• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Can't beleive that Marshall was bowling when Sodhi was not. Had 24 overs of offies from Jono Boult too so...

Is Sodhi just not bowling or something?

Also;

Hawke Cup starts today

BOP Side: Peter Drysdale (captain) Joe Carter, Bharat Popli, Tom MacRury, Scott Steward, Brett Hampton, Mitch McCann, Tim Clarke, Sean Davey, Tony Goodin, Tommy Clout

4 strong pace attack (Davey/Hampton/Goodin/Clout) Steward SLA, McCann ROS and MacRury ROS will provide spinning options.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Sodhi has been replaced by Patel in the NZ XI game next week, injured. Don't know what sort of injury.

khodder

Anyone know much about the Canterbury Country Lineup?

AR Andrews, TWG Hills, DH Fulton (c) (wk), MR Laffey, AW Robertson, RM Frew, LD Bartholomeusz, G Foulkes, WSA Williams, DWT Fleming, SG Chamberlain

I assume Fulton will be a key wicket.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know much about the Canterbury Country Lineup?

AR Andrews, TWG Hills, DH Fulton (c) (wk), MR Laffey, AW Robertson, RM Frew, LD Bartholomeusz, G Foulkes, WSA Williams, DWT Fleming, SG Chamberlain

I assume Fulton will be a key wicket.
Is that Robbie Frew? Used to play for Canterbury many, many moons ago if it is.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes it is, a 42-year-old Robbie Frew.

Nicol has been out for a quite some time now due to personal reasons. "Hope you're all happy, not everyone has Anton's mental strength" - The Guru.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Duck for Joey Yovich today. After 2 centuries before Christmas, he hasn't scored many and at age 36 this may have been his last game.

I recall seeing him as an 18-19 year old playing for ND, nippy seamer getting good bounce, clean striking left hander batsmen, remarked to my mate that he would be the next Hadlee. Didn't quite turn old that way, but he's been part of an experienced ND side that has won more than it's share of silverware.

Three State Shield final wins show the way his career changed. In 2002/03 he was an opening bowler who knocked the top of the Auckland innings, dismissing Matt Horne and Mark Richardson in his first two overs, and from 3-18 they didn't recover. In 2004/05 he was an all rounder, a useful 17 (28) helped ND to 190, and took 3 wickets as ND won by 20 runs. In 2008/09, he was a lower order batsman and his 78* (76) was the highest score of the game.

2002/3 scoreboard
2004/5 scoreboard
2008/9 scoreboard

khodder

Went out and saw 6 or 8 overs of the Hawke Cup game in the lunch break. Canterbury Country's bowling lineup looked rather weak, not a lot to it.

Joe Carter (Ready made replacement to open for ND in the Plunket Shield) was looking good.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah there it is I think, Flynn's wicket most likely the crux, Mitchell as well I guess. Nice for Phlegm that it's Wheeler.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Duck for Joey Yovich today. After 2 centuries before Christmas, he hasn't scored many and at age 36 this may have been his last game.

I recall seeing him as an 18-19 year old playing for ND, nippy seamer getting good bounce, clean striking left hander batsmen, remarked to my mate that he would be the next Hadlee. Didn't quite turn old that way, but he's been part of an experienced ND side that has won more than it's share of silverware.

Three State Shield final wins show the way his career changed. In 2002/03 he was an opening bowler who knocked the top of the Auckland innings, dismissing Matt Horne and Mark Richardson in his first two overs, and from 3-18 they didn't recover. In 2004/05 he was an all rounder, a useful 17 (28) helped ND to 190, and took 3 wickets as ND won by 20 runs. In 2008/09, he was a lower order batsman and his 78* (76) was the highest score of the game.

2002/3 scoreboard
2004/5 scoreboard
2008/9 scoreboard
Nice write-up

khodder

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Michael Pollard needs to get some club form under his belt ASAP.

khodder

It scares me that the top wicket takers in the plunket shield this season are;

Brent Arnel, Mark Gillespie, Ian Butler and Ryan McCone. It especially scares me that Ryan McCone has 37 wickets @ 20 this season.

It sacres me that the top three run scorers in the plunket sheild this season are Aaron Redmond, Peter Fulton and Michael Papps.

Birghtsides - Ben Wheeler has 16 wickets @ 21, Jeet Raval 750 runs @46

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It scares me that the top wicket takers in the plunket shield this season are;

Brent Arnel, Mark Gillespie, Ian Butler and Ryan McCone. It especially scares me that Ryan McCone has 37 wickets @ 20 this season.

It sacres me that the top three run scorers in the plunket sheild this season are Aaron Redmond, Peter Fulton and Michael Papps.

Birghtsides - Ben Wheeler has 16 wickets @ 21, Jeet Raval 750 runs @46
Just on the bowlers. Does it scare you because you don't think they're any good? Or because its the same old, same old?

I was actually thinking recently how bloody good Arnel is at this level, and that it was a shame he didn't take the step up. Well, I should be careful with the use of the word "shame" as I am now about to say their is no shame in being a good FC cricketer who can't make the leap up to test cricket. He's a very good bowler and his record is admirable, only been about 7 or 8 seasons in FC cricket and he performs every year and has rocketed to 250 odd wickets.

Whenever I have watched him live at PS games, he looks really lively, good pace and steep bounce. Disappointing when it only relates to 129kph and dead straight at test level though. (although his last test was a shocker)

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
The stats don't tell the whole story there. In the absence of Southee and Boult, Arnel has been a lone ranger for most of the season (and is a good domestic bowler anyway). Likewise with Gillespie. Butler is in the form of his life and McCone has been the leader of a second string attack. Those bowlers both performed very well and stayed fit, which the likes of Wheeler, Bartlett, Milne and Small didn't. Henry and Bennett also missed most of the season with surgeries.

This is Fulton's first big season in a while and Papps stats can gagf. Got a double ton from declaration bowling and really has been a liability for Wellington, along with Brodie and Murdoch. Redmond is just weird. He got dropped last season.

edit: is T Mac injured or is his career, along with that of Reece Young, over?

Last edited: