• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A 20/20 team of

Ryder/Devcich
Ronchi
Franklin
de Grandhomme
Munro
Anderson
Noema-Barnett/Devcich
Neesham
McCullum
Kuggeleign
McClenaghan
Agree we do have to be mindful of how T20/ODIs affect our test players - especially the fast bowlers and a few batsmen like Williamson imo.

But my gosh that is a horrible T20 team!

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
It is for a first class team, but for a 20/20 team its a solid team

strike rates
Ryder 145
Ronchi 138
Franklin 123
de Grandhomme 164
Munro 128
Anderson 126
Noema-Barnett 138
Neesham 156
McCullum 131
Kuggs 126
McClenaghan 80
Devcich 126

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
to be fair on Devcich, he is the only guy with decent power and can bowl offspin (who isnt named Nicol) that I wouldnt want focusing on tests

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If Devcich gets selected in the next 12 months for any form of the game for NZ I will make a placard, and hire a loud speaker and make a spectacle of myself outside of parliament asking for the government to intervene.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
to be fair on Devcich, he is the only guy with decent power and can bowl offspin (who isnt named Nicol) that I wouldnt want focusing on tests
Unlike England, South Africa or other top nations we simply do not have the talent pool to specialize everyone.
Like it or not T20 is here to stay, brings in the most revenue and gathers the most interest. For the long term stability of the game in this country, more people need to become interested in the sport, and the best way to do that is to win, especially in the T20 format.
If we allow most of our best talent to specialize in Tests, our T20 team will suffer as a result, and interest in the sport will dwindle. Sure our Test team might win a few games, but not enough to offset the fanbase lost by the detriment of our T20 side.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Barry having a cautious debut so far, 16* (71). Meanwhile, Fulton standing tall in the face of some Arnel wickets. Brownlie with a 20-something score for the third consecutive match. Hope he makes a big one in the 2nd dig.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If no-one in the comp except Wells can get the red ball to swing, bowl around the wicket to him, let's see him squeeze a back of a length delivery off a fourth stump line then.
2_001_05 - YouTube Aha, didn't take long for the English to work out what Bradburn and co. haven't in nearly a year now. Rutherford still gets four.

Howsie

International Captain
So how much of a lead will we have by the end of the day?

Canterbury really does have to do something about it's bowling attack. I realise they're missing a couple of bowlers but the likes of McCone and McEwan are just pudding at this level, no future whatsoever.

Edit: And as I say that McEwan gets Wilson. Flynn not opening now?

Howsie

International Captain
Obvs not. I guess he's been told he isn't seen as an opener at the next level, shame really, would do a better job than anyone else.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah - y iz Fln nt opning? Have they given up on him opening for NZ already? Word come through that it's not happening?

tbf to McCone he's pretty much held Canterbury's attack together through this injury crisis. Still very much a domestic bowler but appears to be bowling a bit quicker than previously.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
McCone's fourth on the wickets list with 25 at 16, doing damn well for just a push it across left-armer.

Last edited: