Cricket Player Manager
Page 155 of 221 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    It was a good ball, full in swinger from the left-armer.
    Looked like a half volley to me and Ryder just couldn't be ****ed covering the line.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Bowling action slightly unconventional but I love it - reckon his arms are made of elastic. Noticeable drop in pace for the later wickets but there was a lot of zip for the earlier ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Looked like a half volley to me and Ryder just couldn't be ****ed covering the line.
    Yep just camped on the back foot trying to hit the ball through the boundary hoardings. Nearly got out to the half-volley on the previous delivery.

If he bats the same in Test cricket he'll be complete fodder.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Bowling action slightly unconventional but I love it - reckon his arms are made of elastic. Noticeable drop in pace for the later wickets but there was a lot of zip for the earlier ones.
    Bloody hell you're right, his arm is pretty crazy. That must be helping with the amount of swing he is getting. Also the kid was getting tonnes of movement off the pitch - looked bloody green.

Has he got much promise?

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Bloody hell you're right, his arm is pretty crazy. That must be helping with the amount of swing he is getting. Also the kid was getting tonnes of movement off the pitch - looked bloody green.

Has he got much promise?
    Well based on those highlights definitely. Think that arm elasticity (hyperextension? Dunno if that's the right word or not) helps him put a fair bit of backspin on the ball during release which surely helps with swing and hitting the seam.

Should aim to be the world's best Indian fast bowler and then some time after that he might play for NZ

He's on the right channel, but Plunket Promise sets a pretty low bar.

Jeets wins another one for Warwickshire - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Verma looks promising imo.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer CharlesLara's Avatar
    ahh good ol Dusan doing what he does best, single handedly tear an opposition apart. Known him for yonks, as his younger brother and I are close friends and Dusan was, and in alot of ways still is a cricketing phenom. Since his days at the great Kelston Boys High School (same side as Michael Bates, Ronnie Hira), the dude has been earmarked for big things and just never really got the opportunity befitting of his unbelievable talent. Has a club triple century from his younger days and every season continues to pull off unbelievable innings.

Easily one of the most feared bats going around the Auckland Premier Club scene and was our saving grace last season on so many occasions, much like he was for the Aces. I still remember a few club games we had, (played in his side for years until this year when he moved to Grafton Cricket Club) against a Parnell team which had a certain C.Martin opening the bowling, making absolute mince meat of our batting lineup, except Dusan (and Anaru Kitchen) who scored a ton at a run a ball. Same thing when Daryll Tuffey made his club debut for Suburbs New Lynn a few years back, got a 5 fer, Dusan charged him within his first 6 balls and hit managed to hit him for 6 over his head. The guy is the epitome of swagger at the crease, and usually gets himself out once in which is one of the small ****ty complaints, along with his even increasing attitude problems which stem from his frustration at not getting a proper chance at First Class level, which he fully deserves.

Dude has dominated almost every line up he has come across at more than a run a ball for years, as in only just getting the recognition an chance he deserves. Unfortunately for him, with an Auckland Cricket setup run by Paul Strang which prides itself in old fashioned boring personalities and over-coaching, an exceptionally gifted talent like Dusan will more than likely get shunned before he propped up, although his last innings will pick himself.

Another fun fact, is an international rugby player for Croatia, as his mum is of Croatian ethnicity and his dad Maori.
    The world just doesn't understand leg spin

I don't care if Rutherford/Bracewell also scored runs, Broom back in the runs is guuuuun.

Bring back broom

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Urghhhhh...I hate red wine.

Anyway, Flynn is making a pretty big statement with this innings.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Urghhhhh...I hate red wine.

Anyway, Flynn is making a pretty big statement with this innings.
    Looks like Bates and Bartlett are injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    F##k, Rutherford out for 90. He seems to get out in the 90's a bit.. Then back it up with a low score.

I think he looks a like good player, he's no Ingram or anything. Seems to take a bit to get underway, but seems to carry on with starts. International cricket? Not yet. Needs to iron a few things out first. I think he could be a great one day player, but his record is poor there. Hopefully he can get some scores and make the A teams (which he will regardless), and progress to the Blackcaps that way.
    Haven't seen much of him, but he always seems to hit a lot of boundaries and has a good strike rate. I think I read him joking that his dad's batting was "too slow"

edit: speaking of guys who hit a lot of boundaries - M Bracewell just out for 190.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 24-01-2013 at 08:11 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Looks like Bates and Bartlett are injured.
    Jeez, yeah. Only five overs between them, half the number Tim McIntosh has bowled! So the Auckland bowling attack has basically been Martin M, Martin B, an overworked Colin de Grandhomme and a load of old tosh.

Flynn looks such a good player when he is batting well, and I hope he makes a comeback to the national team at some point after his SA disasters - and while 166 scored off Tim McIntosh is nice, it is probably not a definitive statement of class and form.

Love it when NZ domestic sides rack up 500+. NZ batsmen are not typically well practiced at batting long periods of time and scoring BIG hundreds, and that continues into the international arena. Often (when we face teams that don't bowl us out for 47) that comes down to simple lack of patience.

Thread Information