Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 221 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

  1. #211
    International Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    5,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Veez View Post
    Oh, apparently the match is over. I could've sworn there was still a few overs left. Maybe they called it a draw early, don't see why they would though considering how close the match was.
    Yeah I thought I saw that there were 25 overs left. Strange.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DG Brownlie, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

  2. #212
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,356
    Pretty poor return for Wagner. I only saw him bowl some of the first innings but he didn't look as accurate as he did in the ODIs and wasn't getting much swing or seam either.

    Hadn't seen a huge amount of Wells before but looks like would be a handy 4th seamer at international level... but batting 6 would be too high for him right now. Being a tall left-hander with backlift in stance, looked a little Oram-like.

  3. #213
    State Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,805
    Good to see Deeks back giving it a decent lick again. When he was 17-18 he slapped it all around the show, then he went into a stonewall phase where absolutely no word of a lie, he modelled his game on Todd Astle. Surprisingly he played very little FC cricket in that time. Obviously went to Otago and changed it round.

    Send off at 0:53 so, so lame. Well done mr quickie, the most masculine and honourable fastb bowling dismissal - caught at deep mid in the final overs.

    And Kip (if I may call you that) where did you get the different angle from? Swear I saw the big six over deep mid/nick out to the keeper from the other angle when I watched the first one-dayer on feed.

  4. #214
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    Good to see Deeks back giving it a decent lick again. When he was 17-18 he slapped it all around the show, then he went into a stonewall phase where absolutely no word of a lie, he modelled his game on Todd Astle.
    Freaky Deeky. Selectors did tell him his FC run output wasn't quite good enough to pip the little man. It might make some sense to position himself as 'the new McGlashan' and be there if there's a Watling or Latham flop with the gloves.

    Yep the pooch camera (or the video vault's camera) is mounted at the opposite end from the streaming one I've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT


  5. #215
    U19 12th Man Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    243
    Cricket | Frustration boils over in NZ, India A... | Stuff.co.nz

    Thats what happened in the NZ A game... Sounds like a heated affair.

    Latham is the only keeper for Canterbury this year isnt he? I think he could be a great top order keeper. Needs another year at least playing only Domestic stuff, let him cement his spot in Canterbury, which would probably be number 4? Worker, Cachopa, Fulton, maybe 5 with Stewart there.

  6. #216
    State 12th Man Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post

    Latham is the only keeper for Canterbury this year isnt he? I think he could be a great top order keeper. Needs another year at least playing only Domestic stuff, let him cement his spot in Canterbury, which would probably be number 4? Worker, Cachopa, Fulton, maybe 5 with Stewart there.
    Brad Cachopa has transferred to Canterbury, so he is another keeper, although has played as a specialist batsman in his FC career so far.

  7. #217
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    10,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Cricket | Frustration boils over in NZ, India A... | Stuff.co.nz

    Thats what happened in the NZ A game... Sounds like a heated affair.

    Latham is the only keeper for Canterbury this year isnt he? I think he could be a great top order keeper. Needs another year at least playing only Domestic stuff, let him cement his spot in Canterbury, which would probably be number 4? Worker, Cachopa, Fulton, maybe 5 with Stewart there.
    Welcome to the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

  8. #218
    State 12th Man Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    792
    Second 'test' against India A has started.

    N Wagner is 12th man. Replaced by Rutherford.

    Looks like the following starting XI:
    GH Worker, TWM Latham, HD Rutherford, NT Broom, DG Brownlie, RA Young (c) (wk), LJ Woodcock, SR Wells, TS Nethula, BJ Arnel, AJ McKay

    So only 2 proper seamers, on an early-season October wicket. Seems odd to me. I know their are multiple purposes to an 'A' match ... but still weird.

    Also I would have thought giving T Boult a game in one of these matches would have been a decent build up for him to the tests in a month v Sri Lanka.

  9. #219
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ak, NZ (but supporting ND)
    Posts
    264
    2nd FC game just started

    live scoring here

    Rutherford playing, Wagner 12th man, so more bowling for Wells / Woodcock / Worker. Boult was in the squad shown on Cricinfo but not playing for some reason.

    Important game for Tom Latham and Neil Broom, another good score and they could move ahead of Brownlie to be the 2nd reserve test batsman (behind 1st reserve Watling, and assuming Ryder not considered).

    Looks like India A are rotating their squad, a couple getting their first (and only) game of the tour.

    (edit - bingo !!! was typing my post at the same time as Immenso)
    Last edited by vandem; 02-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.

  10. #220
    State 12th Man Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    792
    It's a shame Adam Milne has spent a month or so in Asia, bowling 24 balls. Instead of in Lincoln on a green(ish) early season wickets bowling a red ball at quality international batsmen. We might have actually learnt something.
    Last edited by Immenso; 02-10-2012 at 08:30 PM.

  11. #221
    International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City of Sails
    Posts
    4,197
    Quote Originally Posted by vandem View Post
    2nd FC game just started

    live scoring here

    Rutherford playing, Wagner 12th man, so more bowling for Wells / Woodcock / Worker. Boult was in the squad shown on Cricinfo but not playing for some reason.

    Important game for Tom Latham and Neil Broom, another good score and they could move ahead of Brownlie to be the 2nd reserve test batsman (behind 1st reserve Watling, and assuming Ryder not considered).

    Looks like India A are rotating their squad, a couple getting their first (and only) game of the tour.

    (edit - bingo !!! was typing my post at the same time as Immenso)
    Yeah, I hope Broom scores a decent amount of runs.

  12. #222
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    1,366
    Arnel still doing enough to suggest he could be effective, but really we know he isn't.

    Has cricket in NZ ever been so poor? I actually ff through sports news that feature the black caps. In fact I was | --- | close to writing Black Craps.

    Sigh.

  13. #223
    State 12th Man Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    792
    India A treating the under-powered NZ A bowling line-up with appropriate ease. This selection It’s a bit of an insult to pie-charts everywhere. Although pies may be appropriate.

    Luke Woodcock bowling 8 overs on day 1. I doubt he would bowl 8 overs even for Wellington on the first day of FC match at this stage of the season.

    Opportunity. Wasted.

  14. #224
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    8,112
    While I'd like to see Boult playing, I can understand why he's been left out. He's a test regular for New Zealand afterall. It'd be like India A including Umesh Yadav (although iirc we have played Martin in A level First Class matches before). Still I'm gutted with the choice of seamers. I can understand including one or two journeyman in the A team, but I'd like to see a youngster in there as well. Is Bevan Small injured again? If not, it's a real pity that he wasn't included in the squad.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 02-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  15. #225
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,356
    I think we need to implement the 'Arnel test', similar to the 'Sinclair test' from a while ago. If a domestic bowler is not able to outperform Arnel this domestic season then they shouldn't be considered for the NZ side. Occasional exceptions for promising bowlers such as Doug Bracewell.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The man who revolutionised cricket
    By C_C in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 16-06-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. New cricket gear for the new season
    By Jakester1288 in forum Coaching and Equipment Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:52 AM
  4. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •