• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not impressed by that at all. He seems to get himself remarkably tangled up. Doesn't get his front foot across for the drives (hence the repeated plays and misses) and there were a couple of pull shots where he's had to play ugly 'get away from me' swipes because he's in no position to play it comfortably.

He's got the eye and the power and the talent to do well in U/19 cricket, but older blokes on the FC scene will work him out pretty quickly, IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not impressed by that at all. He seems to get himself remarkably tangled up. Doesn't get his front foot across for the drives (hence the repeated plays and misses) and there were a couple of pull shots where he's had to play ugly 'get away from me' swipes because he's in no position to play it comfortably.

He's got the eye and the power and the talent to do well in U/19 cricket, but older blokes on the FC scene will work him out pretty quickly, IMO.
I don't see them letting him bat any higher than 8 in an FC team if selected.
People say it is not how it is how many in cricket. But that isn't really the case when it comes to picking future strong players.
IF I remember right from the video his FD needs a bit of work - he points both feet back towards the bowler and shuffles forward. Lets not discuss his dismissal.

Anyway on the plus side for him he is young.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Another request for Jake D00ran on Youtube. Looks like Cribb is unavailable, so check in here tomorrow for this kid's video.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Picks for upcoming season (first game starts tomorrow)

Plunket Shield: Otago
One day: Wellington
HRV Cup: Northern Districts

Highest FC run-scorer: Neil Broom
Highest FC wicket-taker: Brent Arnel (yuck)
HRV Cup MVP: Scott Styris

Batting 6 in Test team at end of summer: Daniel Flynn
Current nationally contracted player who gets dropped from FC team: Tarun Nethula
Yup, very much so. So much more than a sweat band, which he was originally.

Plunket Shield: Otago
Ford Trophy: Wellington
HRV Cup: Auckland

Auckland know how to win in 20-over format, you can't overlook that. Otago will have wicket-takers coming out of their posteriors and Wellington are well overdue for a trophy. Can't wait for tomorrow
Plunket Shield: Northern Districts
One day: Central Districts

James Baker for highest first class wicket taker.
[Picks for upcoming season (first game starts tomorrow)

Plunket Shield: Wellington
One day: Wellington

Highest FC run-scorer: Jesse Ryder
Highest FC wicket-taker: Woakes
HRV Cup MVP: Scott Styris

Batting 6 in Test team at end of summer: Fanko
Current nationally contracted player who gets dropped from FC team: Tarun Nethula
Plunket Shield: Otago...chokes after Christmas they say. But this time may still win.
Wooden spoon: Canterbury
One day: Auckland
Wooden spoon: Canterbury

Highest FC run-scorer: Lou Vincent
Highest U-23: Michael Bracewell
Highest FC wicket-taker: Ish Sodhi
HRV Cup MVP: Luke Ronchi

Batting 6 in Test team at end of summer: Franklin
Plunket Shield: Wellington
Ford Trophy: Auckland
HRV Cup: Wellington

Highest FC run scorer: Murdoch
Highest FC wicket taker: Gillespie
Plunket Shield: ND.
One day: Wellingtron (they have to win something one day, surely. And the OD competition is probably the hardest to pick)

Highest FC run-scorer: Matthew Sinclair
Highest FC wicket-taker: Arnel
HRV Cup MVP: Munro

Batting 6 in Test team at end of summer: Flynn
Plunket shield: ND
HRV Cup: CD
Ford Trophy: Otago

Highest FC run scorer: Hamish Rutherford
Highest FC wicket taker: Aldridge
Earnt the right to 10 pts
Hit good areas 5 pts
Your suggestions were laughable -5 pts

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Earnt the right to 10 pts
Hit good areas 5 pts
Your suggestions were laughable -5 pts
Harsh on the blokes who picked Franklin I reckon; he's probably still only some good ODI form, a couple more of those 137km/hr thunderbolts and a few more Brownlie failures from being back there, sad as that may seem. He did spend part of the summer there too given the Plunket Shield was already underway while he playing those Tests in South Africa. Certainly no more or less laughable in hindsight than the blokes who picked Flynn anyway IMO.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There's just something a bit more embarrassing about backing Franklin, as if you lent a guy with a mediocrity addiction money to "get himself clean".

Mike5181

International Captain
What are your thoughts on Tim Seifert, Kippax? I'm not quite so pessimistic about the kids chances, but evidently there's a bit of work to be done before he'll ever be a success at the higher levels.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, quite liked his very natural-looking setup and quite naturally nimble footwork to the spinners, and the fact he at least values the straight face. His pull shot is pretty unsightly, but also worth remembering they declared within half an hour of his dismissal.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Hit footowork to the quicks isn't incredible but he seems to play it late and adjusts for movement pretty well there. Who's the Brett Lee clone btw?

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic footage Kippax - you have my vote in BOTM until the end.

Seifert looked more composed in that knock. Still didn't care for his FD.

The NZ attack did not have classic bowling actions. That is a polite way of saying they were not very good. With the exception I think of the second medium pacer in the clip.