Page 177 of 221 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Dougeh on fire in this game. May yet prove to be the difference between the two sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Is Daryl Mitchell a gun? Had a pretty solid start to his carrer. Is he another in the Boam/Neesham/Anderson mould? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Averaging 42/43 with the bat, and low 20s with the ball. Not exactly a bad start to a first-class career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Yeah Howsie will talk up his bowling and tell you otherwise, but here he is trying to pull Cachopa -
    Northern Districts 2012/13, "****ed Right Off the Bat" - YouTube

There he is again trying to loft Marty Kain down the ground -
    Marty Kain - YouTube
    He's also looked pretty good in his big knocks tbf, especially on the front foot. I think that whatever happens with Mitchell and higher honours, he is showing Bradburn could show some more faith in the youngsters coming through rather than persisting with some of the older guys who aren't what they used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

btw how good was it to finally see Boam batting in the top six and scoring a hundred against Southee and his mates? Eat it Wellington selectors.

Stags one run shy of a batting point. CD 112, Otago a deffo 103. Southee next week for Stags.
    Last edited by Kippax; 14-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Or possibly not.

"I'll play this game and keep in touch with the New Zealand medical staff and Brendon [McCullum, the captain] and Mike [Hesson, the coach] as well. I guess it's up to them what they want to do, whether [I'll] be involved in the one-day series or just get myself right for the Test series."

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Beardy, WAFG! Can't wait for the video highlights, sure to be classy.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I think that whatever happens with Mitchell and higher honours, he is showing Bradburn could show some more faith in the youngsters coming through rather than persisting with some of the older guys who aren't what they used to be.
    So much young talent just floating around in the ND area. Don't have to look far past the top order for the Bay of Plenty to see a fair chunk of it. Especially a guy like Joe Carter who just seems to get better the higher he goes.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer BC_fan_abored's Avatar
    Nice to see N Broom in the runs as well...even if my grandmother could **** out a better lineup than this Auckland bowling attack.

Also good to see two metre Peter help to hand Flynn the opening spot.

The amount of bowlers scoring hundreds this season is crazy. Nethula, Milne (almost), Kugglejuggle, Southee, Bartin and now Beard.

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    It's been said for about six years now but Corey Anderson is going to be such a big time player for New Zealand in the future. Our test team will move quickly as soon as he gets some games under his belt.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    It's been said for about six years now but Corey Anderson is going to be such a big time player for New Zealand in the future. Our test team will move quickly as soon as he gets some games under his belt.
    Nice dude too, was around for our game at the Tauranga Domain a couple of weeks ago; him and Kane came down to see Trent rip through our lineup.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    btw how good was it to finally see Boam batting in the top six and scoring a hundred against Southee and his mates? Eat it Wellington selectors.
    This.

I was about to rant about Watling and Williamson being pulled out of this round - for a blackcaps camp before first ODI 1 -when there is still 7 days before first match ... When I realised ODI 1 is this Sunday (tomorow), not next Saturday.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    man Wheater has been ****. shame.

At least Fuller may come back to Gloucestershire with confidence. Hasn't done much for us since he arrived and has struggled with injury but hopefully with the confidence gained by performing so well in NZ he can really push on for Glos and give me something to cheer for.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    man Wheater has been ****. shame.
    Started this season with FC career of 44 games, 2319 runs at 42.94, looked to be a good pick for ND with McGlashan retired and Watling likely to be with NZ team.

Wheater this season, 138 runs at 13.80

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    It's also a huge couple of days in Bruce Martin's career. Was he leading wicket taker before going in SA tour? But struggled for wickets since he returned.

Included some marathon spells when teammates crying off injured. But not been able to knock people off. Night watchman getting a ton today surely doesn't help.
    Martin didn't appear to bowl much in final session yesterday, IIRC at one stage Bhupinder had bowled about 25 overs to Martin 22, now Bhupinder 43 but Martin still 22-8-49-0.

Thread Information