• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Excellent chase by Wellington. Should get the 55 from 48 required from here. I'm amazed Papps has had such a good season - really seemed a spent force a little while ago.
Yeah, it's a bit like how Elliott is playing useful innings for NZ just a couple of months after we were advocating his Wellington dropping.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Papps and Murdoch are showing why the N McCullum school of non-wicket-taking spinners is becoming obsolete.

I like Mattress, but it's Papps (I dunno if I've ever heard of Murdoch). If he is allowed to milk 5 an over during the middle overs without ever having their wicket threatened...We can do better, basically.
Why is he called 'Mattress'? For the obvious reasons? Or something more subtle and witty, and less laddish and puerile?

Great win for Welly. Pleased to see Murdoch in the runs and at a decent clip as well.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Excellent chase by Wellington. Should get the 55 from 48 required from here. I'm amazed Papps has had such a good season - really seemed a spent force a little while ago.
He is getting his runs quicker than I ever remember as well. The evergreen Michael Papps.

Blain

U19 Captain
Saw him at Countdown the other day after a hundred, looked like he was still in his early 20's!

Shame Mitchell missed a hundred, but an exciting first day of list A matches. Am I the only one who loves 1 dayers? They are a great mix of the other formats, in T/20 you have a couple bad overs and you'r screwed. I like the balance you get in 50 over games.

Cachopa, gun. Never thought I would say that after last season for Wellington, really battled. Good on him, still very young, but we really are light on young batters coming through. Him, Rutherford, Latham, Young, Mitchell, Boam and Anderson are carrying the next hope really.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Saw him at Countdown the other day after a hundred, looked like he was still in his early 20's!

Shame Mitchell missed a hundred, but an exciting first day of list A matches. Am I the only one who loves 1 dayers? They are a great mix of the other formats, in T/20 you have a couple bad overs and you'r screwed. I like the balance you get in 50 over games.

Cachopa, gun. Never thought I would say that after last season for Wellington, really battled. Good on him, still very young, but we really are light on young batters coming through. Him, Rutherford, Latham, Young, Mitchell, Boam and Anderson are carrying the next hope really.
I like the balance you get in 50 over games too. M Bracewell is another young batsman who has done reasonably well this season..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I like the balance you get in 50 over games too. M Bracewell is another young batsman who has done reasonably well this season..
he's tall with long levers, yet seems to just flick his wrists and it goes for six.

I watched him warm up with throwdowns and he times everything. Minimal effort and the ball races from his bat.

One to watch next season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I realise the match was all but over and didn't matter, but surely that struck a good 15cm outside offstump.

Have seen a fair few suspect lbw calls this season on the video scorecards tbh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn's lbw surely pitched outside leg too.

Way back for Flynn into NZ team might be to score one-day runs - we're short of ODI openers at the moment and he doesn't have the same unfortunate 'tried and failed' air in limited overs as tests.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn's lbw surely pitched outside leg too.

Way back for Flynn into NZ team might be to score one-day runs - we're short of ODI openers at the moment and he doesn't have the same unfortunate 'tried and failed' air in limited overs as tests.
It won't happen because he's been (erroneously) pigen-holed.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I realise the match was all but over and didn't matter, but surely that struck a good 15cm outside offstump.

Have seen a fair few suspect lbw calls this season on the video scorecards tbh
I thought it looked like Young missed his one and it brushed his shirt although hard to be sure from that angle. As Bill Lawry says, you need a bit of luck.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
While we're talking about domestic umpiring, radiosport strongly suggesting Bradchopa either hit his lbw, where the ball ended up at the fine leg boundary, or it was going down leg.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and ***ual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty."

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
"They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and ***ual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty."

Big Jesse was born 1984 :blink:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, just a forecast. For those thinking Jesse's eventually coming back pristine and good as new. :(