I don't often follow domestic cricket.

Sub for whoever you think is more appropriate.

There needs to be some plan for how we develop the promising spinners. I don't think there's enough expertise in the country ATM.
    I think as well practicing in nets that are artificial - makes it hard for budding spinners growing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Manawatu Standard View Post

Rumour has it that one of the better performing ‘‘foreign-Legion’’ Central Districts Stags has become such a hot commodity he now is seriously considering walking out on Central Districts at the end of the summer.

The player’s performances have been good enough for him to be bandied around as a possible Black Cap this season.

Considering the player was persevered with despite almost two years of poor performance ahead of other talented locals, a move back to the big city will be viewed by some as a major slap in the face.

However, it shouldn’t be surprising as part of my argument over the past few years against the Stags importing so many players from outside the region, has been that as soon as they are successful, they are likely to disappear back to the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Spark
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 17-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Haha, they might as well have just named him. Couldn't make it any more obvious.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Clearly it's Tarun Nethula.

Will be a big shame if Cachopa goes since I think this might be the final Skippy Summer and that leaves two massive holes in our middle order.

Anyway, read a very patronising article about the Stags success in the Dom Post today. Apparently despite being the best team in the competition you can't say we are the best team in the competition if your hand is on your heart.

edit: I suppose if we have a mass abandonment, now is our chance to steal Harry Boam.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 17-02-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

^^ Beat me too it.

**** I wouldnt mind if you do take Boam, should be batting at 5 imo. With guys like Elliott, Papps, Murdoch and Woodcock pushing the best up and comer down the order, he deserves more. Not saying any of those guys are bad players, just are a bit past it in terms of making the test team.
    Last edited by Blain; 17-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I don't get the "two years of poor performances" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Clearly it's Tarun Nethula.

Will be a big shame if Cachopa goes since I think this might be the final Skippy Summer and that leaves two massive holes in our middle order.

Anyway, read a very patronising article about the Stags success in the Dom Post today. Apparently despite being the best team in the competition you can't say we are the best team in the competition if your hand is on your heart.

edit: I suppose if we have a mass abandonment, now is our chance to steal Harry Boam.
    Leaves more room for a Greg Hay return though!

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Houghton ---> CD????!???
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Haha, they might as well have just named him. Couldn't make it any more obvious.
    I actually thought of Chops immediately but it could be Nethula too I guess; it's not as clear cut as I first imagined. I just didn't think Nethula fit in with the idea of the guy being poor when he first arrived from Auckland and then getting better lately, because if anything Nethula performed better when he first arrived at CD than he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    I don't get the "two years of poor performances" part.
    He's suggesting he wasn't much chop from his Stags debut in 2010 until 2012, and he's then embellished that to 'almost two years' to help maintain the big secret.
    Last edited by Kippax; 17-02-2013 at 09:23 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually thought of Chops immediately but it could be Nethula too I guess; it's not as clear cut as I first imagined. I just didn't think Nethula fit in with the idea of the guy being poor when he first arrived from Auckland and then getting better lately, because if anything Nethula performed better when he first arrived at CD than he is now.
    My first thought was Andrew Mathieson, but that would only be true if you counted Hamilton as a big city

Carlchopa obvz banking on Milne and the rest of the CD attack being forever injured.

Haha yeah, a vulnerable Chops on the bounciest road in the country will be fun to watch.

Otherwise not a bad call as far as career advancement goes, he'll get to play an anchoring role to much more aggressive bats on a ground where Hopkins can average 55.

Auckland are going to have a packed middle order next season. Both Cachopa's, Kitchen, Hakaraia, Hopkins, de Boorder, Munro and CdG all vying for spots in that 3-7 area. I think they're going to lose one of those players to another side.

Auckland might be dire atm but they've exported a lot of FC standard players around the country. Every domestic side has at least one Aucklander on their roster and Canterbury and CD have 3.

Thread Information