• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
They'll be lucky to get 200 now.

It's Wellington though. They can still find a way to lose this.

Yep 198 all out. Gillespie and Woodcock finish them off.

Blain

U19 Captain
2 sweet Jinx's in one page. Hardly uncommon in NZ cricket though is it.

C'mon Henry, another 6 for please.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington looking quite well established now. No real run-rate pressure, so I reckon that one of either Franklin or Elliot should get us close enough to win the game.

Blain

U19 Captain
Should be going to England for ODIs only I reckon. Dont pick him for the T20s though... He would hoop the ball over there. Would love to see a bowling squad of;

Neesham
McCullum
Southee
Mills
McCleneghan

Milne
Henry
Boult (if there is space, dont rate him with the white ball atm, should be test only for now I reckon. Ditto with Bracewell)

Mike5181

International Captain
I personally don't see how you can leave Matt Henry out of the ODI squad now. What's his record now? 35 wickets @ 14 or something similar. Throw in the fact he's averaging 18 with the ball in first-class, and he can be useful with the bat at times. He has to at least make the squad.

Flem274*

123/5
Yep he's freakish atm. Came into FC and OD as a teenager and dominated from the word go.

Any word on whether McCullum, McClenaghan and Vettori will be good to go for England yet?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Milne should be playing ODIs atm. Gets smashed enough in the HRV Cup and Ford Trophy.
I think ODI's is certainly a better bet for him than T20's. And he's actually done alright in List A's. 9 wickets in 4 matches at 26 and with an econ rate of 6 isn't bad (given how ridiculously high scoring this seasons Ford Trophy has been). Not a patch on Henry or Mills though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we should totally give Henry the Tim Southee treatment :dry:
Southee really hadn't done anything spectacular when he was called into the Black Caps. Had taken about 30 wickets at 28 apiece when he was called in, iirc. Good for a 19 year old, but nothing out of the ordinary (Milne, Small and Wheeler have all done comparably well in their first couple of seasons and none of them are anywhere near a test callup). The real reason he was brought into the side was because of his performance in the U19 World Cup (which really should've counted for sfa given how low the standard in u19 cricket is compared to FC cricket).

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
True, it was more based on U19s. And Henry is 21, not 19 like Southee was.

Do we think it's a good idea to have him play ODIs first or wait for tests? I'm torn on this issue though usually in favour of saving for tests. I tend to think most bowlers' test performances are affected negatively by playing ODIs however for a few (e.g. Bond) I think it helped them.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
That U19 World Cup. Our bowling attack was Southee, Boult, Bracewell, Anderson.

In Malaysia. Was hard to stop the ball swinging IIRC.