• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
Dougeh on fire in this game. May yet prove to be the difference between the two sides.

Is Daryl Mitchell a gun? Had a pretty solid start to his carrer. Is he another in the Boam/Neesham/Anderson mould? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on him.
Averaging 42/43 with the bat, and low 20s with the ball. Not exactly a bad start to a first-class career.
Yeah Howsie will talk up his bowling and tell you otherwise, but here he is trying to pull Cachopa -
Northern Districts 2012/13, "****ed Right Off the Bat" - YouTube

There he is again trying to loft Marty Kain down the ground -
Marty Kain - YouTube
He's also looked pretty good in his big knocks tbf, especially on the front foot. I think that whatever happens with Mitchell and higher honours, he is showing Bradburn could show some more faith in the youngsters coming through rather than persisting with some of the older guys who aren't what they used to be.

Flem274*

123/5
btw how good was it to finally see Boam batting in the top six and scoring a hundred against Southee and his mates? Eat it Wellington selectors.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Stags one run shy of a batting point. CD 112, Otago a deffo 103. Southee next week for Stags.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Or possibly not.

"I'll play this game and keep in touch with the New Zealand medical staff and Brendon [McCullum, the captain] and Mike [Hesson, the coach] as well. I guess it's up to them what they want to do, whether [I'll] be involved in the one-day series or just get myself right for the Test series."

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think that whatever happens with Mitchell and higher honours, he is showing Bradburn could show some more faith in the youngsters coming through rather than persisting with some of the older guys who aren't what they used to be.
So much young talent just floating around in the ND area. Don't have to look far past the top order for the Bay of Plenty to see a fair chunk of it. Especially a guy like Joe Carter who just seems to get better the higher he goes.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nice to see N Broom in the runs as well...even if my grandmother could **** out a better lineup than this Auckland bowling attack.

Also good to see two metre Peter help to hand Flynn the opening spot.

Flem274*

123/5
The amount of bowlers scoring hundreds this season is crazy. Nethula, Milne (almost), Kugglejuggle, Southee, Bartin and now Beard.

Howsie

International Captain
It's been said for about six years now but Corey Anderson is going to be such a big time player for New Zealand in the future. Our test team will move quickly as soon as he gets some games under his belt.

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's been said for about six years now but Corey Anderson is going to be such a big time player for New Zealand in the future. Our test team will move quickly as soon as he gets some games under his belt.
Nice dude too, was around for our game at the Tauranga Domain a couple of weeks ago; him and Kane came down to see Trent rip through our lineup.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I was about to rant about Watling and Williamson being pulled out of this round - for a blackcaps camp before first ODI 1 -when there is still 7 days before first match ... When I realised ODI 1 is this Sunday (tomorow), not next Saturday.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
man Wheater has been ****. shame.

At least Fuller may come back to Gloucestershire with confidence. Hasn't done much for us since he arrived and has struggled with injury but hopefully with the confidence gained by performing so well in NZ he can really push on for Glos and give me something to cheer for.

vandem

International 12th Man
It's also a huge couple of days in Bruce Martin's career. Was he leading wicket taker before going in SA tour? But struggled for wickets since he returned.

Included some marathon spells when teammates crying off injured. But not been able to knock people off. Night watchman getting a ton today surely doesn't help.
Martin didn't appear to bowl much in final session yesterday, IIRC at one stage Bhupinder had bowled about 25 overs to Martin 22, now Bhupinder 43 but Martin still 22-8-49-0.

vandem

International 12th Man
Is Daryl Mitchell a gun? Had a pretty solid start to his carrer. Is he another in the Boam/Neesham/Anderson mould? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on him.
Big day for Daryl Mitchell today, first FC century. Didn't throw it away when batting with the tail, ND total went from 7-400 and first innings parity when Southee was out, to 510 when Mitchell was last man out, giving what appears to be a match-winning 110 run first innings lead.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig Cachopa now ahead of Cooled Cachopa in Plunket runs, making for confusion at the selection meeting. Rutherford it is then.