Page 178 of 221 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Woah, Nick Beard! Way to make the most of being nightwatchman.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Is Daryl Mitchell a gun? Had a pretty solid start to his carrer. Is he another in the Boam/Neesham/Anderson mould? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on him.
    Big day for Daryl Mitchell today, first FC century. Didn't throw it away when batting with the tail, ND total went from 7-400 and first innings parity when Southee was out, to 510 when Mitchell was last man out, giving what appears to be a match-winning 110 run first innings lead.

Craig Cachopa now ahead of Cooled Cachopa in Plunket runs, making for confusion at the selection meeting. Rutherford it is then.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Craig Cachopa now ahead of Cooled Cachopa in Plunket runs, making for confusion at the selection meeting. Rutherford it is then.
    They'll just announce C Cachopa at the presser and let them figure it out between themselves.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Timmeh picks up 9 on his return, even if they did come at a fairly expensive rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Sodhi nice 4 wicket bag - maybe a Vettori style bolter for England test series?

No, he'll probably go to India on that September A tour, and even that's a bit of a stretch. Would be like putting a kid who's shanking every third shot into a PGA Tour event, at this stage.

There are a few promising young spinners around. Sodhi is one of them, Nethula looks decent at times, and I believe that there are more on the fringes of first class teams from what I've been hearing.

Question is, how do we prevent these players from becoming Bruce Martin? I ask that with complete respect to the guy, good stalwart and all, but looking back at a 10 year career it doesn't set the world on fire. same can probably be said of Jeets - has a nice action, a good stock delivery, just never really developed beyond that level.

It just seems as though the pitches and the domestic coaching will never let us get these guys beyond promising. Hopefully Littlejohn and Buchanan think outside the box on this one. Can we send them to Sri Lanka for a season or something?

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    Sodhi nice 4 wicket bag - maybe a Vettori style bolter for England test series?
    I wouldn't be opposed to this but I don't see them picking a young leggie, they are too hit and miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Daryl Mitchell, 136 vs. Wellington - YouTube Who are these ****s who gave Brodie when he was massively outside the line playing a shot, when they'd denied Jeets important wickets?

Daryl Mitchell, 136 vs. Wellington - YouTube Who are these ****s who gave Brodie when he was massively outside the line playing a shot, when they'd denied Jeets important wickets?
    Howsie correct about his prowess on the pull and hook. Not that it is a suprise, for a guy who had formative years growing up in Perth.

Looked good, congratulations Darryl on your first ton.

Either Brodie has had a few rough ones this year, or he is good at looking aggrieved. I have noticed a few 'can't-believe-it' delays before he leaves. Including when also out to Sodhi last time they played, bat-pad, at Karori.

Good return by Kuggeleijn, after being dropped for a few matches. I reckon Siddons is better off rotating 2 of Tugaga, Firday, and Kuggeleijn to partner Gillespie. Which is what he might be doing now anyway. With no decent 'A' cricket provided by Wellington, it is a big step from club cricket to back-to-back 4 day cricket for these guys (as Siddons has mentioned in the Dom).

So Friday in for Tugaga next round ......

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Question is, how do we prevent these players from becoming Bruce Martin? I ask that with complete respect to the guy, good stalwart and all, but looking back at a 10 year career it doesn't set the world on fire. same can probably be said of Jeets - has a nice action, a good stock delivery, just never really developed beyond that level.
    How is Bruce Martin the example here? Probably the best performed NZ domestic spinner of his era. Would love to actually have a few more Bruce Martin's who can at least perform to a competent standard at domestic level, rather than picking blokes for international level who are proven failures at domestic level.

Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    How is Bruce Martin the example here? Probably the best performed NZ domestic spinner of his era. Would love to actually have a few more Bruce Martin's who can at least perform to a competent standard at domestic level, rather than picking blokes for international level who are proven failures at domestic level.
    Sorry, probably not the best example as I don't often follow domestic cricket.

Sub for whoever you think is more appropriate.

There needs to be some plan for how we develop the promising spinners. I don't think there's enough expertise in the country ATM.

Thread Information