• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
mitchell, boam and worker in the runs, good start to this round
edit: and Wheeler bowling well

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand Cricket - NZ and Australia Under-19 teams to square off in Lincoln | Squad named

NZ and Australia Under-19 teams to square off in Lincoln | Squad named

The New Zealand Under-19 side will host their Australian counterparts in three One Day matches and a Three Day match at Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Lincoln beginning March 30.

The tour will run over 10 days, with the Multi-Day fixture kicking things off before the first of the 50 over matches begins April 2.

NZ Under-19 squad:

Tim Seifert – Northern Districts
Jeremy Benton – Canterbury
Nick Blundell – Central Districts
Henry Collier – Central Districts
Leo Carter – Canterbury
Cameron Gibbons – Northern Districts
Shawn Hicks – Auckland
Jack Hunter – Otago
Kyle Jamieson – Auckland
Harley Jenkins – Northern Districts
Ken McClure – Canterbury
Arana Noema-Barnett – Central Districts
Kurtley Watson – Northern Districts
Dane Watson – Auckland
Ryan Watson – Central Districts
Rakitha Weerasundara – Wellington

General Manager National Selection Kim Littlejohn said: “The players involved in this series are some of the future stars of New Zealand Cricket and have shown considerable promise on their way to selection.

“It’s a great opportunity for them to get a taste of the game at a higher level and is another step forward in their on-going development.

“We look forward to watching their progress during the series.“
Robbie O'Donnell must've flat-out given up the game this summer. Chapman, he's presumably flagged his NZ ambitions as well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what it is for a regular U19 fixture. I think if they are selecting squads with an eye towards the next World Cup in February 2014, it'd be September 1994.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Now what was Ryder doing bowling the last over :dry: Very bizzare captaincy looking at those bowling figures.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, Franky's not exactly Braveheart. It's one thing to bowl a 50th for NZ when asked, but he's not going to puff his chest out as captain and take a clutch moment.

Jesse does hit the hole pretty well in T20 tbf, and can be trusted more than anyone to not fret himself into the yips.

Blain

U19 Captain
I'm glad I didnt go watch the game at the Basin yesterday, that Wellington bowling line up is the most laboured i've heard in a long time. Elliott bowling 9 overs? zzzz. Any reason why Boam isn't bowling? Piss poor from Franko if he isn't injurred.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Basing this only on the video scorecard, but good to see some sharp quality keeping in the ND v Otago match. De Boorder standing up to Butler, also took two catches while standing up to Wells. While Fletcher took a catch standing up to the spinner ( and a smartish catch off Arnel)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket: Teen punishes Northland | Northern Advocate

Northland's aspirations of winning the Fergus Hickey competition were ruined by a stunning double ton by Waikato Valley youngster Tim Seifert on Saturday.

The talented number-four batsman, who recently celebrated his 18th birthday, scored an unbeaten 230 batting for over five and half hours on a brilliant surface at Cobham Oval to sink Northland chances of pipping the Bay of Plenty for first place in the overall competition.
https://www.crichq.com/matches/32945

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Henry Walsh too old, I assume? When's the cut off date for being U19?
Also no McDougall. Who topped the tournament batting averages. Mostly due to one innings, but an unbeaten 200 might have been enough.

But, god knows the criteria anyway.
Did anyone even know this was scheduled? Not in any itinerary/schedules that I had seen.

Of the U19 players I had heard of; Duffy, O'Donnell, Seiffert, Walsh. Only one of them in the squad. Not that I think Duffy needs this extra series at this stage anyway ...