• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Blain

U19 Captain
After seeing Munro in international cricket, I'm suprised at how well he has done for Auckland. He gives the ball a good thump, but really looked lacking in technique. Henry gets him first ball, gun.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It makes sense when you look at the Canterbury bowling figures; Henry is quality and has 5/35, while the rest are very hittable mediocre medium pace or spin.

Makes you wonder if it would have been worth Canterbury giving Henry a couple more overs at Munro and De Grandhomme early on.

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It makes sense when you look at the Canterbury bowling figures; Henry is quality and has 5/35, while the rest are very hittable mediocre medium pace or spin.

Makes you wonder if it would have been worth Canterbury giving Henry a couple more overs at Munro and De Grandhomme early on.
Just what I was thinking. Henry's stats look fantastic, is he really that good?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just what I was thinking. Henry's stats look fantastic, is he really that good?
Well, if you're asking whether Henry will finish his career with an FC average of 18 and a list A average of 12, then no, he's not that good. His figures will go upwards soon enough. But in the last couple of years, he's definitely been one of the most consistent, if not the most consistent, of the young fast bowlers in the country (including the ones currently playing for New Zealand). Whether that translates to wickets in international cricket...well I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

EDIT: Grabs one more wicket to finish with 6/45.

Last edited:

Wright

Well, if you're asking whether Henry will finish his career with an FC average of 18 and a list A average of 12, then no, he's not that good. His figures will go upwards soon enough. But in the last couple of years, he's definitely been one of the most consistent, if not the most consistent, of the young fast bowlers in the country (including the ones currently playing for New Zealand). Whether that translates to wickets in international cricket...well I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Cheers for that, that list A stat is unreal! Has anybody seen him bowl, does he get much movement etc? Didn't he smash the South Africans around a few years ago as well?

Mike5181

International Captain
Cheers for that, that list A stat is unreal! Has anybody seen him bowl, does he get much movement etc? Didn't he smash the South Africans around a few years ago as well?
There's some footage of him on Youtube if you want to check that out.

Birdman

Cricket Spectator
How ****ing ridiculous are both List A games going on ATM. They must be playing on artificial... with a beach ball.

Blain

U19 Captain
God thats good. He has a nice straight action, gets very nice away movement. When I've seen him he's not overally quick, 135-140kph I would have thought. After returning from back problems and getting 14 wickets in 3 50 over games, it's pretty amazing. Him, Wheeler and Milne need to have good winters to iron out fitness problems.

Wright

God thats good. He has a nice straight action, gets very nice away movement. When I've seen him he's not overally quick, 135-140kph I would have thought. After returning from back problems and getting 14 wickets in 3 50 over games, it's pretty amazing. Him, Wheeler and Milne need to have good winters to iron out fitness problems.
Looks pretty good on youtube, yip bowling around the mid 130s in that SA clip, how bad were his back problems?