• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Came in to post exactly this. Hamish Bidwell really is quite butthurt.
"CD's own arsenal aren't the most fearsome around." :laugh:

Yep, they've only Bracewell and the three fastest bowlers in the domestic comp. Not fearsome at all!

jcas0167

International Debutant
CD coming back down to earth, probably a bit unfair having to play so soon after the Plunket Shield triumph. Good confidence boost for Boult & Southee.

Mike5181

International Captain
To be fair to Milne, his first seven overs were rubbish, but he came back at the death and bowled two cheap overs, and picked up a couple of wickets. 64/3 isn't too bad.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not too worried about Milne being ****e in List A. He's always been expensive in that format iirc and this is his first game back so he was always going to be rusty.

So naturally the selectors pick him for ODIs and 20/20.
Agreed.

If he stays fit he's going to England, Ford Trophy figures be damned if he gets hit. You heard it here first. If he or Gillespie are running on all cylinders I'd have one as part of a four man pace attack in tests straight away.
Agreed.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe my eyes - Ellis scored 49 from 27 balls :huh:. Didn't expect he was capable of scoring that quickly even at domestic level.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rossco getting in some solid preparation here for the first test, currently working hard on the familiar 'I'm not out in my 20s, we're 5 down for less than a hundred and I'm batting with the wicketkeeper... again' scenario. A perfectionist that Rossco, having already practised the same scenario a couple other times in the previous week.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington are making a decent fist of this chase. 170 off 20 overs with 9 wickets in hand is well within the realms of possibility.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Papps and Murdoch are showing why the N McCullum school of non-wicket-taking spinners is becoming obsolete.

I like Mattress, but it's Papps (I dunno if I've ever heard of Murdoch). If he is allowed to milk 5 an over during the middle overs without ever having their wicket threatened...We can do better, basically.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Papps and Murdoch are showing why the N McCullum school of non-wicket-taking spinners is becoming obsolete.

I like Mattress, but it's Papps (I dunno if I've ever heard of Murdoch). If he is allowed to milk 5 an over during the middle overs without ever having their wicket threatened...We can do better, basically.
Murdoch has been building quite an impressive record over the last few seasons and seems to be back in form after early struggles this season after becoming captain. He rose to prominence after scoring 225 not out off 157 balls in a 50 over Under 23 game a few years ago.

Stephen Murdoch’s name was on every cricket followers lips In January after his commanding match winning 225 not out off just 157 balls to help the Powerade Wellington U23s to an exhilarating 50-over win over their Auckland annual counterparts at the inaugural National U23 tournament at Lincoln.

Chasing 356 for victory, Murdoch batted beautifully to guide us to a hugely satisfying 3-wicket win with 5 balls to spare. Starting off slowly he then exploded and his innings eventually included 156 runs in boundaries. He cleared the boundary rope to hit the winning runs off the first ball of the last over.

The double century for Murdoch came hot on the heels of his scores of 79 and 156 against Otago in the three-day tournament opener earlier in the week. In four innings he scored 498 runs, using this tournament as a springboard to forcing his way into the Wellington Firebirds for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent chase by Wellington. Should get the 55 from 48 required from here. I'm amazed Papps has had such a good season - really seemed a spent force a little while ago.