• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Seriously odd bowling changes from Murdoch at times this season. Just seems to believe in the big names and doesn't bowl others enough. Gillespie and Patel have bowled 18 and 20+ respectively, Kuggs 10 and then Tuggs and Boam less than 10.

Tuggs comes on and finally gets Redmond out. I seem to remember similar patterns all season.
Struck me as a very stange appointment when it was first made...

Also - Random question directed at all - Who is the best player you have played with or against or have just seen or heard about that never managed to play a game of first class cricket?

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This guy: Henry Skipper | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Only played in the same team as him when he was in his 40s, but he still oozed class.
I assume he played in Wellington?

Best Guy I played with (once or twice), but mostly saw at training and when our games finished early was Ben Jansen, managed one List A game for Wellington, but was consistently one of the better bowlers and batsmen in Wellington Club cricket for 5 years, never got a run in a first class game.

Blain

U19 Captain
About a year ago, I made my wicket keeping debut, and we were short a few players. Sunnie Chan rocked up to play for us, it was a pretty good way to get the keeping skills up to scratch! It was only grade 2A, hands were a bit sore for a week

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

waddup stress fracture

It's amazing how much difference the rear vs front-on camera angle makes (to my watching anyway). From the front-on camera Ferguson looks damn quick and intimidating there, even if wildly inaccurate as Kippax points out. When it switches to the rear view that we're more accustomed to suddenly his approach to the crease looks leisurely and the big wind-up and release also looks less impressive.

Still reckon he gets it through at a fair pace. Might have to dial it back a bit to get some semblance of accuracy though.
Fatal misconception RE pace and accuracy here. Slowing down most likely won't improve his radar, working on his action will.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

waddup stress fracture

Fatal misconception RE pace and accuracy here. Slowing down most likely won't improve his radar, working on his action will.
Alright fine then :p

You can 'dial the pace back a bit' to help improve accuracy if you already have a controlled and repeatable action. Which I agree Ferguson does not.

Just look like he's trying to bowl as fast as physically possible.

Flem274*

123/5
I suppose we can spin it and say how positive it is for Canterbury that their second string bowling attack and their newfound star part timer can put a FC side under so much pressure.

After reading CharlesLara's posts though Strang needs to be shipped out and some bridges need to be mended because while it's a good thing Auckland have produced so many FC standard players, their own side has suffered due to all the exporting.

Could the Auckland Export XI challenge the hometowners?

Raval
Nicol
Cachopa
Cachopa
de Boorder (c) (wk)
Neesham
Fuller
Sodhi
Nethula
Hira
McKay

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
After reading CharlesLara's posts though Strang needs to be shipped out and some bridges need to be mended because while it's a good thing Auckland have produced so many FC standard players, their own side has suffered due to all the exporting.
Strang is stepping down at the end of the season and can't be long until Hopkins retires either, so there will have to be a rebuilding process.

Mike5181

International Captain
It's pretty unforgivable to let some of those guys go. If Strang or whoever couldn't see potential first-class performers in those guys, he has no idea what he's doing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Allrounder watch:

Wells 398 runs at 39.8 and 18 wickets at 24.44
Neesham 352 runs at 39.1 and 19 wickets at 32.73
Anderson 474 runs at 47.4 and 6 wickets at 54.
Bracewell 319 runs at 53.16 and 20 wickets at 24.85
Southee 239 runs at 119.5 and 16 wickets at 18.31

Edit:
Kuggs 449 runs at 37.41 and 22 wickets at 43.82

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Allrounder watch:

Wells 398 runs at 39.8 and 18 wickets at 24.44
Neesham 352 runs at 39.1 and 19 wickets at 32.73
Anderson 474 runs at 47.4 and 6 wickets at 54.
Bracewell 319 runs at 53.16 and 20 wickets at 24.85
Southee 239 runs at 119.5 and 16 wickets at 18.31
Hrmm... the runs scored in those last two lines kinda invalidate the first three lines :dry:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose we can spin it and say how positive it is for Canterbury that their second string bowling attack and their newfound star part timer can put a FC side under so much pressure.

Could the Auckland Export XI challenge the hometowners?

Raval
Nicol
Cachopa
Cachopa
de Boorder (c) (wk)
Neesham
Fuller
Sodhi
Nethula
Hira
McKay
That team would whip half the competition.

That's to be expected considering Auckland is nearly half the population of NZ, but considering that Auckland is one of the teams that would be thrashed by this team, it's pretty shocking.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we all did, our academy was Ish, Bhupinder Singh, myself and a few of the under 15 guys and with Dipak, much like Strang, if they they get along with you personally, then their sorta is no vested interest regardless of your talent. I'm not too sure whether Strang rated Ish or not to be fair to Strang, but you have to wonder whats up when Tarun was leading wickettaker a few season back, the next season he hardly got a bowl.
Do you know if Bhupinder Singh's action has been verified at all?

Seems like a nice guy, but looks like a blatant chucker to me.