• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anyway. I watched Gillespies opening spell on the vault, and while he is not booming thru the crease - he bowled a very good spell. Prob beat the bat almost 20 times in the 6 overs.

Several to lift, as well as the Devcich's dismissal (which Devcich's not happy about). He also ballooned one each off shoulder of Flynn's and Hickey's bat.

Didn't bother watching his last spell, which also got him 3 wickets, but was the slog overs.

Blain

U19 Captain
Commentators today saying he bowls a deceptively heavy ball and get's more bounce than one might expect.
Yeah when he played for NZ he was bowling high 130's, I was thinking late 120's when I've seen him elsewhere. His batting has a pretty high ceiling also, should go over to England as an all rounder. Didn't get bowled enough when he played for NZ btw. McCullum with his Franklin loving..

Immenso

Some thoughts on NZ ODI make-up, with Ford Trophy round-robin over now. Couple if things standing out to me.

Derek de Boorder's keeping. I have seen him standing up to the stumps this year to Butler, Duffy, Neesham etc. he has 4 stumping (in 8 games) this season. He is also averaging 46 with the bat this season, and averages 36 in his career.

If you have read 'The Old Batsman' blog on Hampshires keeper (who can't bat, but is awesome standing up to quicks) - it gave me a different appreciation of the (currently unmeasured) value of good keeping in short formats. With batsmen moving around crease to turn Yorkers in full tosses or half volleys. A keeper who keeps a batsman in his crease makes the bowlers job much easier.

Kippax, I don't know how to use that filter, can you upload all his stumpings?

The other thing standing out to me is Nethula's season and career List A record compared to N McCullum. Nathan doesn't match up.I think we need a spin option that has a wicket taking threat. I know Nethula had "attitude" problem and fell out with current mgmt.

This probably reads like an anti-McCullums post. But I'm actually OK with Brendan as captain now. Although his keeping has looked rusty in the first few games of a series (he looks much chunkier these days). N McCullum is OK for me in T20 team.

Last edited:

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some thoughts on NZ ODI make-up, with Ford Trophy round-robin over now. Couple if things standing out to me.

Derek de Boorder's keeping. I have seen him standing up to the stumps this year to Butler, Duffy, Neesham etc. he has 4 stumping (in 8 games) this season. He is also averaging 46 with the bat this season, and averages 36 in his career.

If you have read 'The Old Batsman' blog on Hampshires keeper (who can't bat, but is awesome standing up to quicks) - it gave me a different appreciation of the (currently unmeasured) value of good keeping in short formats. With batsmen moving around crease to turn Yorkers in full tosses or half volleys. A keeper who keeps a batsman in his crease makes the bowlers job much easier.

Kippax, I don't know how to use that filter, can you upload all his stumpings

The other thing standing out to me is Nethula's season and career List A record compared to N McCullum. Nathan doesn't match up.I think we need a spin option that has a wicket taking threat. I know Nethula had "attitude" problem and fell out with current mgmt.

This probably reads like an anti-McCullums post. But I'm actually OK with Brendan as captain now. Although his keeping has looked rusty in the first few games of a series (he looks much chunkier these days). N McCullum is OK for me in T20 team.
Looks like we have good depth in wicketkeepers, its a shame we don't have the same depth in spin bowling and batsman.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure he used to read this forum. Keep baiting him. See what he does next game.
I find this completely bizarre tbh. If I was a domestic/international cricketer I would be tempted, but think would stay away from cricket forums and a lot of the cricket news and opinion pieces too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Derek De Boorder's been a little unlucky to always be a nearly-man for NZ so far in his career. Will surely get a chance at some point, though I'm not sure in which format - tests looking very unlikely now that Watling and probably Ronchi have leap-frogged him... and it will be tough to get a limited overs gig too with McCullum keeping and Watling and Ronchi (probably) around the team too.

Immenso

Ronchi's FC batting this year was awesome. He's been injured around the Ford Trophy time. Plus welly top order been scoring all the runs anyway.

On his keeping: I didn't notice him standing up to the stumps. Tugaga 125km out swingers would benefit from someone standing up.

Not saying he doesn't stand up. I don't go out of my way to look at the keeping, I just keep seeing de Boorder standing up when looking at batting or bowling video of other players.

Jezroy

State Captain
I find this completely bizarre tbh. If I was a domestic/international cricketer I would be tempted, but think would stay away from cricket forums and a lot of the cricket news and opinion pieces too.
Some people just can't help themselves, and it's human nature to be inquisitive.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Milne's bowling is looking pretty loopy there. Don't reckon he has much of a pace edge over any of the other domestic bowlers atm. Bennett looked quicker for me.

Jezroy

State Captain
I'd probably still have 30,000+ posts.
It would be awesome if one of the CW posters around the McHesson takeover was Ross Taylor.

"Man, not sure what is up with those guys. The way they treated was Ross was just ****. Not calling Hesson a liar, but I reckon he isn't telling the truth."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I always used to think I'd be told to can it with the posting if I actually was an international cricketer, but what these blokes post on twitter makes me think I'd be sweet.