• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Athlai

Not Terrible
Two weeks ago G was struggling to make the ND lineup. I don't think it is hard on him at all to not be involved in a test squad of 20.
Needless to say I don't keep up with ND goings on. I let Dorn and Howsie inform me about all the stuff going on in the unknown region when I can bare to read it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The Wellington Firebirds play the Northern Knights at Cobham oval in round nine of the Plunket Shield from this Wednesday to Saturday.
The Wellington Firebirds squad to play the Northern Knights is:

Stephen Murdoch (Captain, Karori)
Tom Blundell (Karori)
Harry Boam (Karori)
Josh Brodie (Eastern Suburbs)
Tipene Friday (North City)
Mark Gillespie (North City)
Scott Kuggeleijn (Wellington Collegians)
Michael Papps (Wellington Collegians)
Jeetan Patel (Eastern Surburbs)
Michael Pollard (North City)
Malaesaili Tugaga (Wellington Collegians)
Luke Woodcock (Johnsonville)

In changes to the squad to the previous match against the Aces that ended in a draw on Sunday, Luke Ronchi and Jesse Ryder drop out through injury. Tom Blundell comes in to keep wicket, while Jeetan Patel returns to the squad from bereavement leave.
https://www.tab.co.nz/sport/#899

Southee paying $1.82 to destroy a heavily depleted Wgtn, at the often swing-friendly Whangarei. May need to indulge in some serious treachery tonight.

The team in Whangarei: Wilson (c), Arnel Anderson Aldridge Flynn Marshall Mitchell Sodhi Southee Verma Wheater Yovich.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder's injured?

In celebration of the fact they have to face Southee, Wellington have a horribly weak looking batting lineup. Southee 2/18 so far.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington actually doing quite well here - better than Auckland and Canterbury in the other matches anyway.

Dougeh in the wickets against Canterbury - it's about time.

Blain

U19 Captain
Don't worry, Boam is in. Saved the Firebirds arse a couple times in the last few weeks.. And dont forget the Kugs!

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wagner 3/20 vs Auckland

Tom Blundell in and out on debut; interesting to see him with the gloves, was never a Keeper when I left Wellington.

Blain

U19 Captain
Put my nuts on the line with my last comment, but the lads have pulled through. Boam and Kug doing the job atm.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, a minute ago Bracewell had 3/32... now it's 7/35 and Canterbury are all out.

Top day for Wellingtron against a good ND attack. Kuggs is contributing a lot of useful runs at present.