Page 12 of 221 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    That's no surprise - Mitch hasn't bowled in a match since March. He's supremely fit and carrying no injuries but is slightly rusty, and a bit bulkier (muscle wise, there's not an ounce of fat on him) than end of last season. 3-42 is a pretty damn first hitout for him, even if it was on a green one and luck went his way a bit. I was going to say he'll get quicker as the series goes on but he's off to South Africa with the Aces come next week.
    Think he did bowl a little faster later in the match (though the bowler running towards the camera can also look a little faster). Does get nice shape, no doubt about that. Boult and Wagner much more consistent today though.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Ellis pushed the ball straight to cover, de Boorder came screaming down the wicket looking for a quick single, Ellis didn't move until de Boorder was halfway down, and barely made it halfway before being run out. It's difficult to know for sure whose fault it was without sound. But it was Ellis' call to make, he was clearly hesitant and there was never really a run in it, so I'm gonna say Ellis had the right to feel aggrieved.
    Haha I didn't see but I'm going to go right ahead and presume that's Derek's fault. If it's a single in Derek's mind, it's a single.

Maybe there's a wind involved as well as to why Mitch looked quicker later on? No surprise his radar was off, he'll be a big asset if it's on come October 9 in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

State Captain
    Mmm...Ellis did half take off then stop, but holy hell Derek just put his head down and ran, never thought about looking what Ellis was doing.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Ellis - it's ok to say no.
    Exit pursuing a beer

State Captain
    Hahaha I don't think no was an option. Derek had his head down like his body had been invaded by a Jamaican sprinter and he was running the first 20 yards of the 100m final.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    It was in front of square (I think) so he'd have every right to stand his ground and let De Boorder run himself out imo. Aware that it's not always that clear in the thick of things, though.

21/2 off 9. We chose to bat first! Think Ellis fancies another lengthy innings itbt.

Broom in for Latham, Nethula for Brownlie, McKay for Boult.

State Captain
    Oh absolutely he does, every right in the world.

Howsie will be pleased, two very good pick-ups for ND in the HRV Cup in Foster and Croft. Both had booming T20 summers.

No word on Wellington yet, didn't Peter Clinton say the coffers were empty and they might not look at an import, or did I make that up? They could definitely do with a batsman or two, a Hodge, a Gibbs or some such. If they sign an all-rounder like Arafat or something similar, they've lost the plot.

No word on Wellington yet, didn't Peter Clinton say the coffers were empty and they might not look at an import, or did I make that up?
    Pretty sure he said this import was integral to their three campaigns despite their financial woes. An experienced county allrounder just short of England level, not available till December is what we know.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Pretty sure he said this import was integral to their three campaigns despite their financial woes. An experienced county allrounder just short of England level, not available till December is what we know.
    That's right, I remember the all-rounder stuff. Is that essential? Wellington aren't exactly short of bowling options.

Good to see Rutherford not getting a duck. Flynn won't be all that pleased with his shot, I remember seeing that somewhere in the winter tours.

Good to see Rutherford not getting a duck. Flynn won't be all that pleased with his shot, I remember seeing that somewhere in the winter tours.
    Well that's one way to summarise getting out for 6! Just looking for the dismissal now.

Edit: More than an hour old so couldn't find it. Saw Flynn's though - ugh.
    Last edited by straw man; 20-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.

50 for Broom. Good start to this season after terrible last season. I still don't particularly like quite a few aspects of his technique though.

Hah, best scalp for McKay is quite some time, not that it moved in the air or anything like Direbirds fans would hope.

Bit of a tantrum from Ellis at about 3:41pm, could even get fined for dissent like that.

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Hmmm, Nethula getting pumped nice and well I see. I still for the life of me can't work out how he managed to pick up a national contract.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Thread Information