Page 165 of 221 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

I just watched Rutherford's boundaries on the vault. He had already scored a hundred before he hit a 4 off anyone other than Verma or Arnel. Bizarre. And his boundaries weRe looking really classy until I'd guess about the 80 run mark and started to edge a lot of 4s through slip and gully. Starting again the second day?

I also watched the first 30 or 40 balls straight to see again how solid he is, or isn't, early in his innings. Cover drove his first ball for 4, had a very close LBW 3rd ball, but then on was solid.

BTW, anyone know who will open next few games when he is away? Bracewell elevated up the order? Or the older Duffy?
    Last edited by Immenso; 03-02-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Ugh, have now watched Flynn's first morning effort. Awful.

First ball hooked for 4, second ball attempted cbf Ryder pull from a metre outside off which he toe-ended through gully (off Soper). Then Duffy smacks him in his guts the next 2 balls, before he gets a leg bye 4 and starts to settle down. Until Butler and Wells come on, edged Butler twice, Wells got close to trapping him 2 other times until he finally achieved just that.

32 runs off 40 balls.

I've been an advocate of Flynn opening. But Is this a guy who wants to open because he sees an opportunity, or a guy told to open. I'm sure even Mark Richardson could bat a little like Gordon Greenidge at domestic level if wanted to, but what's the point? Yes, we know you're not so dour at do domestic level, but do you ****ing want this or not?
    Last edited by Immenso; 03-02-2013 at 11:27 PM.

I hope the umpires, and their boss also use the video vault. Some pretty dodgy LBWs I notice in Plunket Shield -which to an eye used to watching televised cricket where decisions are scrutinized by DRS etc just don't look right. International imprinting improved/adjusted pretty quickly once new technology allowed/made them to adjust to the 'new reality' of what hawyeye etc said was and wasn't out.

No dissent though, apart from batsmen taking a good while to leave the crease.

Looks to me like Sodhi got two with his wrong-un this match. Craig bowledin first innings (I was expecting another lefty bowled through the gate from out of the rough), but hard to pick up from camera angle. Then Rutherford stumped in second innings.

I'll just continue talking to myself, while you girls squabble like a pack of hyenas over Anton Devcich's still very alive carcass.

I watched Carl Cachopa's short first Innings v Auckland, and he actually ducked a good Chris Martin bouncer!

I can't be arsed going through his second innings as he is starting against spinners ...

I also watched a week or so ago one of his innings in the first post-Xmas Plunket Shield match v Canterbury just to see how he would handle the bouncer. But despite Ellis playing, no one tested him. Only one bouncer, from McCone, which had him going into what looked like a brace-and-take it position to me, but ended up being a good foot down legside.
    Last edited by Immenso; 04-02-2013 at 12:13 AM.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    But he got TH out so he must be good
    *couldn't get me out

I don't see that much wrong with his action though

Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    I also watched a week or so ago one of his innings in the first post-Xmas Plunket Shield match v Canterbury just to see how he would handle the bouncer. But despite Ellis playing, no one tested him. Only one bouncer, from McCone, which had him going into what looked like a brace-and-take it position to me, but ended up being a good foot down legside.
    Yep the tactical side of the Shield is what you'd expect when the lead actors are getting $60k I guess. Plus the fact it's just not the done thing these days, to try and play tennis like Hingis rather than Serena, if you get what I mean.

You see it in the way they just keep feeding Rutherford's strength, his point through cover scoring zone is so monotonous. If no-one in the comp except Wells can get the red ball to swing, bowl around the wicket to him, let's see him squeeze a back of a length delivery off a fourth stump line then. The way he tries to back away to spinners to get it through that zone is such an opening to exploit, and yet Sodhi spends a good amount of time bowling over the wicket to him instead. Kippax isn't old himself, but it really is that 'got my mp3 player going, in my own little world' stuff tbh.
    Last edited by Kippax; 04-02-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International 12th Man ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Could someone please tell me how to watch the full footage on the vault.

Go here: http://highlights.blackcaps.co.nz/hi...oAZzCzjBfDeOKQ

Backspace the address bar to nothing, paste in http://highlights.blackcaps.co.nz/matches.aspx and hit enter.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    *couldn't get me out

I don't see that much wrong with his action though
    The old "play for a googly every ball and miss in by a metre if it's not" strategy then?

Yeah, very compact. Pity he can barely get it off the straight. Maybe he was referring to Ish.
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Ugh, have now watched Flynn's first morning effort. Awful.

First ball hooked for 4, second ball attempted cbf Ryder pull from a metre outside off which he toe-ended through gully (off Soper). Then Duffy smacks him in his guts the next 2 balls, before he gets a leg bye 4 and starts to settle down. Until Butler and Wells come on, edged Butler twice, Wells got close to trapping him 2 other times until he finally achieved just that.

32 runs off 40 balls.

I've been an advocate of Flynn opening. But Is this a guy who wants to open because he sees an opportunity, or a guy told to open. I'm sure even Mark Richardson could bat a little like Gordon Greenidge at domestic level if wanted to, but what's the point? Yes, we know you're not so dour at do domestic level, but do you ****ing want this or not?
    Good post. I've been advocating Flynn open for NZ too, however his deciding that he wants to be a dasher does not fill me with joy or confidence.

Hamish Rutherford, 162 vs. Northern Districts - YouTube (Seriously, cover sweeper, he might go for the shot anyway).

International 12th Man ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Go here: Video Scorecard

Backspace the address bar to nothing, paste in New Zealand Cricket - Welcome and hit enter.
    cheers

I watched Carl Cachopa's short first Innings v Auckland, and he actually ducked a good Chris Martin bouncer!
    You actually made me look that up with the filter, WAC. Periscope still shooting up, most likely still denying there's even a problem.

If he gets hot again, I'm going to need a volunteer to send a crackpot tweet and video to Steven Finn, just before the Queenstown match.

Attached Images Attached Images

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Hamish Rutherford, 162 vs. Northern Districts - YouTube (Seriously, cover sweeper, he might go for the shot anyway).
    Looks like a terrible starter. Great hand-speed though. Looks almost Ryder-esque (in a good way) when in full flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Thread Information